Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
I sure hope it's not that bad yet.

Figuring the OP is winterizing the car. Why does he not change the oil, put a note on the steering wheel one word filter.
Yes, getting it ready to put it to sleep for the winter.
Good idea, I’ll do that if worse comes to worse. i would have to change the oil again in the spring just to replace the filter If I go that route. That’s a going to be a waste of good oil.

My local dealer wanted to charge me $42 :giggle:
I stopped by one of the local dealerships this afternoon to see if they had any.

They did not, parts guy ordered me two, they should arrive in a week or two according to him. They were $42 each !!

if anyone finds any stock anywhere please post it on here.

this COVID none sense is ridiculous!!
Sponsored

alan0614

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford/Blue

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, getting it ready to put it to sleep for the winter.
Good idea, I’ll do that if worse comes to worse. i would have to change the oil again in the spring just to replace the filter If I go that route. That’s a going to be a waste of good oil.
Begs the question why would you think that ?

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This is something note worthy, Summit . It is out of stock but check the price.
Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 9.39.33 PM.png

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
This is something note worthy, Summit . It is out of stock but check the price.
Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 9.39.33 PM.png
And you’ll get a notice….”we are getting ready to ship your filter but there has been a price adjustment, updated price is $42.23. Would you like to continue?”
They charge $11.99 shipping unless you spend $100.

Last edited:

Sponsored

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Another option to consider: Engine Oil Filter Cover - KR3Z-6A832-A.
When some found that their filter had been installed improperly and damaged the housing, many of us ordered this part to have a spare housing on hand. Happens to come with a filter:
E7FC1FA7-B462-476C-ADCE-90E5C221078C.jpeg

Good to have a spare housing.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
And you’ll get a notice….”we are getting ready to ship your filter but there has been a price adjustment, updated price is $42.23. Would you like to continue?”
They charge $11.99 shipping unless you spend $100.

Ok, so get 3 problem solved. I buy my filters for the GT 5 @ a time, it's a consumable, like the oil.

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Hearing all this about the lack of oil filters, got me concerned. Next month my car is due for it's inspection, and an oil change, before I put it away for the winter. So I went to the dealer that services the car, and had the service manager check if they have the filters in stock. He checked, and they do. So I should be good for next month.
You may say that in a month, it may be out. But the dealership is a Mazda dealer, that also services Fords. And is one of the service centers that the dealer I purchased the car from, uses for these cars. And I can't say I've ever seen another GT350 there for service, so I'm hopeful they'll still have in stock when I go.

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Hearing all this about the lack of oil filters, got me concerned. Next month my car is due for it's inspection, and an oil change, before I put it away for the winter. So I went to the dealer that services the car, and had the service manager check if they have the filters in stock. He checked, and they do. So I should be good for next month.
You may say that in a month, it may be out. But the dealership is a Mazda dealer, that also services Fords. And is one of the service centers that the dealer I purchased the car from, uses for these cars. And I can't say I've ever seen another GT350 there for service, so I'm hopeful they'll still have in stock when I go.
There is certainly a shortage of the oil filters, but the larger context is the lack of the oil filters at a reasonable price. I'm sure your dealership can hook you up with a filter, but they will probably charge you a pretty penny for it.

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
There is certainly a shortage of the oil filters, but the larger context is the lack of the oil filters at a reasonable price. I'm sure your dealership can hook you up with a filter, but they will probably charge you a pretty penny for it.
My car came with 4 free maintenance visits. So for another year, it doesn't matter how much oil and filters are.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Alain

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
Begs the question why would you think that ?
I know most of the oil will be in the oil pan. There is still going to be a considerable amount in the motor itself.
Especially since I will have to start the car in the spring in order to get it into position to change the filter. Its doable to just replace the filter next spring and top off the oil. I REALLY want to avoid doing it that way.

OP
OP
Alain

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
Another option to consider: Engine Oil Filter Cover - KR3Z-6A832-A.
When some found that their filter had been installed improperly and damaged the housing, many of us ordered this part to have a spare housing on hand. Happens to come with a filter:
E7FC1FA7-B462-476C-ADCE-90E5C221078C.jpeg

Good to have a spare housing.
Interesting!!! thank you for sharing this. I would have never guessed the replacement canister would come with an actual filter.

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
My car came with 4 free maintenance visits. So for another year, it doesn't matter how much oil and filters are.
Ahhhhh okay. Makes sense. Its a good time to take advantage then. Mine came with three free oil changes I think. But since I don't trust dealerships I asked them if they could give me the oil and filters instead and they said no :frown:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Ahhhhh okay. Makes sense. Its a good time to take advantage then. Mine came with three free oil changes I think. But since I don't trust dealerships I asked them if they could give me the oil and filters instead and they said no :frown:
Go ahead and let them. Just ask to see the oil containers and filter box. Get it home and verify the torque on the filter canister and you are good to go.

Where dealers usually F up is where they dont add enough oil, or its the wrong kind, and they don't torque to spec.

Verify it all and it doesn't matter who does it.