Sponsored

Viking Shocks - The PP "Bounce" is Gone!

SDAMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Sorry for the necro-bump. Did Viking fix the noise issue with these? Looking at options, thought these would be ok on dd but not after reading this thread. Curious if it’s still the same or was addressed.

Tatum337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I just bought a set a few months ago because of all the horror stories. My Vikings are the newest version and I have no complaints. They make no noise and work great. I did have the Steeda shock mounts installed at the same time. No issues here.

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Sorry for the necro-bump. Did Viking fix the noise issue with these? Looking at options, thought these would be ok on dd but not after reading this thread. Curious if it’s still the same or was addressed.
I changed the valving and even swapped the duro bushing at the advice of Viking and they still make the squish valve noise ( sounds like someone having sex in the trunk), maddening on a stock exhaust car. However they do their job...the Duro 70 bushing swap was HUGE for the rest....

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
I just bought a set a few months ago because of all the horror stories. My Vikings are the newest version and I have no complaints. They make no noise and work great. I did have the Steeda shock mounts installed at the same time. No issues here.
Crusaders or Warriors?

Sponsored

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Me to and they didnt rattle or make squish sounds? I even valved mine from AM to AK ( mode a cruise valving at Vikings suggestion) and it just has this suckling sound hard to describe but I would bet its literally the sound of the viscous fluid squirting thru the orifices.....
What's your compression and rebound settings ?

Tatum337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Me to and they didnt rattle or make squish sounds? I even valved mine from AM to AK ( mode a cruise valving at Vikings suggestion) and it just has this suckling sound hard to describe but I would bet its literally the sound of the viscous fluid squirting thru the orifices.....
What's your compression and rebound settings ?
6c/9r for drag set up, I just leave it there for daily driving too.

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
I am sad to see this is still an issue. This along with axles was going to be my next mod.

Sponsored

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
I am sad to see this is still an issue. This along with axles was going to be my next mod.
Man I have the same base viking Crusaders on all 4 corners of my Camaro I've had zero issues with them.....and these work great BUT I did everything Viking said to do ( someone I've worked with for years) I swapped myself to a duro 70 bushing and swapped to AK valving....the 70 duro seems to be a perfect compromise for my car ( bout 700 wheel) and stock exhaust....really cut the noise down....the BMR mounts seemed to take shaft out of bind stopping the rattle BUT the squishing noises are obscene....literally sounds like something obscene is going on..
I need a setup for street and strip with tires of vasty different compounds I'm still amazed there is only one brank of double adjustable shock for my 19...I absolutely want compression adjustments...I can hit more tire harder....I also want double adjustable up front but I'm scared to death to buy them from there....probably go with steeda 14 inch coil overs in their rebound adjustable soon for front...
I dont understand how some get the same shock with no noise and Viking themselves wouldnt even look at mine for noise and recommended I didnt even try the fronts.

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Have you tried going much firmer or softer on the compression or rebound settings to see how it affects the "obscene" noises?

I ordered a set of B3010APs and was told I might hear noises like that. Would be some pretty funny feedback for Viking if making the shock firmer cut down on the squishy noises out back, haha. I was also told to turn the rebound all the way down for street driving or trailering. My application is for autocross.

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Got mine installed and finally got a chance to get some autocross runs in. The site was a small lot with worn out asphalt and pretty bumpy. So a good test to see what potential issues there could be with a lot of rebound.

OMG, what an improvement from what I had been using for rear shocks. No idea how they compare to big $$ double or triple remote reservoir mono tubes but damn, could not believe how much pace I could carry to the apex and how well it put the power down.

I worked my way up to 10 on rebound and 7 compression. I think with more rebound I might have had troubles with jacking down in one particular bumpy section but it was nice to feel so much rotation in slow turns. Looking forward to getting on a big course and seriously considering ordering the front struts as well.

I set TTOD and TOPAX with this local club that day :like:

full?lightbox=1&last_edit_date=1566911127.jpg

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Got mine installed and finally got a chance to get some autocross runs in. The site was a small lot with worn out asphalt and pretty bumpy. So a good test to see what potential issues there could be with a lot of rebound.

OMG, what an improvement from what I had been using for rear shocks. No idea how they compare to big $$ double or triple remote reservoir mono tubes but damn, could not believe how much pace I could carry to the apex and how well it put the power down.

I worked my way up to 10 on rebound and 7 compression. I think with more rebound I might have had troubles with jacking down in one particular bumpy section but it was nice to feel so much rotation in slow turns. Looking forward to getting on a big course and seriously considering ordering the front struts as well.

I set TTOD and TOPAX with this local club that day :like:

full?lightbox=1&last_edit_date=1566911127.jpg
Wow, very nice. What springs on your car again? Are these the Crusader or Warrior?

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Wow, very nice. What springs on your car again? Are these the Crusader or Warrior?
I'm on Steeda DR and these are the Crusaders with AP valving. The dyno charts show some massive amounts of rebound possible with the AP valving if they are turned up. I was around halfway up.

I wouldn't drive the car on the street at 10 rebound with AP valving. They actually recommend it turned all the way to 0 for street or trailer. 2 felt better to me though on the street.
Sponsored