Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
What type of sealant did you use ?
Permeatex Thread Sealant High Temperature 59214

Just had some laying around. Would have put some thread sealant tape on it but I was worried that the extra force would damage the threads as they are just plastic threads on the piping itself.

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Your trims are good now?
No trims on the Lund tune are good but they have always been good. I have been using the Lund tunes whenever I need to drive the car. They are for my old JLT intake but the maf diameters are close enough to where it works.

What I was saying is that I didnā€™t see any change in fuel trims on the Lund tune so I know there likely wasnā€™t any leak throwing my tuner off.

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
Permeatex Thread Sealant High Temperature 59214

Just had some laying around. Would have put some thread sealant tape on it but I was worried that the extra force would damage the threads as they are just plastic threads on the piping itself.
Don't use anaerobic thread sealer/locker on plastic components. That type of sealer/thread locker will destroy plastic in a matter of days.

Permatexļƒ’ High Temperature Thread Sealant is a medium
strength anaerobic sealant with PTFE for tapered pipe threads.
This sealing compound is of a white, creamy paste
consistency. The high lubricating properties of this compound
prevents galling on pipe threads and fittings. It will provide
immediate low pressure sealing and allow for the readjustment
of fittings shortly after assembly. After 72 hours the joint is
sealed to pipe burst pressure. This product has a medium
solvent resistance and will withstand temperatures to 400ļ‚°F
(204ļ‚°C). This product is not recommended for use on
plastic piping.

Sponsored

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Don't use anaerobic thread sealer/locker on plastic components. That type of sealer/thread locker will destroy plastic in a matter of days.

This product is not recommended for use on
plastic piping.
Damn good catch. Is there any you know off the top of your head that would work? Like I said I would just use thread sealant tape but Iā€™m worried the force will just destroy the like 3 plastic threads

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
Damn good catch. Is there any you know off the top of your head that would work? Like I said I would just use thread sealant tape but Iā€™m worried the force will just destroy the like 3 plastic threads
Yes, there are specific plastic thread lockers by the major brands.
Search around.
Locktite 425 is designed for metal to plastic.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
No trims on the Lund tune are good but they have always been good.
Lunds tune has good trims but none of the other tuners have good trims?
Same CAI and injectors?
Am I understanding this correctly?

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Same CAI and injectors?
I had to go back to the start and figure this out too. Looks like his motor was rebuilt by himself and now on the same Lund tune it was on before it is slower, Lund says tuning wise all looks good, OP doesnt believe there are mechanical issues with car and Lund isnt giving him proper customer service so is finding a new tuner to make it as fast as it used to be before the motor went.

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I had to go back to the start and figure this out too. Looks like his motor was rebuilt by himself and now on the same Lund tune it was on before it is slower, Lund says tuning wise all looks good, OP doesnt believe there are mechanical issues with car and Lund isnt giving him proper customer service so is finding a new tuner to make it as fast as it used to be before the motor went.
Only correction is I think there is something mechanically wrong with the car but Iā€™m hoping a competent tuner may be able to help me figure it out or narrow down the possibilities.

Lund sent me the same tune just rebuilt and car would run 1-2 seconds slower 60-130 and they just said idk itā€™s your issue. When I pull up the datalogs itā€™s clear the cam timings are completely different. Just gives me no faith in them to take me seriously or put in more than 2 seconds of effort.

Sponsored
OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Same CAI and injectors?
Lund was made for JLT but works fine for my new PMAS. Donā€™t like Lund so wanted to get a new tuner and new cai was a good excuse. Got the new cai and new tuner. New tuner couldnā€™t tune the car. I tried the old Lund tunes and fuel trims are basically spot on so Iā€™ve been running those until I get a new tune that runs right

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Only correction is I think there is something mechanically wrong with the car but Iā€™m hoping a competent tuner may be able to help me figure it out or narrow down the possibilities.

Lund sent me the same tune just rebuilt and car would run 1-2 seconds slower 60-130 and they just said idk itā€™s your issue. When I pull up the datalogs itā€™s clear the cam timings are completely different. Just gives me no faith in them to take me seriously or put in more than 2 seconds of effort.
Not trying to be a dick here so bear with me. But where did you learn how to read cam phasing and timing? How do you know the data you are looking at is wrong or incorrect in some way? These cars have Twin Independent cam phasing that allows them to make changes in real time with varying and multiple inputs im not sure that you would be able to read a log and say something was off like that.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Lund was made for JLT but works fine for my new PMAS.
I'm going to look at the MAF period numbers and see if they fit that intake. Hopefully today.

I'm assuming the fuel trims are what is out on the non-Lund tunes? Correct?

I only glanced at your logs but the cam timing looked good for your comp cams from Lund. They were stock from the other tuner you sent logs for.

I haven't looked at all the logs you sent so I may not see the discrepancy from Lund yet.

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
I'm going to look at the MAF period numbers and see if they fit that intake. Hopefully today.
I don't see how it's possible PMAS and JLT share the same transfer functions.
There's more to it than the 120MM MAF diameter.

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Not trying to be a dick here so bear with me. But where did you learn how to read cam phasing and timing? How do you know the data you are looking at is wrong or incorrect in some way? These cars have Twin Independent cam phasing that allows them to make changes in real time with varying and multiple inputs im not sure that you would be able to read a log and say something was off like that.
No itā€™s a good question. When going wot the cams shaft phasers (should) do the same thing consistently based on rpm. So I can look at the graphs of how much each phaser is adding or retarding during the pull. Itā€™s normal for them to fluctuate a small bit but itā€™s pretty noticeable when they are doing completely different things. So I can look at a log of one tune and a log of another tune and see if the cam phasers are set to do the same thing or different. I donā€™t remember how different they were but it was a pretty noticeable amount that should have stood out if they were comparing logs.
Sponsored