Sponsored

Tramlining is gone

Battlerob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I have a 2016 tech pack GT350 and while i love the car, the amount of tramlining was so annoying. I search it up when i first bought the car and learned there was an issue with these cars. I just changed the tires this weekend to continental extreme sport and the tramlining is completely gone! I couldnt believe what a difference the tires made. Car went from trying to follow every single crack/line on the road to nothing. Iā€™m so surprised how easy it was to get rid of this tramlining issue.

Before I changed the tires, I went to a Ford dealership to get an oil change and they told me i needed a wheel alignment. Now iā€™m aftaid of getting a wheel alignment, I dont want that tramlining issue to come up again.
Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
I have a 2016 tech pack GT350 and while i love the car, the amount of tramlining was so annoying. I search it up when i first bought the car and learned there was an issue with these cars. I just changed the tires this weekend to continental extreme sport and the tramlining is completely gone! I couldnt believe what a difference the tires made. Car went from trying to follow every single crack/line on the road to nothing. Iā€™m so surprised how easy it was to get rid of this tramlining issue.

Before I changed the tires, I went to a Ford dealership to get an oil change and they told me i needed a wheel alignment. Now iā€™m aftaid of getting a wheel alignment, I dont want that tramlining issue to come up again.
The Only way to know, without putting the car on a alignment rack, if you need an alignment, is if one or more tires have an abnormal wear pattern
Did you notice any ?

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Tramlining is normal with the Pilot SC2's. Almost any other tire put on, will alleviate that problem. But, you didn't state what tires were on the car before you changed them.
While the tramlining is pronounced with the SC2's, especially when cold, they get much better when fully warmed.
Though, when my SC2's need replacing, I will go with something else like the Super Sports. Not because of the tramlining with the SC2's, but only because of the longer tread life with the Super Sports.
But I will certainly miss the traction I get with the SC2's. They grip like glue to the street, when fully warm.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Just correct and drive on, what's the big deal ?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Battlerob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Just correct and drive on, what's the big deal ?
You must have good roads where you live.
Unfortunately the roads near me are pretty bad. For those familiar with the 210 around the Sylmar area, there is a lot of construction there. I almost crashed on one of my drives to work because of how bad the car pulled me, half way into the other lane. And yes, I was holding on steering wheel with both hands, firmly at the time because i always do around that area due to the tramlining on this car.

NDALLAS40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Did you get the same size tire or change it up?

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Tramlining, Iā€™m 100% convinced, is a tire thing, not an alignment issue. Exact same story here; replaced horrible, stock super sports on mine with Conti SportContact and 100% gone.

Son needed tires on his S197 car, the fit was perfect, so we put my take offs on his car. Now that thing is all over the place WITH a perfectly dialed in suspension.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I always thought the tramlining in my 2016 GT350 was charming. It made the car feel a little more "racy". But I have to admit it did scare me a few times before I got used to it. I'm sure if a person didn't daily drive the car they might never grow accustomed to that quirk.

I've noticed since I put some aftermarket light weight wheels on my Fiesta I have a little bit of tramlining on the Fiesta. I saved 4 lbs per wheel, which actually is very noticeable in that tiny car. But it doesn't have sticky tires on it.

I think tramlining can be from a combination of factors, and the GT350 is made to turn. It wants to turn.

Sponsored

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
Alignment fixed tramlining on my ā€˜17 with MPSS tires.

TommyBoyDIY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I have the same exact model, 2016 tech pack. Mine had fresh super sports put on before I bought, still original size all around. The super sports still tramline horribly just like the SC2's just so you are aware.

BadHabit2Break

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
My 2017 does it also. I always thought it was supposed to be that way. I will be doing the Steeda piece for it and then later changing tires when I need them,

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
I knew this was the way it is when I bought my ā€˜19 thanks to this forum. Iā€˜ve experienced some pretty good movement as well but never moving into the next lane, not even close. Try to explain that to the Highway Patrol when you crash into someone or kill a motorcyclist.
That said, Iā€™m not willing to give up the awesome grip when I replace my tires. Probably going with OE replacements. I now have over 8K on my original SC2ā€™s and will probably get over 10K.
Sponsored