Whats "reasonably priced" for GT500s

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Dark Matter Grey '23 GT Mustang , 1976 SS Torana
Once a GT500 costs 2/3 of price of a GT3 or turboS Porsche buy the porsche :rockon:
Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Your fxck’n clueless. Go total up a purpuse built track car and let us all know what that costs. And I’m not talking about some shxt box you got from Copart to build your track beast that the thing dogtracks because it was back yard repaired by a couple of clowns that dont own a tram gauge or even know what it is, but watched an episode or two on youtube. Your so full of knowledge I’m surprised Wayne Taylor doesn’t have you on retainer.

Are you stupid? Lots of people with track focused gts… With the price difference you can pick up a $25k gt and have 75k to turn into a beast…

You could get a built motor, boost, any suspension part, huge brakes, and maybe even enough room for a sequential trans.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Your fxck’n clueless. Go total up a purpuse built track car and let us all know what that costs. And I’m not talking about some shxt box you got from Copart to build your track beast that the thing dogtracks because it was back yard repaired by a couple of clowns that dont own a tram gauge or even know what it is, but watched an episode or two on youtube. Your so full of knowledge I’m surprised Wayne Taylor doesn’t have you on retainer.
I got my gt used for $20k… no accidents, just a few minor scratches and road rash.

You seriously don’t think for $75k you can build a car faster around a track than a gt500?

30k for an upgraded motor, boost, and trans. Leaves you 45k for suspension and aero…

Or 20k for boost and motor and 30k for sequential trans. Don’t remember if you need standalone ecu but probably so another 5k. Still have 20k for suspension and aero.

If you really want we can work through and do a complex budget and find all the right parts you would need.

R3G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 TRX, 2020 Shelby GT350
If I hadn’t just bought a GT350 (2020, low miles, complete package) which I am pretty sure is the most unique Mustang ever built- I would have shopped for a 2013-2014 GT500. Something about that model year really revs me up inside. The looks, the power, the supercharger whine, manual transmission. Carbon Fiber driveshaft…I wont lie. I vant vone bad. Good luck with shopping…kicking tires is much of the fun and despite the s550 gt500 being automatic, its otherwise very well optioned and probably a blast to drive.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Now your asking the question, thought you had all the answers. I had an ICar Gold facility, built more then a few cars. Not interested in a bench racer. I will give you one clue though, you don’t start with the engine.

I got my gt used for $20k… no accidents, just a few minor scratches and road rash.

You seriously don’t think for $75k you can build a car faster around a track than a gt500?

30k for an upgraded motor, boost, and trans. Leaves you 45k for suspension and aero…

Or 20k for boost and motor and 30k for sequential trans. Don’t remember if you need standalone ecu but probably so another 5k. Still have 20k for suspension and aero.

If you really want we can work through and do a complex budget and find all the right parts you would need.

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
Now your asking the question, thought you had all the answers. I had an ICar Gold facility, built more then a few cars. Not interested in a bench racer. I will give you one clue though, you don’t start with the engine.
I don't think he realizes the GT500's engine by itself is 25 or 30k and the DCT is another 20k lol.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Tristen, just what the f-ck are you doing? Do you realize you’re on a GT500 forum? The folks on here have no interest on your $20k wonder. And for the record, as a GT/CS owner, is that you can throw all the $$$ you want at a GT and it will never be a Shelby.

OP
OP
vaeevictiss

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1

Sponsored

Jbraun2828

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350

The problem with all that is when you get done the car still isn’t worth squat. The 500 will still be better, be worth triple, and have a warranty

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
The best bet for a great price on the GT500 is to wait for the Rapture. There will be at least one available pretty cheap.

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
I'll cop to that - RE GT500 valuations.

Market distortions show up on all kinds of places but they eventually come out. Maybe it's time for GT500 to have the wind come out of their sails. I couldn't say. Maybe it'll be September, maybe never. I simply post what historical norms suggest the pricing should be around. Not that it WILL BE. Because if I could predict the future, I'd be one rich SOB.
The prices aren't going to drop significantly until a new GT500 model is offered, even then it will be a gradual decrease. Look at the market for the low mileage 13/14 models they are still commanding over MSRP in many cases.

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
The prices aren't going to drop significantly until a new GT500 model is offered, even then it will be a gradual decrease. Look at the market for the low mileage 13/14 GT500 and 13 Boss models, they are still commanding over MSRP in many cases.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
The prices aren't going to drop significantly until a new GT500 model is offered, even then it will be a gradual decrease. Look at the market for the low mileage 13/14 models they are still commanding over MSRP in many cases.
I would even say to throw out historic norms with these kinds of cars. They’re a dying breed, the pool is only going to continue to shrink which should keep values elevated over historical averages
Sponsored