Sponsored

Paxton Supercharger Installed: My Thoughts and Experiences

marctallman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hey guys, I'm pretty new to the forum but wanted to give my $.02 on my paxton supercharger. I ordered the Beefcake special from terry and I highly recommend it to anyone looking to boost their car. The kit came with the supercharger itself, 1050cc ID injectors, JLT intake, Maxflow BOV, Vortech BAP, Lund ngauge with a lund remote tune and new spark plugs. It only took a few weeks for the kit to get to me from the time I ordered it. When I opened the box it was like I was a little kid on christmas again. Everything was packaged great and the fit and finish was excellent. The install is pretty straight forward and the instructions are excellent. I ran into a few issues on the install but it was all just me being an idiot and making stupid mistakes (Make sure all your coolant hoses are properly secure). I did the install over a few days by myself and would say that its possible to do by yourself with little mechanical knowledge.

Once the install was done, I loaded the tune and fired her up. The base tune from lund was great and within about a day I got the go ahead to hit boost. Im still data logging right now to get it down but it has been nothing but a pleasure to work with Jon.

She moves like no other now. Im still on stock tires and they'll spin all the way through 4th gear no problem. I'm just about to order some new wheels and tires so I can actually put the power down now. The upgraded BOV that I got sounds amazing. I was skeptical when listening to youtube videos when deciding if I wanted it or not but none of them do it justice.

Overall I highly recommend the Paxton kit to anyone looking to go the FI route. I can upload a video of the car and supercharger if theres any interest.

picture.jpg

picture.jpg
Sponsored

Getdownonit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Looks like another happy boosted Mustang! Big congrats!

bobbyh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Congratulations!

• Did you upgrade the oil pump gear/timing gear and if not do you plan on it in the future?

• Are those plasti-dipped factory 18" wheels?

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
very nice, glad your happy with the setup!

OP
OP
marctallman

marctallman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Congratulations!

• Did you upgrade the oil pump gear/timing gear and if not do you plan on it in the future?

Thanks! I haven't yet but I plan on it in the future. Looking back I definitely should have done it before throwing the supercharger on it. Oops.

• Are those plasti-dipped factory 18" wheels?
Yeah they are, very poorly mind you.

Sponsored

JohnG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Congrats! The upgraded BOV is awesome! It definitely makes a ton of noise and gets lots of attention.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Nice ... spinning through 4th has got to be because it's still cold there in Manitoba?

Demon Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats man! I love my Paxton as well. Bought the same kit with slight differences in options and a few extra goodies I added to the kit.

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Congrats , they make great power ...Only thing I don't like about the system is the blower sticking up top and the relocation of the surge tank ..

Sponsored
OP
OP
marctallman

marctallman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Nice ... spinning through 4th has got to be because it's still cold there in Manitoba?
True but I dont think the 235 all seasons I have will hold up any better when its warmer. I just ordered 305 mickey thompson street comp for the rear. Hopefully it can put down the power when its warmer!

OP
OP
marctallman

marctallman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Congrats man! I love my Paxton as well. Bought the same kit with slight differences in options and a few extra goodies I added to the kit.
What else did you add to your kit? OPG?

WestCyril

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 5.0
Paxton kits from Terry is by far the best bang for the buck for power and plenty of room to grow in the future!

Congrats on the install!

Demon Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
What else did you add to your kit? OPG?
I upgraded to the Tial 50mm BOV, OPG/CG, and my brisk plugs went out (CEL with misfires) after 2500 miles so I got the NGK 6510 plugs. I also got the JMS Plug n play BAP.

OP
OP
marctallman

marctallman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I upgraded to the Tial 50mm BOV, OPG/CG, and my brisk plugs went out (CEL with misfires) after 2500 miles so I got the NGK 6510 plugs. I also got the JMS Plug n play BAP.
Nice! Jealous of the OPG, thats the only thing I regret not doing. Have you upgraded the clutch yet?
Sponsored