Sponsored

Wengerd Performance and Tuning

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Thanks, I learned decades ago that some of the best programmers come from the smaller independent shops. Those shops typically pants the guys with all the flashy ads and trendy followers.
:crackup::crackup:
Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Thanks, I learned decades ago that some of the best programmers come from the smaller independent shops. Those shops typically pants the guys with all the flashy ads and trendy followers.
I agree. I think the failures of so many companies is when they allow peanut counters to run their business and start treating their customers like $$$ instead of Actual customers who are the ones who actually pay their bills and make them profitable. .

Chads19Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang gt
I emailed Daryl, responded within 2 minutes. And just placed my order on the website a little over an hour ago, within 30 minutes had tracking email for my RTD. I don't know how many clones he has of himself working at his shop but man has customer service down pat!

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
I emailed Daryl, responded within 2 minutes. And just placed my order on the website a little over an hour ago, within 30 minutes had tracking email for my RTD. I don't know how many clones he has of himself working at his shop but man has customer service down pat!
This guy doesnt sleep.

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
This guy doesnt sleep.
And he didn’t HeeHaw around with my 87mm TB question whereas most others pushback and say to stick with the 80mm TB.

I really need to figure out this email thing soon.

Sponsored

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
And he didn’t HeeHaw around with my 87mm TB question whereas most others pushback and say to stick with the 80mm TB.

I really need to figure out this email thing soon.
You need an email machine.

Screenshot_20211119-214747_Chrome.jpg

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
A fax machine - LOL
Someone might remember AN/UXC-7

Last edited:

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1

Sponsored

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Wow AN/UXC-7!! Did you get a chance to use one?
Yes and I worked in C&E Maintenance so we had to fix (got them working) - LOL

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Just wanted to add my experience.
Unfortunately, it hasn't been as good as everyone else.

I have a shifting issue from 3rd to 4th when using paddle shifters (6r80). I've been trying to get this issue solved for over a month and it's taken multiple tunes that have done nothing. I sometimes won't get replies for a while and I have gotten tunes that I couldn't even load into my car because they didn't code the tune to my car. I've also had to go back and forth several times with them getting them to believe my issue and take a serious look at it, even with data logs.

I'm hoping I can still get this resolved. I did reach out to Lund and they said they have seen this issue and that their tunes will not have this issue...

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo

I have a shifting issue from 3rd to 4th when using paddle shifters (6r80). I've been trying to get this issue solved for over a month and it's taken multiple tunes that have done nothing. I sometimes won't get replies for a while and I have gotten tunes that I couldn't even load into my car because they didn't code the tune to my car. I've also had to go back and forth several times with them getting them to believe my issue and take a serious look at it, even with data logs.

I'm hoping I can still get this resolved. I did reach out to Lund and they said they have seen this issue and that their tunes will not have this issue...
Something just does not add up here. With all the 6r80s Wengerd has tuned with precision sounds like it could be a mechanical issue. Not saying that it is for sure but weird that you are the only one. Good luck with it. Please let us know the rest of the story as if Lund cannot fix this we probably will not hear anything from you but if they do fix it I am sure you will be back here to tell us. That is how these car groups go.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
What tuning device? I had a 3 to 4th flare using SCT software that went away with HP tuners. All settings were the same.

Wengerd Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wengerdperformance.com
First Name
Derel
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Whipple 15 Mustang GT TT 18 F150 VMP ODIN

Basically the issue this car is having is from what I have been told (when in manual mode) it is auto upshifting 3-4 when wot or something down that line.

While it's a very small issue it even does it stock.

As far as coding the tune to the car you are talking about a option We have to protect tuning by modifying the OS of the vehicle and your device for some unknown reason wouldn't load the tune and said unlicensed vehicle.

That is not a issue on our end but we went and sent a stock os file anyways so you could load it which no other tuners would do.

Usually when this happens you can go to Documents/hptuners/settings and delete the license.dat file, reopen RTD flasher and it fixes that glitch.

We tried multiple revisions to see if anything changes and haven't seen anything.

We have never had a issue with the 6r80 before and most people roll in manual mode then move the gear selector to auto when roll racing.

We are testing a few things in person but have yet to have this issue.

Looking back over the logs it is only auto shifting when you are at part throttle .

You were at roughly 30 percent throttle and shifted for 3-4 then when it shifted you went 100 percent throttle and it back shifted to 3.

If you are in Drive and bump the paddles you will only be in manual mode for 3 sec (if steady state) and it will go back to auto shifting.

When in sport (gear selector to S) they will keep the target gear and not swap to auto if no paddle input for 3 sec .

I see it actually does not auto upshift at wot but when you were at part throttle and when it upshifted you went to 100 percent and it downshift again.

As far as replys you were getting replies yesterday (Sunday) so I'm not exactly sure where you are coming from there...

We just sent a revision so give it a shot
Sponsored

Last edited: