Sponsored

Track Attack Insurance

Rochviper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP Race Red
For the guys that have participated in the Track Attack events, did you purchase the Limited Liability coverage?
Sponsored

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
Nope... Not saying its not a good idea to get it. I just went about 80%. Even if you do get the insurance you're still on the hook for like 7k or something like that

JCDriller

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerad
Vehicle(s)
97 Cobra, 2001 Saleen, 2003 Cobra, 2020 GT500 CFTP
I did, I disagree with @Cgouzoulis, this could be your one chance to push these cars on a track and not worry about wear and tear on your vehicle. I got the insurance and pushed the car hard, several times I’d hear “green car, slow it down a bit” haha.

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
I did, I disagree with @Cgouzoulis, this could be your one chance to push these cars on a track and not worry about wear and tear on your vehicle. I got the insurance and pushed the car hard, several times I’d hear “green car, slow it down a bit” haha.
I mean, I heard that too pushing 80%.... They aren't letting anyone attempt 100%. And I'd honestly rather push my own car at 100% with a $1000 deductible that my insurance will replace than someone elses that you'd lose 7k and get no replacement personally

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
Absolutely buy it. I am glad I did. Nothing happened but it relaxed me knowing I had it.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I did only based upon previous GT350 track attacks where you were cut loose on the track and you could push the car as hard as you wanted. At CLT, its all follow the leader and that is a hard thing to screw up.

Knowing what I know now about the CLT track attack, I would not purchase the insurance, but it depends on your comfort level. Things do happen, but with the way it is set up in CLT, it would be something out of left field. They control your experience on the track pretty thoroughly.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
It really depends on your competency and level of comfort. I didn’t. That said if your doing the two day its not a bad idea for the second day where they turn you lose especially if you’ve never been on a track before. Last time I was there, a guy went from 4th to 1st on the back stretch and stuffed it in to the wall. He was ok. He didn’t have the insurance so was on the hook for the whole car. Was his birthday to. Bad day for sure. Suited up, strapped in, full helmet an hans device is very different from the street and difficult for some to get use to.

navbtcret

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT 500
I purchased it and was close to being happy the I did. The car behind me was not paying attention as we were coming to the turn coming off the banked corner at a high speed and almost rear ended me while I was braking for the turn, he must have forgot. Not sure who would've been liable but thankfully he did not make contact. Of course, our lead guy was very vocal toward him about this incident.

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
I didn't get it but almost regretted haven't. Almost lost in on the transition from the infield road coarse to the banked speedway, went full throttle too quick, got extremely loose. This was the only area that I noticed I really had to use extreme caution with the throttle.

Last edited:

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
$200 to limit your responsibility to $7500, or 0$ to possibly be on the hook for $85,000? I figure with how much it costs to go between flights and hotels etc, its a no brainer. I understand it's a controlled environment, but anything can happen on track.

Sponsored

Dcgtconv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryl
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500KR, 2009 GT500KR, '69Mach1 SCJ, '68 Conv
$200 to limit your responsibility to $7500, or 0$ to possibly be on the hook for $85,000? I figure with how much it costs to go between flights and hotels etc, its a no brainer. I understand it's a controlled environment, but anything can happen on track.
100% agree, always ask “what if”. A great day can turn into a real crappy one in hurry if you elect to save a couple hundred bucks and something does happen.

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I got it both for the 500 and 350 TA at Charlotte. Was glad I did, it rained one of the days

PUR_SPD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, RR, CFTP, TP; 2013 Boss 302, SBY; 2016 F150 Super Crew; 2010 Audi A6
You're the only one who has to feel comfortable with this.

I didn't do the insurance and am glad I didn't waste the money. We really weren't allowed to push the cars that hard. On the flip side if it was wet out the insurance would have been a nice safety net.

If you're new to road courses probably a good idea to get the insurance. If you've done a few events you'll find Charlotte is a pretty easy track and very little risk of getting into trouble.

I know several of us have mentioned that while a fun event we certainly didn't get to push the cars as hard as we'd like.

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Buy it. Even with $7k deductible. If you do not and smack up, you are on the hook for full cost to repair: your car. The other car you hit. All things damaged on the track. Environmental cleanup. Lawsuit if you hurt someone.

Dharri21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HE, 2022 GT500 CFTP HE, 2022 Lightning
Vehicle Showcase
Check with your private car insurance carrier. I have a policy from Haggerty's that covers my deductible, and I can add trackday coverage for just the day. I am sure there are tons of solutions out there. I went in 2020 to 350 TA and I purchased the insurance and I was glad I had some protection because the guy in front of me in the second session spun out and hit the wall coming out of turn 4 and before the chicane. The damage wasn't bad but it scared the crap out of me.
Sponsored