OP
OP
KeiRodez

KeiRodez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Convertible w/PP
You guys have a been a HUGE help thank you! I took everyone's advice and made a stop at the dealer to check it out myself - did not sign any papers! The problem is that the front fender is misaligned towards the door WAY too far and needs to be adjusted towards the front bumper instead. Everything else on the car is perfect. They told me that they are going to have to paint the door and fender as well as reshape the fender to fix the dent that the door rubbing caused.

They are supposed to have it done this week sometime. Do you think I should still be weary of even accepting the car? Also, when repairs like this are made, does the paint hold up nowadays as well as factory paint? I plan to have this car for a really long time.

I'm going to attach a picture of where the door and fender are rubbing.
Saved_Image_20150405_105839.jpg
Sponsored

MrPotato

Envious Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fusion SE 202A in Guard
I'd be weary for sure. Would get the VIN and not accept it. When that spot rusts in eight months you'll be thankful. :)

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Civic Sedan EX, 2014 Honda VFR800F
OP - I've been through a similar situation like you before. I didn't accept mine. Anything that needs body work / paint repair before the papers are signed is not going home with me. That's just my 0.02.

Good luck with your decision.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Wait it out. Sucks but worth it in the long run.

justindo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium
I'd be weary for sure. Would get the VIN and not accept it. When that spot rusts in eight months you'll be thankful. :)
This.

Sponsored

R3troGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Coupe - 2019 RAM 1500 BH
I would not take the car. Find/Order me another one

BlackWidow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future 2016 GT PP MT
I'll continue to play Devils advocate I guess. I see no issue in accepting the vehicle AFTER all repairs are made to your satisfaction. If they can't get it right then the obvious decision would be to walk away. The dealership is going to use the same paint ford uses in the factory so the quality should be the same, provided of course that thr paint tech is competant at his job.

All you guys throwing fits about this are being a little silly. If you got into an accident and needed to have a body panel resprayed are you going to get rid of the car because the resprayed area might rust? I highly doubt it. The circumstances are different here, yes, but the process is the same. The OP has already waited long enough for the car, why should he now have to go through the whole process of ordering a third? This is an extremely simple fix. Let the dealership do it's job and fix the problem.

RedRain2015

Threads
Reaction score
I wouldn't even CONSIDER taking a car that I knew had to visit the body shop before I took ownership of it.
Why would you if you didn't have to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GordieBobfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 6MT, PP, Triple Yellow
If it were me, and the car had body damage before taking delivery, I wouldn't have taken the car at all.

At the very least I'd demand a new fender over a body worked one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Get it right before you take it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
KeiRodez

KeiRodez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks again guys. I'm definitely taking all of your opinions in consideration. It's helping me make a more sound decision. I think what I'm going to do is check out the car very carefully when it's fixed and if it's not absolutely perfect, I'll see about waiting for a 2016.

My only dilemma with that is this - they already have a buyer that wants my trade badly. I'm getting a crazy good price on my trade because of that, so if I wait it will be worth much much less by August.

OP
OP
KeiRodez

KeiRodez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IDEA!

So... I came up with an idea. Do you think it's crazy? My idea would be that I would let them take my trade (Subaru BRZ) now since they have a buyer for such a good price, have them do an even swap on a used Fusion or something else on their lot, drive that through the summer & have a written agreement that when I go to sell them back the Fusion in 5 months (as long as I keep it in the same condition and under so many miles), it will be worth "whatever amount" less. Does that sound crazy? Or does it sound feasible? :shrug:

GNS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
How good of a deal was this trade in? Give us numbers.

OP
OP
KeiRodez

KeiRodez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How good of a deal was this trade in? Give us numbers.
They are basically giving me what private party value is in excellent condition. $19,000 - which is fantastic considering it's 2 years old and has 16,000 miles on it. I bought it for $24,000 originally.

daytripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13GT500,'15 GT
I wouldnt be too worried about my aluminum fenders rusting.
Sponsored