Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Benjamin
Vehicle(s)
15 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has had experience with putting Viking shocks on a car with Airlift Performance suspension on it.

I have a 2015 GT Premium with:
Steeda Billet shock mounts
Airlift Performance Rear Shocks

I am currently running into issues with the Steeda mount actually mounting lower on the body of the vehicle than the stock mounts; thus making the shock "shorter" meaning there is not as much shock travel at ride height.

Bump stops have been removed.
I have heard of guys running Viking shocks because the dampening adjuster is on the body of the shock and not the shaft like Airlifts design.
Sponsored

SiMuL

.wise selectah.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT CO PP
I'm curious why you're asking. Are you noticing issues because of the shortened range?

In answer to your question, I asked Air Lift about a month ago if they saw any issues running whatever shock I wanted in the back and they said that it's fine, you could run anything you want.

I also got them to admit that they're using BR Racing coilovers with their kit. Which is a good shock, however, I'm not really happy with the way the rear end feels. I get this weird double bounce on larger bumps (at higher speeds). Adjusting the dampening helps a little, but it's still annoying.

OP
OP
2015DIBGT

2015DIBGT

Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Benjamin
Vehicle(s)
15 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
I'm curious why you're asking. Are you noticing issues because of the shortened range?

In answer to your question, I asked Air Lift about a month ago if they saw any issues running whatever shock I wanted in the back and they said that it's fine, you could run anything you want.

I also got them to admit that they're using BR Racing coilovers with their kit. Which is a good shock, however, I'm not really happy with the way the rear end feels. I get this weird double bounce on larger bumps (at higher speeds). Adjusting the dampening helps a little, but it's still annoying.
I am asking because due to the shortened range using the Steeda mounts and riding fairly low. I have the bump stop removed as well and my car is "aired out" at around 40psi in the rear; this is with he shock threaded as short as possible.

I spoke with BC Racing and they confirmed that Airlift uses their stuff as a basis for all of the kits. Since posting this I got responses form Viking and they have no interest in investigating the issues regarding a bagged car. BC also told me that they can offer a rear shock design where the dampening adjuster is part of the center of the shaft like the fronts. I thought about grabbing a set to see what the results would be but I haven't had time to talk with them any further. I should have time this week to purchase them.

I am unable to adjust the dampening much more as the fronts are fairly stiff and and the rear are pretty rock hard to avoid them compressing 100%; that feel is like riding on a lumber wagon. Shock body hitting the bottom of the shock mount is what I am trying to avoid; have the dampening adjuster where it is currently located on the Airlift rear shocks removes about an inch and a half of suspension travel. This other style that BC offered me as an option should be enough to ride low, have better adjustment, and air out further than I currently can.

vishenneel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neel
Vehicle(s)
18 mustang gt
I run Universal air suspension struts and bags and have the same issue. I have very less shock travel and dont know how should i adjust my struts. And even when im aired out im not low enough. I look like im on coilovers.
Sponsored