Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Definitely going with these shocks. You know what would be awesome though? To have the shocks with a remote adjustment that you can switch in the car. Hit the track, turn on drag mode, leaving track, hit street mode. One can wish.... :lol:
Ask and you may just receive.....

I may be offering an electronically adjustable / tunable damper system for this platform in the future. Basically, it does the work for you if you want it to....and you can have "tunes" for it, from someone like....me.

Cost.....cost would be extreme though.
Sponsored

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
I like em so far can't wait til strange comes out with the front struts for these cars I need to see where they at on em.

It really did these shocks don't have bump stops like the factory shock and it really helped with weight transfer. The rest of the irs is stock can't wait to add bushings and springs next.
So you didn't reinstall the bump stops ? I just installed a set of Vikings but I put the factory bump stops back on ... Should I have not done that ? Paper work with the shocks said to use them to keep from doing damage to the shocks ..

Any more up dates from the track ?

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Awesome! Cool to see the car can handle those kind of RPM, with just some 19" tires.

Watching the second vid a few times...I suggest going up 1 click on C to 13, and go up two clicks on R to 9.......give it a whirl. I'd like to see some of that "bounce" go away.

Keep up the great work!
Can you tell me why the settings you are using so far off what the paper work calls for ...Paper work calls for 0-4 compression and 6-10 rebound on a car making less than 600 hp .. You are calling for 13 compression and 9 rebound ? .. Seems to be total different or back word from the paper work that came with the shocks ? Maybe I'm missing something because this is a IRS car and not solid axle ?

Thanks ....

Mikeg4572

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GTPP
What tire are you using? Nice launches!

OP
OP

Triple Wile E

Paxton'd Wile E
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 TYPP Mustang GT
So you didn't reinstall the bump stops ? I just installed a set of Vikings but I put the factory bump stops back on ... Should I have not done that ? Paper work with the shocks said to use them to keep from doing damage to the shocks ..

Any more up dates from the track ?
No I didn't install the bump stops they was not needed in the installation Viking is suppose to be revising the shock to keep from breaking the shock mount as I broke mine but I found the issue of what happened to mine.

Can you tell me why the settings you are using so far off what the paper work calls for ...Paper work calls for 0-4 compression and 6-10 rebound on a car making less than 600 hp .. You are calling for 13 compression and 9 rebound ? .. Seems to be total different or back word from the paper work that came with the shocks ? Maybe I'm missing something because this is a IRS car and not solid axle ?

Thanks ....
You can take the settings in the paper work and throw them away the IRS is different than a solid axle car it will definitely hold more rpm than a stick axle car. I went with a baseline that kelly set me up with and just fine tuned from there.
What tire are you using? Nice launches!
Nitto NT05R I'll be swapping soon because the Paxton isn't letting me get much traction anymore more videos to come soon.

Sponsored

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
I went to the track last night , Kelly was there also testing his car ... The track was so bad all we did is spin ... We both hooked better on the street ..

I removed my Vikings today because of the rattling and clunking .. I put the stock shocks back on and all the clunking and rattling stopped .. I have no clue what is causing this but I will not put them back on until there is some kind of fix for the clunking ...

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
1.47's so far, and 1.3's in the future coming!!!!!

can't wait for the new stall.

all these shops hacking up the rear for solid axles, when this irs really can work well

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
1.47's so far, and 1.3's in the future coming!!!!!

can't wait for the new stall.

all these shops hacking up the rear for solid axles, when this irs really can work well
Terry,

Are there known issues with the Vikings? Are they correcting the clunking issues?

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
i'll give chris a shout on Monday, like I said, I love the shocks, we have them on 2 cars, I just drove over an hour each way to and from the track last night, and I think they sound find

again, maybe stuff just doesn't bother me, but there was nothing I considered out of the ordinary, that's why when it was mentioned to me about some people complaining, I was surprised. I've probably put 40-50 sets out for customers and a couple cars of our own, and outside of this forum, not really seeing people complaining.

but i'll talk to chris monday

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
The Clunk and Squeak are getting remedied for those having issues. I talked to Andy last week and we'll be sending ours in for them to take a look at. We have them on our 15's and other than a minor squeak, we dont have any issues.

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
The Clunk and Squeak are getting remedied for those having issues. I talked to Andy last week and we'll be sending ours in for them to take a look at. We have them on our 15's and other than a minor squeak, we dont have any issues.

Waiting patiently for the revision. I ended up sending mine back over a month ago due to the rattling. Never had squeaking, just a rattling sound. I miss the ride they gave me, so nice. Praying the revision does the trick.

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Mine only rattle at slow speeds on small bumps ... You can hear it but you can't feel it .. If you have loud exhaust I'd bet money you will not hear it at all .. Betting money Beef and the others can't hear it because they most likely don't own a stock Mustang with stock exhaust .. Like I said before the shocks work great , it's just the rattle that bugs me ... 35k car with 500.00+ dollars shocks should not sound like a 40 year old rattle trap ..

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
i'll give chris a shout on Monday, like I said, I love the shocks, we have them on 2 cars, I just drove over an hour each way to and from the track last night, and I think they sound find

again, maybe stuff just doesn't bother me, but there was nothing I considered out of the ordinary, that's why when it was mentioned to me about some people complaining, I was surprised. I've probably put 40-50 sets out for customers and a couple cars of our own, and outside of this forum, not really seeing people complaining.

but i'll talk to chris monday

Thanks for the replies guys. I plan on going with a set of Vikings on mine, and was curious if the bug were worked out, if any.

Jewishthunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Magnetic GTPP
Any update on the low speed rattling and thuds? It's definitely most pronounced in parking lots or slow speeds, but it's there under 30mph almost all the time.

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Any update on the low speed rattling and thuds? It's definitely most pronounced in parking lots or slow speeds, but it's there under 30mph almost all the time.
Yes , what he said ^^^^^
Sponsored