Reaction score
Website
wengerdperformance.com
First Name
Derel
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Whipple 15 Mustang GT TT 18 F150 VMP ODIN
Still no flextune for f/i right?
Correct. These infer ethenal based on Wideband data. Example. A vac leak could cause the car to think its on e85 and run e85 timing when on 93. We know how that would end. Unless we find a way to use a true ethenal sensor that most likely will not happen.
Sponsored

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Do you tune 2020+ GT500ā€™s?

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
Correct. These infer ethenal based on Wideband data. Example. A vac leak could cause the car to think its on e85 and run e85 timing when on 93. We know how that would end. Unless we find a way to use a true ethenal sensor that most likely will not happen.
And what about kits like gt1r for the gtr? Or visconti kits, etc? None of that will work?

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
And what about kits like gt1r for the gtr? Or visconti kits, etc? None of that will work?
You could certainly add a sensor to read ethanol content, but how would you get that information into the stock ecu to reduce or increase timing?

Sponsored

Wengerd Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wengerdperformance.com
First Name
Derel
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Whipple 15 Mustang GT TT 18 F150 VMP ODIN
You could certainly add a sensor to read ethanol content, but how would you get that information into the stock ecu to reduce or increase timing?
It would require a custom OS using some input into the ecu

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
idk. i'm asking because my gtr is flex tuned on ecutek and works flawless. i would like for my mustang to be able to do the same when i add the S/C.... it's just practical!

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Youre also comparing a 100-120k car to a 50k car. Still, being a nissan, its amazing they have figured that out when they cant figure out simple things like paint, or keeping the bumpers on the car.

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Butthurt much or jealous much? If you feel offended by a gtr, ok, letā€™s lower standardsā€¦ my wifeā€™s had a wrx able to run flex too.

the point was not to hurt your feelings. I was asking 100% on a serious way because i wanna supercharge my mustang, and Iā€™m going 93 instead of e85 because of the e85 availability, while if flex, i can enjoy both like i can do with the ā€œjust a nissanā€ *said by the guy driving the nothing special ford* :cwl::cwl:

what would be needed to run flex + f/i? If it is a matter of oem ecu, can It be done with with something like a motec stand alone?

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Butthurt much or jealous much? If you feel offended by a gtr, ok, letā€™s lower standardsā€¦ my wifeā€™s had a wrx able to run flex too.

the point was not to hurt your feelings. I was asking 100% on a serious way because i wanna supercharge my mustang, and Iā€™m going 93 instead of e85 because of the e85 availability, while if flex, i can enjoy both like i can do with the ā€œjust a nissanā€ *said by the guy driving the nothing special ford* :cwl::cwl:

what would be needed to run flex + f/i? If it is a matter of oem ecu, can It be done with with something like a motec stand alone?
Yes, Motec can run flex fuel.
Fathouse Fab runs Motec on their twin turbo GT350's.

Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT

Yes, motec and whatever other aftermarket standalone thatā€™s out there for these cars. You can also look at lundā€™s pcmtec tunes, you can change tunes and stoich values on the fly, idk how much that stoich value can be changed, like can you go from 14.1:1 to 9.8:1? Idk. Or change from a 93 to an E85 tune. Those are questions you can direct to Lund.

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1

Lol no one's butt hurt and I didn't say anything about your car, just Nissans in general. If anyone is butthurt it's you for making a whole post justifying it and then having to talk about my nothing special Ford that I only paid 45k for. Everyone has a GT, of course it's nothing special. But if you want the truth the gtr is ugly, it's heavy, the engine is old and outdated, the interior is old and outdated, it's a 15 year old platform, and the transmission sucks for what you pay for them. That's like... Mustang GT quality with a Cayman GT4 price tag.

The whole GTR community is just fuckboys that think they have the coolest, most unique car in the world.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Lol no one's butt hurt and I didn't say anything about your car, just Nissans in general. If anyone is butthurt it's you for making a whole post justifying it and then having to talk about my nothing special Ford that I only paid 45k for. Everyone has a GT, of course it's nothing special. But if you want the truth the gtr is ugly, it's heavy, the engine is old and outdated, the interior is old and outdated, it's a 15 year old platform, and the transmission sucks for what you pay for them. That's like... Mustang GT quality with a Cayman GT4 price tag.

The whole GTR community is just fuckboys that think they have the coolest, most unique car in the world.
šŸ˜ƒ

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

lmao but donā€™t be so jealous because you canā€™t afford itā€¦ i wanted a gtr, a newer low miles gtr, and got oneā€¦ not a gt500, not a C8, not a 991ā€¦ a gtr. So now i have both because i like both and can afford both.

i wish i had more parking space at home so i could add more old outdated junk like 355 spider, an R34 and a 930/964ā€¦ because who in their right mind would pay that much money for and old, outdated cars lol

but back to the post. You got butthurt because i named the gtr saying you can run flex with one of the flex kits, same as other cars and i asked if that was possible with a similar kitā€¦ but out of nowhere you started crying and trash talking. Itā€™s ok buddy. No need to be jealous Nor mad. I wish the gtr was as cheap as the mustang is to produce horsepowerā€¦
Sponsored

Last edited: