Tone down exhaust??

Bmac50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT pp1
Hello all. So this may be a pretty dumb question but I just installed catless LTH and while I love the sound it’s very true when they say once you remove the cats you can wake the dead! I paired it up with an x pipe and borla S-Type axle back. My question is if there would be any way to tone down the exhaust note? I did some research and it looks like the magnaflow tru-x resonated x pipe is a good option. Anyone running that x pipe Can say if it would help tone down the crazy boom and rasp that I now have even while driving conservatively. Any other tips would be appreciated!
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I know what you mean. I have catted LTHs, Steeda x-pipe and Steeda axle back. That axle back really increased the sound. I swear it sounds like I’m catless now.

Geosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Magnaflow Tru-x will definitely tame it down and take out some of the rasp. I think the Ford version of the Borla resonated X-pipe is a little less attenuating, which might be a good option too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bmac50

Bmac50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT pp1
Magnaflow Tru-x will definitely tame it down and take out some of the rasp. I think the Ford version of the Borla resonated X-pipe is a little less attenuating, which might be a good option too.
Definitely look into the Magnaflow tru-x and see if maybe that would be a good fit for you I think that’s what I might go with. Best of luck!

OP
OP
Bmac50

Bmac50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT pp1
Thanks for the tip I hadn’t heard of the borla resonated x pipe. I was getting conflicting info some saying the resonated x pipe would only change the tone of the sound not so much volume glad you cleared that up.

Sponsored

Geosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Thanks for the tip I hadn’t heard of the borla resonated x pipe. I was getting conflicting info some saying the resonated x pipe would only change the tone of the sound not so much volume glad you cleared that up.
The TruX DEFINITELY tones it down. It has a nice tone to it too but I’ve heard some say it’s to mellow.

This is the FP Borla option but you’d have to have a shop weld it up or make some adapters if you wanted it to bolt in.

https://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-pe...inaIOjmB7r4sSeTHHfdXCVg-WK-ri15RoCMqgQAvD_BwE

OP
OP
Bmac50

Bmac50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT pp1

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
The Choke-X is a horrible exhaust flow choke point.
Ford Performance Mid or Borla Mid, neither are of the X design.
FP = No packing material
Borla = Fiber packing
Both have decent sized straight through uninterrupted flow paths.

Last edited:

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Glad I have active exhaust. I have headers and the Borla Type S Catback. Quiet mode is all I need if I don't want to be obnoxious.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I just made the switch from a Roush X-pipe to a magnaflow tru-x. Probably isn’t helping my hp numbers like Greg said above but I can drive in track mode with out people three counties over hearing me. The sound is just like it was when I was on stock catted headers.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bmac50

Bmac50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT pp1
I just made the switch from a Roush X-pipe to a magnaflow tru-x. Probably isn’t helping my hp numbers like Greg said above but I can drive in track mode with out people three counties over hearing me. The sound is just like it was when I was on stock catted headers.
So let’s say LTH and x pipe is a 10/10 in loudness I would personally give the cat back about a 6/10-7/10 where would you put LTH, tru-x, and an axle back on that list?

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
So let’s say LTH and x pipe is a 10/10 in loudness I would personally give the cat back about a 6/10-7/10 where would you put LTH, tru-x, and an axle back on that list?
I’d have to go with a 4 or 5 unless I open it up full throttle and then maybe a 7. It is definitely a lot more tame then it was before.

OP
OP
Bmac50

Bmac50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT pp1
I’d have to go with a 4 or 5 unless I open it up full throttle and then maybe a 7. It is definitely a lot more tame then it was before.
Cool. Thanks for the input! :fistbump:

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
Look at my LTH install thread and I posted a video of my setup. Catted LTH into OE resonator into super 44's with 4" tips. My car sounds different than ANY coyote in my area.

The resonator will make it more palatable. Whether the ford racing, magna etc will allow you to have friends willing to be seen in the car with you LOL