Sponsored

What is the Fastest Speed You Have Reached, and for How Long?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The whole POINT of Brainerd is going thru T1 with the throttle on the floor. :)

PS. I'd chicken out too. VIR's 'kink' barely rates as a direction change by comparison.
When running the small track, yes you can take turn 1 with the pedal floored. There is a fair amount of banking, so you can get up to 120 or 130 before braking to about 110 or so for turn 2 IIRC. I once got out of shape a little on turn 2 taking it too fast and I decided I didn't want to do that again. :whew:

But when running the large track configuration you are really booking it by the time you get to turn 1. I'm sure there are cars that could take that turn much faster, but I'm not going to try it in a Mustang.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
But when running the large track configuration you are really booking it by the time you get to turn 1. I'm sure there are cars that could take that turn much faster, but I'm not going to try it in a Mustang.
big track or nuthin' :)

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
When younger, Id make the midnight runs from college to home averaging 120 in my 70 442. A few years ago, I did a cannonball style run from VA to WA in my M3 and in some of those wide open spaces out west held 120-130 for several tanks of fuel 😂 130 was about the top of the E36M3's capabilities.

I've run the Bullitt up to 145-150 a few times running to redline in gears but not for long haven't found the safe and LE free guaranteed road or situation to try it. Definitely the most powerful car I've owned. It pulls and pulls.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
A few years ago, I did a cannonball style run from VA to WA in my M3 and in some of those wide open spaces out west held 120-130 for several tanks of fuel 😂 130 was about the top of the E36M3's capabilities.
That's because you guys didn't get the proper version ... :wink:

155 in a BMW e36 M3 Evo (a proper one, not the watered down thing you got in the USA).

I'm not sure what the speedo would have been showing, but I guess with the inaccuracies of a car of that era probably high 160's (some reported an indicated 172 when on the limiter but I'm not sure the Germans would have allowed such a large inaccuracy).

1673196873056.jpeg

WD :like:
It's the other way around with our euro GT's though ... :frown:

WD :like:

fast306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 M1HP6MT
I've had a stock 98GT up to 140, it took a looooooong time to get there. 2 things I remember are watching the needle creeeeeeeep, I just wanted it to register dead on 140 before letting off--there was a light turn coming up ahead so that was as far as I pushed it.

The other thing I remember is holding 4th gear forever and finally shifting into 5th gear, and being shocked at how much quicker the car started accelerating even though I was in overdrive...

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Buried the speedo (160) on my pullied/tuned '07 GT500 briefly on a long, flat desolate back road one summer.

Shortly after returning to posted speed, a deer ran across the road. Would have been beyond sketchy at speed.

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
Mustang 131+ (1/2 mie
Pantera 162+ (1.5 miles, 1 mile 152mph)

Never on public roads.
Pantera - Very Nice. My Dad had a friend who owned a white Pantera. Great looking car handling great and quite fast even by today's standards. True story. Friend pulled over late evening of December 31 early New Year's morning. He was rolling at very fast speed and took the Vermont State trooper a long time to run him down. Pete (Name) expected to be hand cuffed and taken to jail. Trooper walks up and tells him, "Thanks, you're the one". Pete with a puzzled and careful look ask's him, I beg your pardon, don't undertand? Trooper now grinning tells him the pool tonight was just over $2000 dollars for the fastest speeding ticket and he just earned it for this stop. Pete got off with a very stern warning. We should be so lucky :)

Last edited:

SrBio

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
18 F150, 18 Mustang GT, 02 F250, 97 Mustang, 78 Malibu drag car
Did 53 on a bike down a hill. The goal was 55. 53 on a mountain bike scared me more than crazy fast on a motorcycle. My mountain bike wheels are very poorly balanced.
47-49 coming down the mountain after Top of the World MTBR in New Mexico. Those gripper tires were singing and I was more nervous than my first 167 pass in alcohol injected altered we ran a few years back. That rascal was a handful.

Sponsored

FUN2RIDEFAST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Approx 165 Suzuki GSXR1100 in Florida on a two lane racing another bike. A really stupid thing to do but I was much younger.​

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pau
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT mustang
138, let off to brake, pocono raceway, scca track event, back strait after the tunnel turn, last summer

RoGCobraRV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
150 mph in since sold pullied + tuned 07 Gt500. Felt fine,just like normal highway speed,except that the hood definitely was shaking and rattling quite a lot. Hood pins woulda been nice for reassurance.

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
It's surprising how slow you go, considering America is pretty much flat and with straight, empty roads.

Speed governor hit multiple times on public motorway, but it is tiring because it consumes a lot of attention driving at that speed. Usual speed on motorways any of my cars is 190/200 Km/h if traffic allows that. And I can assure is completely safe and I'm not an hooligan. Otherwise 142 Km/h if average speed cameras are present (that is speed limit + tolerances).
Sponsored