Sponsored

Why the Mach 1 is a bargain....

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It comes complete with an attractive front end, unlike the hideous catfish face of the 2018-current regular mustangs.

F8A6DFF3-4E5C-48A9-8562-E27F091503AC_1_201_a.jpeg
I agree that the Mach 1 is good looking. The upper grill is a little meh for me, though. I would prefer the fake air ducts were not there or were a different shape. They are okay, just not great. To me the GT350 front end is superior and a used GT350 would therefore be a better bargain than a new Mach 1.

Now in 2-4 years from now, a used Mach 1 might be the best bargain. It depends on how well the pi/di coyotes hold up over time.

Sponsored

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis M1908
I agree that the Mach 1 is good looking. The upper grill is a little meh for me, though. I would prefer the fake air ducts were not there or were a different shape. They are okay, just not great. To me the GT350 front end is superior and a used GT350 would therefore be a better bargain than a new Mach 1.

Now in 2-4 years from now, a used Mach 1 might be the best bargain. It depends on how well the pi/di coyotes hold up over time.
Those aren’t fake they can be popped out to either use for more cooling or add lights is my understanding. What are used GT 350 go for these days ? I’m seeing them in the 70s around here. They jumped up in price once discontinued

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Those aren’t fake they can be popped out to either use for more cooling or add lights is my understanding. What are used GT 350 go for these days ? I’m seeing them in the 70s around here. They jumped up in price once discontinued
They can be popped out, but do they have hoses behind them to go somewhere? My understanding is they just go through into the radiator/engine compartment and generate more lift for the front end.

For 70 (not 70s) you can buy a brand new GT350 off the showroom floor around here. The used ones are in the 40s and 50s.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
They can be popped out, but do they have hoses behind them to go somewhere? My understanding is they just go through into the radiator/engine compartment and generate more lift for the front end.
My guess is that there will be an aftermarket kit that will include hoses just like there will be for the fog lights. But we know that even if Ford were to include them someone would complain that they are too long, or too short, or too cheap, etc, etc.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
My guess is that there will be an aftermarket kit that will include hoses just like there will be for the fog lights. But we know that even if Ford were to include them someone would complain that they are too long, or too short, or too cheap, etc, etc.
I probably shouldn't have called them fake. I just don't love their appearance is all. And I remember how the GT350 R has a small grill opening to reduce front lift. And I believe that in 2019 Ford reduced the size of the regular GT350 grill opening in order to improve its performance.

As long as the openings do something functional and beneficial, I'm all for it. Maybe I just don't understand the benefit.

And I still wish they looked a little better.

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis M1908
I probably shouldn't have called them fake. I just don't love their appearance is all. And I remember how the GT350 R has a small grill opening to reduce front lift. And I believe that in 2019 Ford reduced the size of the regular GT350 grill opening in order to improve its performance.

As long as the openings do something functional and beneficial, I'm all for it. Maybe I just don't understand the benefit.

And I still wish they looked a little better.
i think if you saw up close in person you might like more. I went and saw one at my dealer the other night. Pictures and video don’t do justice imo.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
i think if you saw up close in person you might like more. I went and saw one at my dealer the other night. Pictures and video don’t do justice imo.
I do have to say they have been growing on me. When I first saw them I was repulsed, but now I think they are ok.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
The Mach 1 front end is better than the 18 refresh (which I happen to like quite a bit since I own one), which IMO was better than the 15-17 front end. I also agree the fake light holes in the grille look like a blank that goes in place of an actual button on lower trim level cars from years past. And current model Hellcats' steering wheels:
1614482555462.png