Sponsored

Need oil and oil filter

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
How are you DIY oil change dudes getting your car up in the air? Jack/Stands, ramps or what? I've been eyeing some race ramps. Will those get it high enough to do the oil change? If so, please provide a link to the model that is compatible with the GT350.

Gracias.
I installed the Steeda jack rails to my GT350, it makes getting the car up to serviceable height a breeze. The rails allow the car to be raised side-to-side rather than front to back. 3 quick steps and the car is 22" off the floor.
I think this is quicker and more effective than ramps.
Sponsored

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
Thanks for the feedback on lift ideas.

For anyone looking for oil, Napa has Mobil 1 full synthetic 5w-50 on sale for $6 quart.

I cleaned out the Encinitas, CA store last night.

Only problem is it's not WSS-M2C931-B certified as far as I can tell.

So the question is, does using an oil that does not have the WSS-M2C931-B certification on the label cause warranty issues potentially?

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Long time Castrol fan, but just read the following on Amazon WRT GT500 (no mention of 350, but imagine same applies)--

"Their older formula met the Ford requirement. I contacted Castrol about EDGE and their response is as follows, so you decide;

"Castrol EDGE with Syntec Power Technology (SPT) SAE 5W-50 has been recently reformulated to have a boosted level of ZDDP (1300 ppm) to help protect flat tappet cam engines in classic cars. This engine oil is a full synthetic, has excellent cold temperature properties, and has a high temperature viscosity (SAE 50) that is suitable for use in many classic car applications.

Regrettably, Castrol EDGE (formerly SYNTEC) 5W-50 would not be a suitable oil for your vehicle.

Only Ford is able to identify the equivalent performance aspect and/or make a recommendation for an appropriate alternate product if available."

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I see on Amazon there are the one and two piece 56" race ramps. Do the two piece offer any advantage? I assume that the GT350 fascia/splitter will clear the ramps as you drive up on to them?

Thanks for the info.
I got the 1 piece ramps since I couldn't see the need for a 2 piece. But yeah the car drives right up no problem. The ramps stay put on their own, and Has chalks built in to tell you when to stop. Just throw something behind your rear tires and your done. Front splitter clears just barely, but these are designed for low clearance cars

Rainier42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Performance Blue GT350R

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Which Quickjack model did you purchase and how much clearance underneath?
Rainier42, I purchased the BL-500sxl. Worth every penny. I get exactly 18" of ground clearance from the ground to the frame. There is plenty of room to move freely on a creeper and do exhaust work. I researched this product thoroughly and I am pleased with the results. I assembled the kit per the instructions and have zero seeps. I purchased the kit from garageautoequipment.com. The hold the product for QA before shipping to assure the correct entirety of the kit. They even pre assembled some components. Keep in mind that the kit is marketed as portable and it is. UT the larger you go in capacity so does the kit weight. My package was more than 250lbs. Each quick jack is about 100 lbs. So if lifting or moving heavy things is not your cup off tea, stick to the standard method.

macroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pkg.
I installed the Steeda jack rails to my GT350, it makes getting the car up to serviceable height a breeze. The rails allow the car to be raised side-to-side rather than front to back. 3 quick steps and the car is 22" off the floor.
I think this is quicker and more effective than ramps.
Take it the rails for the S550 is the one for GT350 as well? Do you still put something in between the stand and rail to keep the rail from scratching up? or is that not an issue?
Sponsored