Sponsored

Shelby is gone

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2018 GT350
Dropped the car off at the dealer to get the calipers painted and windows tinted. While they had it, it was crashed into pretty hard and suffered a lot of damage. Dealer was really good and tried to give me one of their 350s in stock but didn't like the color or options on them. Was going to get a raptor but it won't fit in my garage so I passed on that too. They ended up buying the car from me, so now I'm Shelby-less.

Not sure what I wanna do next. Thinking either a C6 Z06 or wait and see if I can get a 350R for MSRP when the 19s hit.
Sponsored

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
That's ridiculous. Mind posting the VIN so people don't get caught out when the dealer tries to fix and flip?

OP
OP

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2018 GT350
Another customer backed into it pretty hard in his truck

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
Dropped the car off at the dealer to get the calipers painted and windows tinted. While they had it, it was crashed into pretty hard and suffered a lot of damage. Dealer was really good and tried to give me one of their 350s in stock but didn't like the color or options on them. Was going to get a raptor but it won't fit in my garage so I passed on that too. They ended up buying the car from me, so now I'm Shelby-less.

Not sure what I wanna do next. Thinking either a C6 Z06 or wait and see if I can get a 350R for MSRP when the 19s hit.
Stay way from the C6 Z06 and it’s head problems. Pick up a beater and wait for the GT500 and then decide. Or get a 18 GT PP2 and mod it with FP parts.

Sponsored

OP
OP

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2018 GT350
Gt500 doesn't interest me and they will be out of my price range anyway

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Nothing wrong with the C6Z IF it’s had documented head work or you go in knowing about the heads and get them done yourself

OP
OP

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2018 GT350
I hate how they look and the interior but they seem to be ridiculously fast and low mileage used ones in the mid 30s. I will probably get another 350 though. Just liked that car too much

Sponsored
OP
OP

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2018 GT350
What about an R allocation? Sometimes under special circumstances, an R allocation could be had. Probably MSRP under the circumstances.
They said they would take care of me, gonna see what the 19s bring as far as colors. I'm skeptical as they had their last one at 30k ADM and offered it to me at 5k over

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Try to get a 2019 R at msrp from them... as "goodwill" they should at least consider, geesh. If not how about ask for a '19 non-R for below msrp?

OP
OP

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2018 GT350
Try to get a 2019 R at msrp from them... as "goodwill" they should at least consider, geesh. If not how about ask for a '19 non-R for below msrp?
Once I decide what direction I want to go, vehicle wise, I will. Wanna look at other options too but I keep coming back to the 350. It's just an amazing vehicle

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
WTF, the customer must’ve been going at a pretty good clip to cause that much damage backing up...
Sorry to hear [MENTION=23502]mike.s[/MENTION], good luck finding another that suites what you want.

LF w PBR would’ve been my choice in the absence of AG. Got a pic to post here in memoriam?

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst

If it was wrecked while in their possession they should at least sell you an R at MSRP or below. I dont know the details but that is crazy that a car get wrecked while parked. Usually its someone taking the car for a joy ride. Now im more paranoid taking mine for warranty work.

WTF, the customer must’ve been going at a pretty good clip to cause that much damage backing up...
It was probably a lifted bro truck. If it was a PSD it probably had semi stacks and the truck nuts rubbing into the GT350 is what wrecked the car. :doh:
Sponsored