vaeevictiss

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1
on topic but off topic, but how aren't these cars getting stolen more with how desirable they are? I feel like every other week I hear about a hellcat getting stolen. My buddy had his stolen and told me just last week a guy in his neighborhood had a Scat Pack stolen. Guessing Dodge just being Dodge has some fatal flaw with their system, but I personally never heard of a GT500 getting stolen.

Admittedly, this has still been a point of hesitation for me on getting one lol.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
on topic but off topic, but how aren't these cars getting stolen more with how desirable they are? I feel like every other week I hear about a hellcat getting stolen. My buddy had his stolen and told me just last week a guy in his neighborhood had a Scat Pack stolen. Guessing Dodge just being Dodge has some fatal flaw with their system, but I personally never heard of a GT500 getting stolen.

Admittedly, this has still been a point of hesitation for me on getting one lol.
Not everyone can drive a DCT. šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£

rp930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, 2019 Ranger, 2015 MB GLK250

Just a guess but there are probably 20 times more Hellcats than GT500ā€™s.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
And they have severe security flaws

Lilmags500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jody
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1 19 F350 20 Fusion Ti 19 Escape Ti
OK , so I own a 2022 Mach 1 Performance pack , work for Ford and I couldn't even buy a GT500 for sticker . There is a used GT500 at a dealer down the street from me 2022 152 miles for 111,000.00 I pulled the sticker on it 79600.00 . I too have considered charging my Mach , and I believe that is the route I will take . My sticker was 67000.00 and I got it for 60,000.00 out the door so I'm ahead of the game a little ...

My 2 cents is supercharge yours , add all the goodies you want and it will still be less then the "over real world value" above what the car may be worth that you would pay never mind the insane interest rates these days even with 800 + credit rating you will pay ...

Sponsored

OP
OP
vaeevictiss

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
OK , so I own a 2022 Mach 1 Performance pack , work for Ford and I couldn't even buy a GT500 for sticker . There is a used GT500 at a dealer down the street from me 2022 152 miles for 111,000.00 I pulled the sticker on it 79600.00 . I too have considered charging my Mach , and I believe that is the route I will take . My sticker was 67000.00 and I got it for 60,000.00 out the door so I'm ahead of the game a little ...

My 2 cents is supercharge yours , add all the goodies you want and it will still be less then the "over real world value" above what the car may be worth that you would pay never mind the insane interest rates these days even with 800 + credit rating you will pay ...
For sure. The best i can get on a 60mo is 5.15 and im at 821 CS. My GT has 2.9 and my F150 is at 0%. Would be hard to trade out of either right now. Ya, some people say even 5% is still good, but you know what's better, 2.9 and 0 lol.

Lilmags500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jody
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1 19 F350 20 Fusion Ti 19 Escape Ti
For sure. The best i can get on a 60mo is 5.15 and im at 821 CS. My GT has 2.9 and my F150 is at 0%. Would be hard to trade out of either right now. Ya, some people say even 5% is still good, but you know what's better, 2.9 and 0 lol.
I refinanced my 19' Superduty 3 years ago through my credit union @ 1.49% those days are over for the foreseeable future . My Mach 5% last October .

Look at it this way , if you like your car , keep your car . Toss 10-12K at it to make it yours , it will be Amazing ! I watched a whippled Mach1 Demolish a GT500 at the drag strip , that could be your GT .

AND , you get to keep the current equity in your car for yourself without starting over again !

OP
OP
vaeevictiss

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
I refinanced my 19' Superduty 3 years ago through my credit union @ 1.49% those days are over for the foreseeable future . My Mach 5% last October .

Look at it this way , if you like your car , keep your car . Toss 10-12K at it to make it yours , it will be Amazing ! I watched a whippled Mach1 Demolish a GT500 at the drag strip , that could be your GT .

AND , you get to keep the current equity in your car for yourself without starting over again !
Ya I mean I do like mine and I've done a few things to it so it is "mine". plus I bought it new with double digit miles on it so its nice that there was never anyone else's ass in it except obviously the people needed to make it part of the process to point of sale. The GT500 would for sure just be an impractical luxury purchase and I think that's why I struggle with the idea. its far more of a want than a need...but hell the GT wasn't a need either lol. It was nice because I could get something that was exactly what I wanted and it gets paid with money from an account that has no bearing to my day to day life. literally just fuck off money lol. It is cool to just set up the auto pay + a few hundred extra to pay it off early and forget about it. I get an email each month telling me it was paid.

Getting a GT500, while I can do it, would take a much bigger bite out of my fuck off money, then I couldn't fuck off as much haha. I may just let the dream remain a dream and have fun with mine while I can. If I break something, replace it and keep moving.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Getting a GT500, while I can do it, would take a much bigger bite out of my fuck off money, then I couldn't fuck off as much haha. I may just let the dream remain a dream and have fun with mine while I can. If I break something, replace it and keep moving.
as the recession really gets going even 'looks rich' people will be dumping assets and impractical cars are high on that list. So keep your powder dry.

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Tristen, just what the f-ck are you doing? Do you realize youā€™re on a GT500 forum? The folks on here have no interest on your $20k wonder. And for the record, as a GT/CS owner, is that you can throw all the $$$ you want at a GT and it will never be a Shelby.
Have you read the postsā€¦

The op mentioned in his original post that he was debating supercharging a gt or getting a gt500. I asked him what specifically he wanted and we narrowed it down to a gt500. Someone wanted to argue with me that a gt could never be faster than a gt500 besides ā€œmaybeā€ the quarter mile.

The truth is a gt can be just as fast as a gt500, track or strip. Much the same way you can turn a Miata into a track beast that can beat a Porsche. But a gt wonā€™t have the same prestige and quality that a factory Shelby has and no matter how fast the Miata is it will never be a Porsche.

Iā€™m not arguing that the OP throws money at his gt to make it faster than a gt500, in fact it seems to make much more sense for him to buy the gt500 because thatā€™s what he wants. I was simply arguing with the one guy that itā€™s impossible to make a gt faster. If the op wanted pure speed, gt all day, but we have already discussed how thatā€™s not all he is looking for and he clearly wants the Shelby.

Maybe read the whole thread before you assume Iā€™m retarded lmao

Sponsored

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Ya I mean I do like mine and I've done a few things to it so it is "mine". plus I bought it new with double digit miles on it so its nice that there was never anyone else's ass in it except obviously the people needed to make it part of the process to point of sale. The GT500 would for sure just be an impractical luxury purchase and I think that's why I struggle with the idea. its far more of a want than a need...but hell the GT wasn't a need either lol. It was nice because I could get something that was exactly what I wanted and it gets paid with money from an account that has no bearing to my day to day life. literally just fuck off money lol. It is cool to just set up the auto pay + a few hundred extra to pay it off early and forget about it. I get an email each month telling me it was paid.

You could try and play the long game and wait for the price to go down but the problem is the gt500 is a special car. Who knows what Ford will release next and maybe everyone decides the current gt500 is the best the gt500 will ever be and the price goes up.

The good thing is that if you buy it used with some miles, if you need or want to sell you shouldnā€™t lose too much money.

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
as the recession really gets going even 'looks rich' people will be dumping assets and impractical cars are high on that list. So keep your powder dry.
The sky is falling, I've been calling it for years and years it's bound to happen at some point and THEN I'll be right!!!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Have you read the postsā€¦

The op mentioned in his original post that he was debating supercharging a gt or getting a gt500. I asked him what specifically he wanted and we narrowed it down to a gt500. Someone wanted to argue with me that a gt could never be faster than a gt500 besides ā€œmaybeā€ the quarter mile.

The truth is a gt can be just as fast as a gt500, track or strip. Much the same way you can turn a Miata into a track beast that can beat a Porsche. But a gt wonā€™t have the same prestige and quality that a factory Shelby has and no matter how fast the Miata is it will never be a Porsche.

Iā€™m not arguing that the OP throws money at his gt to make it faster than a gt500, in fact it seems to make much more sense for him to buy the gt500 because thatā€™s what he wants. I was simply arguing with the one guy that itā€™s impossible to make a gt faster. If the op wanted pure speed, gt all day, but we have already discussed how thatā€™s not all he is looking for and he clearly wants the Shelby.

Maybe read the whole thread before you assume Iā€™m retarded lmao
Sorry, but I never said, or thought, you were retarded. I just know this sub-forum. You can have the baddest/fastest GT in the world and no one on here is going to tell you it's better than a Shelby. But in reading this post it is obvious that you get it. Besides I'm still not sure OP really wants a GT500.

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Sorry, but I never said, or thought, you were retarded. I just know this sub-forum. You can have the baddest/fastest GT in the world and no one on here is going to tell you it's better than a Shelby. But in reading this post it is obvious that you get it. Besides I'm still not sure OP really wants a GT500.
Haha, you are all good no need to apologize.

It depends on people's perspective of what they think is better. I think the OP has decided he would rather have the gt500 and likes the gt500 for what it is, just doesn't know if he wants to spend the money to get it.
Sponsored