Sponsored

The Mach 1 thread

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe

YES! Exactly Like That! The only other thing I'd do is move the Stripe up to the Midway Point between the Body Sculpture on the sides and have the Chrome 5.0 emblem in the Front part ahead of the door (although lower than where the 5.0 is placed on the 2015) and Mach-1 in the stripe behind the door similar to a 73 Mach-1 but not quite as thick.

Much better than the shaker.
I Concur Addict.

I knew those NASA Scoops would look right at home on the S-550.

Can Someone Photoshop them on the Actual Car now, not the Model?

I'd love to see this Pic with the 71-73 Scoops, with and without the Blacked Out Hood Graphic and a Black 73 like Mach-1 Side Stripe like I described above. I'd also like to see a Tri-Bar Pony Centered in the Honeycomb Grill.instead of the Coral Grill.

Sponsored

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
YES! Exactly Like That! The only other thing I'd do is move the Stripe up to the Midway Point between the Body Sculpture on the sides and have the Chrome 5.0 emblem in the Front part ahead of the door and Mach-1 in the stripe behind the door.
If the stripe gets moved up, I'd say forget the 5.0 badges altogether, which would be more consistent with the classics. Or if there are badges, I'd prefer that they were of the running horse variety, which again would be a nod to the classics... :)

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess You could say I have a thing for the 71-73 Mach-1's

This Is Almost Identical to My Mom's 1st 73 Mach-1 that she bought off the Showroom Floor in Hollywood Florida back in 1973. She didn't have the Mag Wheels, Wing, Splitter or Sports Slats (aka Louvers) though. And didn't have the Argent Hood. Her's had the Hub Caps and Beauty Rings and had the Sports Interior.

This is Almost Identical to Her 2nd 73 Mach-1 and the car I Learned to Drive in.
It had Ginger Interior and a Ginger Half Vinyl top on it though that I eventually took off and painted Black.

And Thisis is Exactly like the 73 Mach-1 I owned for several years.

As you can see Scott the 73 Mach-1 had a Chrome Mustang Script in the front part of the stripe, which is why I said to put the 5.0 there.

JonnyMustang

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB
Shaker doesn't really work on the s550, I think the ducts look way better. Like flared mustang nostrils. :)

Sent from space using carrier pigeons. Any typos can be blamed on them.

whokilledkaji

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium
Wow! I'm loving the photoshops!!! Can somebody try medium blue from 1973? Maybe Ingot too?

I like the big black spoiler too. Why does the PP have a spoiler delete, anyways? Can you delete the delete?

Sponsored

T5owner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 T-5
The Global Car Chief Engineer still likes the Shaker and the Mach 1 package itself. Art Hyde held a speech at the 2014 Charlotte event. Here is the Mach 1 part (he speaks about the 2003 and especially profitability of all sorts of Mustang SEs in the past, but anyway...the package worked for Ford obviously).
[ame]

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
Tampabear, my first car was a red '73 Mach1 :cheers: 351C 2v was a total pig but I was 16 and loved that pig
That's a great looking first car. Mine was a 69 mach. Been hooked ever since!

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Great work, as usual, Chris.

Now, when you have a 'mo, can you give us this one in a bunch more colours?

Personally, I'd love to see:

Ingot Silver
Magnetic
Grabber Blue
Guardsman Blue
Grabber Orange

Thanks you in advance! :)

chrisvr6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great work, as usual, Chris.

Now, when you have a 'mo, can you give us this one in a bunch more colours?

Personally, I'd love to see:

Ingot Silver
Magnetic
Grabber Blue
Guardsman Blue
Grabber Orange

Thanks you in advance! :)
the one who made it should change the color, i tried but the result is to bad ;)

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Did you guys notice that the side mirrors are moved off of the door on the model?

I like it.

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you guys notice that the side mirrors are moved off of the door on the model?

I like it.
Yeah, they're S-197 Mirrors. Personally I think they look Terrible, in My Opinion they look like Truck Mirrors on this car. Ford moved the Mirrors to the Doors for better Aerodynamics, Better Visibility, and Noise Reduction. I think the S-550's Mirrors are the Most Elegant Mirrors on any Domestic Car. They remind Me of the Mirrors from an Aston Martin.

Suddueth13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thunderbird
I was thinking the same, but having the shaker is so cool. Seeing it rumble when you hit the gas is awesome. I feel like that's a part of what made the 03/04 Mach's special.

Maybe if the shape of the scoop is changed it would work better. The one on the Challengers isn't a square shape.

Suddueth13, the 03/04 Mach's were similar to. In fact it's cheap and easy to replicate them. My two friends with 03's already have the chin spoiler and grille delete. It's pretty popular on these models. Yet I don't think I've ever seen a clone.

Same bumpers to. The only hard to get part would be the hood. I don't see those anywhere.
That shaker system isn't cheap. The New Edge Mach 1s lip and grill weren't used on any other Mustang either. Yeah they are cheap and simple add ons but they helped differentiate it from the rest of the lineup along with the graphics and wheels. Also, the Mach 1s used the Bullitts C pillar sills, which wasn't used on any other Mustang as well, which many don't pick up on when cloning. This makes it easy to pick clones and real ones.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, they're S-197 Mirrors. Personally I think they look Terrible, in My Opinion they look like Truck Mirrors on this car. Ford moved the Mirrors to the Doors for better Aerodynamics, Better Visibility, and Noise Reduction. I think the S-550's Mirrors are the Most Elegant Mirrors on any Domestic Car. They remind Me of the Mirrors from an Aston Martin.
+1 on all points.

It seems like most manufacturers have made a move to door mounted wing mirrors for the reasons you just listed. I'm really impressed with how well integrated the S550's are, and I also love how lithe the stems are. Heck, they even show up Porsche's execution in my opinion, which seems to consist of clunky stalks wedged into an arbitrary point on the door panels.

Definitely adds a nice finishing touch to the car.
Sponsored