Sponsored

Viking Shocks - The PP "Bounce" is Gone!

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
I really want to get these, just nervous about all the noise complaints especially on a daily driver.
They do work great ... If you have a loud exhaust you might not hear the rattle .. Mine had stock exhaust and I could hear it ..
Sponsored

Chevpwr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 Vert
I got some Crusaders from Terry back in December, I just recently got my car back from the shop after all the new mods. I have driven about 200 miles on them and I must have gotten lucky because there isn't any niose from mine. I do have the Magnaflow exhaust but it is the street version and with the turbos I think it's quieter stock.

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
Im convinced the Viking shocks are absolute garbage... I got a pair of the Warriors. They squeak to all high hell. No matter what setting I have them at my car still bottoms out when going over a bump or dip at moderate speed. Maybe I just got a bad pair, but I'm putting my PP rear shocks back on until something better comes along... So upset...

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
put the PP shocks back on today. 100 times better. I'll just wait to see if anything better comes along. Still waiting for reviews on the Koni's which might be an option...

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
viking bought a car, just for these shocks. we'll see the updates they come up with.

on the "noise side" they put in a set that they got back from noise and didn't get anythin on that set, so they are going to keep working at it

OP
OP

MtnBiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
viking bought a car, just for these shocks. we'll see the updates they come up with.

on the "noise side" they put in a set that they got back from noise and didn't get anythin on that set, so they are going to keep working at it
Mine were quiet for a few weeks when new. And would also be quite each time I removed the upper shock mount (which would unload and maybe reorient the lower bushing). One of my rears also developed that annoying squeak.

They should drive these around for a while.

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
I almost bought these, but after reading all of this, I would hate to put em on and hear a bunch of clunks.

yellowstangatl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Orange Fury GT
I got a really good deal on a set of used Crusaders. Good enough that I won't be too upset if they don't work out. My initial thoughts:

-No rattle or squeaking yet
-I installed with the bumpstops from my stock shocks. I cut about 3/4" off the stock bumpstops.
-The design of how these attach at the bottom is flawed. Way to much play available when you install, which is probably why some people's squeak. In fact I think it might be better to install these with the suspension jacked up to ride height to help place the shocks in the correct position.
-Currently running with 3C and 6R, which is ok for driving around town. Going to try 6C 9R when I take it to the track. Would love to hear what settings worked for other people.
-I'm on Eibach Pro-Kit springs, would it be worthwhile to swap to the BMR drag springs for better performance on the strip?

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Sub, interested to know how it works out with your Proline kit.

Sponsored

jvm051

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT base with 3.55's
Reserructing an old thread. I just ordered mine, is the noise on the new ones still there? Also does anyone have a picture of the bump stop mounted on the top and what needed to be removed for install to get the bump stop on?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Viking Double Adjustable Shocks use poly bushings instead of rubber bushings
Sorry to necro-thread but maybe the vendors can chime in with any developments observed in the past 2 years (if any).

I'm posting to question why the lower mount isn't a needle roller bearing wrapped with a thin layer (3mm or less) of rubber or poly between it and the shock body. If the motion is multi-axis then use Heim bearing (nee spherical rod ends). It's no surprise at all there is squeaking if that rubber/poly is in direct contact with a rotating or twisting element. I can't explain the rattle since I haven't looked at a unit in person nor mounted one. Surely both ends have multi-axis freedom so they can continually orient themselves as the wheel moves thru it's arc? Using damping changes to alter rattles also makes no sense. Especially since the adjustments are just changing the flow rates of the respective bleed circuits. If the rattle is coming from within the shock body there is something very wrong with the rod+piston assembly and that seems highly unlikely.

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
2019 Mustang GT premium , Edelbrock 2650 TVS Supercharger...everything else stock....ordered the drag valve crusaders for the rear....because I love the same ones on my 67 Camaro ( front viking double adjustable coil overs) and trusted them....they were a great company to work with on that project.
After installing mine I had the immediate rattle ( via photos on there I have confirmed I have the new revision aka E clip and oring using the stock lock nut. Installed with the supplied washer and Lock nuts on the bottom. I set the car down loading the lower control arm a bit and installed....I fully expected the additional road noise which to my experience can be tuned to lessen on my other car...and wanted the rebound control as I've put a lot of extra weight over the nose....however the low speed clunking is a no go....VERY disappointed with this thread as I looked to see what I done wrong.....I was already making video proudly extolling the virtues of Viking Crusaders being my first suspension mod to be followed by BMR IRS stuff....and am truly saddened both because I am disabled and it hurts me bad to this labor in open air on Jack stands I will pain sweat thru tonight and many to come for doing this "upgrade" I wanted to race for the first time in a while tomorrow with my first ever new car but it sounds like the rear end is falling out......even sadder I can already tell a performance difference even if significantly over powered tires....I almost went into a culvert on video a few says back and I can say locking in some rebound with my increased front static weight was already paying dividends but it's not worth that rattle...my car has 3k miles on it and the Edelbrock blower drives like stock wouldn't even know it was there if I didnt tell you ( in cabin ) very disappointed in Viking and anyone pushing these for our cars...I got no disclaimer of noisy ( rattles and clunks aren't simply road noise ) simply if your car makes over 600 ( I make 730s) use crusader........
Any alternatives yet I just can't believe viking turned out this shitty a product , I'm really primarily concerned about rebound....
Any new suggestions in a post I missed ? I'm new to Ford and the s550 chassis...I did use the stock bump stop and I'm at stock wide height used for dust covers....I don't even understand the function of the oring on the shaft lol.....
Any guidance is appreciated...road noise fine that's what I bargained for clanking is a no go on a new car....

brad65ford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang gt
OMG this thread!!! Off type but similar issue and product..

I have purchased Viking Coil Over kit from Lethal for my 03 cobra IRS foxbody project. We have been searching all over to find out what the rattling is coming from. We've replaced everything on the car included down to the bushings, pulled the gas tank down to see if there was a baffle rattle, even did hatch latch new pins and latch new parts etc.. All to find where the rattling was coming from. Now after reading this it could be the damn Viking coil over kit? Today I called Viking and told them about my rattling and how im narrowing it down to their coil over kit. I shared what I thought the issue was with the top mount since there are a lot of pieces which I though was causing this. After reading this I'm thinking its the actual adjustable shocks themselves. Damn if this is true Im going back to the stock shocks and coil springs :-(
Sponsored