17Ruby

17Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2013 4Runner, 2015 BMW 328i
I’m not looking for max HP , I would be happy with 600ish whp, just something fun / reliable to drive. The mustang is not a daily. I’m not worried about really cold weather living in Sacramento. Although it does get hot so would definitely like to keep the car on the cooler side. Here is a picture of the 2017 and the 2006.

156C5B89-65CF-4EDE-BE85-C922AED325C9.jpeg

1D0F0425-88C4-4333-83A9-B12DCF378D64.jpeg

F3E98876-A7DD-48E4-869B-2AEE03405F60.jpeg
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I've been going back and forth on all sorts of kits. For someone looking for a mild 600-700 whp range build for the street, I don't think you can really go wrong with Vortech, Paxton, or ProCharger. I wouldn't let the installs of either be the deciding factor. I personally am leaning towards to the Vortech JT trim since you can spin the blower at higher rpms and I like the 7600-7700 rpm shifts. My goal is to stick around 650-700. Nice moderate boost to power with the potential to go nuts with a fuel system and E85 later if I want to. 3.73 gearing with a centrifugal seems like a good pairing.

ESS Tuning also has a supercharger for the S550 similar to the ProCharger for a decent price so I wouldn't rule that one out either. The kit doesn't look half bad and at a wholesale price, it's an attractive power adder.

I've been eyeballing the On3 single turbo kit too waiting to get feedback on people that have finished the install and given their reviews and thoughts on everything. I just know that with Vortech\Paxton\ProCharger, I don't have to worry about things not fitting or having to sand and flatten turbo manifolds that don't fit.

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Nothing wrong with a Paxton or Vortech. I just didn't like all the cutting and altering needed to install one. With the ProCharger, most of that isn't necessary.
By cutting, you mean 2 hoses? The fan shroud only needs cut if you run the inlet tube, which is stupid to do anyway.

OP
OP
17Ruby

17Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2013 4Runner, 2015 BMW 328i
By cutting, you mean 2 hoses? The fan shroud only needs cut if you run the inlet tube, which is stupid to do anyway.
Thank you for asking this. I was curious.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
I had a Paxton 2200-SL on my 2012 gt Tremec magnum car, it was good sc. But I like my Procharger D1x sc better. it's easy to install and deinstall. you don't have to remove the head unit to change a belt or pulley, and Procharger pulley changes take 15 minutes. If a belt fails on your Paxton your calling a tow truck.. With Procharger (stage-2) set-ups you can drive home with a broken belt after you remove the remains of the belt. A lot of Paxton owners don't know that in weather below 25 degrees f your not suppose to start your car. It has to do with tight bearing tolerances that in cold weather, can cause internal damage, and cancel your warranty.

ps: almost forgot about the soft brass screws in the head unit. Overtime they get buggerd up and its hard to remove them when changing the oil.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Tatum337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I had Paxton’s on my 2011 & 2015 GTs. Good solid kit. If I had to pick one thing I don’t like about the kit. It was that the overflow bottle mounts right over the left bank of spark plugs. As for how fast they are. I never lost to anyone with another brands kit on their car.:wink:
BL fabrications makes a catch can/over flow tank that mounts on the drivers side. It's really nice and cleans the engine bay up. I have one for sale for the Paxton/Vortech kits..The Paxton cannot be beat for price and performance. Heck of a bang for the buck. Easily take the car bottom 9's

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT ; 2021 Explorer ST
No, I mean the radiator brackets. And the windshield washer fluid tank. And the air box. And the side and upper radiator shrouds. Plus, whatever lines need bent for the AC.

Maybe none of that is needed for 15-17. But on 18+, that's what it calls for.

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
No, I mean the radiator brackets. And the windshield washer fluid tank. And the air box. And the side and upper radiator shrouds. Plus, whatever lines need bent for the AC.

Maybe none of that is needed for 15-17. But on 18+, that's what it calls for.
I have a 2019. I also live in the same city as you, you're more than welcome to see my setup.

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT ; 2021 Explorer ST
I believe you. Just not sure why the install manual says you need to do all that. Did you skip steps or is my manual wrong? Hope to see you around sometime.

cbrtrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I believe you. Just not sure why the install manual says you need to do all that. Did you skip steps or is my manual wrong? Hope to see you around sometime.
Those are all normal things that must be done on a vortech, on the PP cars the upper shroud is also cut because you move the radiator forward 1.25 inches and the radiator upper posts are cut down .75 inch, plus you cut and redo the pcv lines unless you already have another alternative, a bunch of wire harness straps are removed as well. Everything is a tight fit and many things can rub if not clearenced like the front bumper support mounts needs to be bent forward as well.

I'd also recommend a quick belt change kit otherwise belt changes are fairly time consuming with the stock configuration.

Last edited:

Sponsored

JDUBU

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I installed a paxton 2200sl on my brothers 2019 and a Vortech v3sl on my 2019. Both being the exact same and were definitely not "Hard". Truthfully moving the radiator bracket and trimming the radiator closeout was the only real "fab" work. I would say everything else is basically the same effort as the procharger - but I have never installed a PC either. Also, truth is you would have to remove the supercharger to change belts BUT, Schrader Performance sells a cheap and easy bolt kit that allows the vortech/paxton users to change belts very easily. I used the kit and can change belts/pulleys just as easy as the PC guys. The AC lines don't need to be "bent", just slightly repositioned. Again all very easy and certainly nothing to stop me from using a Vortech or Paxton again. I have zero experience with a PC or other SC but I am very happy with my vortech. It breaks a lot of hearts on the streets.

imagejpeg_0(5).jpg

20200906_090307.jpg

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
I had a whipple on my 06 Mustang and am thinking of a Paxton for my 2017. Any thoughts good or bad?
Whipple, Procharger, Vortech/Paxton are all great choices. Please feel free to message me and I can get you taken care of on either one and explain the differences for you. https://www.lethalperformance.com/

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I had Paxton’s on my 2011 & 2015 GTs. Good solid kit. If I had to pick one thing I don’t like about the kit. It was that the overflow bottle mounts right over the left bank of spark plugs. As for how fast they are. I never lost to anyone with another brands kit on their car.:wink:
What is wrong with over the plugs? It’s a high enough spot to get air bubbles out.
two s550 everything the same but one Paxton/vortech the other procharger. The procharger win because of the gear ratio in better and the blower has more capability

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
we do more power adders on coyotes than anyone, you can't go wrong with any setup on a coyote. bang for the buck, the vortech /paxton is hard to beat, the v3 is super efficient at that 600 rwhp mark if thats all your looking for, and you won't find another kit as inexpensive

we have tons of specials , and can help with installs as well.

Im sure they are fine, just not as fast as Procharger!!!!
Dont forget Procharger is faster!
well.... if were gonna put facts out. we set the centri coyote record 5 years ago, and didn't even scratch the surface of what the car coulda done when we sold it, and a procharger has yet to pass the bar we set 5 years ago..

just saying......

:)

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
we do more power adders on coyotes than anyone, you can't go wrong with any setup on a coyote. bang for the buck, the vortech /paxton is hard to beat, the v3 is super efficient at that 600 rwhp mark if thats all your looking for, and you won't find another kit as inexpensive

we have tons of specials , and can help with installs as well.

well.... if were gonna put facts out. we set the centri coyote record 5 years ago, and didn't even scratch the surface of what the car coulda done when we sold it, and a procharger has yet to pass the bar we set 5 years ago..

just saying......

:)
Nobody has taken it as serious as you have, till now..
Sponsored