Sponsored

Do you experience vibration and rumbling between 50 and 70 mph?

• Total voters

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
^^^ It looks like the yellow dots are lined up, which I assume is correct. Dang, I wish Ford would have painted this stuff ... so much rust!
Sponsored

Triple Black

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Triple Black, Premium, GT Performance
It looks like the dots are off by one bolt! Then it looks like they put a weight on it.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Just picked up my car from the dealer. The problem, at this time, appears to be resolved. Unfortunatley, the technician was not available so I could not get the answer as why changing the ring and pinion solved the viibration. I still have a hard time wrapping my arms around this as to how the R&P could only be an issue at the 50 to 70 mph speed.

Only time will tell if the issue has been eliminated.
Great, flyboy34! Thanks for the update.

Deysha
Curious as to how many it would take for a tsb? I mean there was a tsb for extra wind noise but nothing for this vibration yet
I’m not with engineering, so I’m not sure how many vehicles are needed for a TSB to be issued, BV600.

Deysha

FordServiceCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Having said that... today, my dealer update was "doesn't seem to be ring and pinion".
Hey billq,

Thanks for posting about the issue you're experiencing, along with the updates from your dealer. I'm more than happy to look into this and see how I can help get your 'Stang back on the road. To do so, all I'll need is for you to PM your name, VIN, current odometer reading, dealer, and best daytime phone number. Talk to you soon! :)

Nick

OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
Ford sent out their FSE to look at my car last week. This is the fifth visit for driveline vibration issues.

I am happy to report that he found the problem.

The problem is that we are all delusional crybabies.

I feel so much better now to FINALLY have closure on this dilemma! :clap2:

:ford::ford::ford:

Sponsored

billq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 V6 Auto 051 Package
Well, my baby has been at the dealer for a week now. Ford tech is involved & my update is pretty simple... another driveshaft put on- no change... more measurements taken... back to square one.
Now apparently there's another stang in the shop with same problem.
At this rate, I should have some kind of resolution within a month, say july 31 :)

Old Ford Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang 051A 3.7, 13 Edge 3.5, 13 F-150 5.0,
billq....This gets crazier as we go along! Your 051 is a ringer to mine.
Mine still working fine since replaced OEM DS with DSS DS.

Blacklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
After 22 days at the dealer, the car is back and problem is fixed. In the end, Ford replaced the whole rear differential assembly. Initially, the drive shaft was replaced, as well as the rear axles. This latest fix seems to have solved the issue.

Last edited:

billq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 V6 Auto 051 Package
billq....This gets crazier as we go along! Your 051 is a ringer to mine.
Mine still working fine since replaced OEM DS with DSS DS.
After the first DS replacement, I asked why they couldn't just outsource to see if DS was balanced. I even offered to pay out of pocket. Service advisor said no go, new Ford replacements only, due to warranty issues. OK, sure, whatever... new DS, same problem.

billq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 V6 Auto 051 Package
After 22 days at the dealer, the car is back and problem is fixed. In the end, Ford replaced the whole rear differential assembly. Initially, the drive shaft was replaced, as well as the rear axles. This latest fix seems to have solved the issue.
Wow, 22 days & replace the diff. But congrats... at least your problem is gone. I wonder what my solution will turn out to be. Sigh.

Sponsored

Old Ford Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang 051A 3.7, 13 Edge 3.5, 13 F-150 5.0,
Blacklaw....Good for You! But here we go again...WHY did they replace the whole differential....the "whole diff" could not have been bad! Ford needs to make it clear to all exactly what is causing these vibration issues!! This is a bunch of nonsense....where are the engineers on this???!!!

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Does anyone else suffer from the "High-Frequency" vibration (20-70 speed) coming from the pedals, shifter (AT) and steering wheel?

PS: I've been gone for a while due to the car accident, but I finally got it back this week in great shape. I still have the vibration and I can confirm that mine is not related to balancing or alignment issues. I'm going to guess that it's either the engine, drive-shaft or differentiator. None of these parts were affected by the accident, but I'm not sure if Ford will still help me out with this (warranty).
I went to your website and wondered if you got the turbo fixed. That grinding noise when you shut the car off was the turbo winding down and the bearings sounded shot to me. If it's still that way, then it's possible the vibration you are feeling is from the turbo bearings causing vibration through the engine and mounts.

billq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 V6 Auto 051 Package
Here's a giggle for today.
Sent an email to Ford Canada through their website jun 11, saying how frustrated I was with my vibration & what I could do about it... got this reply back today, 3 weeks later. I was so happy to finally get recognition of my concern that I didn't know what to do!

"My name is ----, with the Customer Relations Center of Ford of Canada. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your frustration.
We thank you for taking the time to let us know about your frustration with your purchase. We pride ourselves on becoming the world's leading consumer company for automotive products and the satisfaction of our customers is one of our highest priorities.
Your feedback is highly valued by all divisions within Ford of Canada and serves to provide us with insight into areas where we may need improvement. When customers like yourself send us constructive comments, you help reinforce our efforts to build the finest automotive products in the industry.
We appreciate your concerns and have documented your comments."
I could have been frustrated with the back seat & still gotten the same reply. I mean, why even bother to have 'customer feedback' on their site. :)

Last edited:

Blacklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I've had the Turbo issue since early Nov 2014 and the vibration began in mid December 2014. I'm not sure if the Turbo's causing it to be honest, but it sort of makes sense.

I should've been more specific: The vibration can be felt throughout the whole car. It's most noticeable on the pedals, steering wheel, shifter and parking-brake. It gets worse when I accelerate slowly while m moving at 45-50MPH @ 1.5k RPM on 6th (it's an Automatic BTW).

PS: I just drove for 30 min right now and I feel a light "vibrating" on both feet. :lol: It's kinda hard to explain how annoying it is. If you read my blog, none of the 3 dealers want to really fix anything really. Heck, even the CRM that was assigned to me back then tried to stop the 3rd dealer from attempting to fix the vibration issue. I'm going to try to see if I can get another CRM (a non-incompetent one) and get this whole issue fixed. I don't care about the visual imperfections anymore to be honest since it's a losing battle and a waste of my time.
What you should do is file an arbitration demand with the BBB autoline. Detail everything and you will get some very fast results.

Blacklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I would just file the complaint through the online site then complete the email document request from the BBB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored