Sponsored

The Mach 1 thread

Suddueth13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thunderbird
The only problem I see is that it is literally no different than a regular S550 except for graphics, wheels, and spoiler. From an exterior point of view, it's easy to replicate.
Sponsored

my03mach1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Subaru BRZ, 2017 Ford Fiesta ST
Personally I don't think the Shaker Hood would look right on the S-550. The shape of the hood already lends it's self to the NASA Scoop Hood of the 71-73 Mach 1's. The Shaker just looks Older and too Retro for the S-550 in My Opinion.
I was thinking the same, but having the shaker is so cool. Seeing it rumble when you hit the gas is awesome. I feel like that's a part of what made the 03/04 Mach's special.

Maybe if the shape of the scoop is changed it would work better. The one on the Challengers isn't a square shape.

Suddueth13, the 03/04 Mach's were similar to. In fact it's cheap and easy to replicate them. My two friends with 03's already have the chin spoiler and grille delete. It's pretty popular on these models. Yet I don't think I've ever seen a clone.

Same bumpers to. The only hard to get part would be the hood. I don't see those anywhere.

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
The 03 and 04 machs were very good looking cars but special should be held aside for something like

JonnyMustang

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB
The only problem I see is that it is literally no different than a regular S550 except for graphics, wheels, and spoiler. From an exterior point of view, it's easy to replicate.
Isn't that what the Mach 1 started out as, just a graphics package? Or was the reverse true, and it just ended up as a graphics package?

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
I've got the Mach1 chin spoiler on my car as well, and have thought about the grill delete. But a Mach1 package doesn't have to have much in the way of unique sheet metal or bodywork - a NACA duct hood would suffice, if combined with appropriate graphics, and maybe a unique splitter and spoiler. Wheels would have to be specific too, though not necessarily Magnum 500 style (maybe they can design something new), I suppose. But the real content ought to be under the skin IMHO. A direct injection Coyote, or maybe a retuned version of the alleged 5.2L from the SVT. Give it the PP brakes and suspension as standard, and unique Recaros. Bam - there's your Mach1.

I'm guessing, though, that any such LE wouldn't occur before '17MY, or perhaps '18. I really don't believe that the Mustang team is working on anything of the sort yet. They've still got their hands full trying to pull off a clean launch for the base car, and then get the convertible up and running after. There's no need for an LE yet, so they won't have any priority placed on it yet. Just my $0.02.

Sponsored

FATTBoss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302
I like it. I know I have complained about weight in other threads, but if they made the green version in the first post I think I would give serious thought to buying one. I like the shaker over the ducted 71-73 style hood, so give me a yellow S550 Mach 1 with a shaker please!

FATTBoss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302
One other thing I would do different now that someone has posted a '69 and the concept next to each other, extend the width of the hood stripe to meet the body lines on the hood. That would blend the heat extractors better in my opinion.

Sponsored

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
Can Someone photoshop the 71-73 Mach-1 Hood Scoops without the Heat Extractors on the 2015? I think they would look perfect right at the front of the Power Dome Ridges.

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
One other thing I would do different now that someone has posted a '69 and the concept next to each other, extend the width of the hood stripe to meet the body lines on the hood. That would blend the heat extractors better in my opinion.
In addition to this, I'd ditch the full black roof and make the stripe(s) continue over the roof and trunk lid as well. Just to see what it looks like that way.

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Lightning, 87 GT
Can Someone photoshop the 71-73 Mach-1 Hood Scoops without the Heat Extractors on the 2015? I think they would look perfect right at the front of the Power Dome Ridges.

Like so?

Sponsored