Viking Crusader Shocks do work!

tevaburns

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tiberius
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
I got my Viking Crusaders through Kelly @ BMR Wednesday got em installed and I must say they made an awesome difference in my 60ft
Hey Triple Wile E, have you experienced any weird noises from the Viking shocks? As some have reported squeaks and clunks. Just curious if you are still loving them.

Thanks

OP
OP

Triple Wile E

Paxton'd Wile E
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 TYPP Mustang GT
I haven't experienced any of these issues that ppl are saying they have but I'm still on stock springs I plan to lower the car here in a few weeks so I get back to you then if it changes. I'm going with the bmr drag springs.

snotrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Premium, hellion 6266 tt, 18'intake, boundary billet opg& cs id1050x, jms bap, msd 2-step, m/t et street r bias 28-11.5x17, steers tri-ax shifter, gforce II boost control,
Ask and you may just receive.....

I may be offering an electronically adjustable / tunable damper system for this platform in the future. Basically, it does the work for you if you want it to....and you can have "tunes" for it, from someone like....me.

Cost.....cost would be extreme though.
Did this ever come to fruition? That sounds like a great idea...nobody steal your idea yet?

Sponsored

onlyturbo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6spd, 2016 Audi S4 (Sold)., 2009 Subaru STI (Sold), 2003 SAAB Aero (Sold)
What are good initial settings for the Crusaders for street and also for strip?
yes, I would like to know the same. I heard on the street they need to be set to 0 and 0, otherwise they can eventually seize, is this true?

yellowstangatl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Orange Fury GT
Not 0/0 on the street but I turned down to like 3c 3r to avoid breaking stuff on rough roads. Around 6c 9r worked ok on the track, but tweak as needed,

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
Depends on the spring rates chosen. With 300 front, 1200 rear springs these are the settings I've found to be best (Crusader front coilovers and rear shocks), though my valving isn't advertised.

Street:
3C, 0R front
7C, 0R rear

For pure softest ride, run 3C, 0R all around, but it won't be as balanced or fun.

Track/Autocross:
3C, 6R front
7C, 8R rear

Last edited:

onlyturbo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6spd, 2016 Audi S4 (Sold)., 2009 Subaru STI (Sold), 2003 SAAB Aero (Sold)
Ok guys thank you!

I am just confused about this, I heard from two sources that if you drive the Viking rear shocks anything but 0,0 on the street, they will eventually bind.

BTW, I have the BMR drag springs.
Thanks!

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
Ok guys thank you!

I am just confused about this, I heard from two sources that if you drive the Viking rear shocks anything but 0,0 on the street, they will eventually bind.

BTW, I have the BMR drag springs.
Thanks!
That doesn't make any sense and I'd be skeptical of that. They recommend low settings on the street so that the forces the shocks can generate aren't too high for the mounting points.

Sponsored

onlyturbo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rony
Vehicle(s)
This makes more sense I agree, strange...

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
I run mine on the street 3c 5r and it seems great
Sponsored