Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Yup . I grew up in the Sunrise/Plantation area and drove Broward stretch of 95 daily for years. Dangerous stretch. Either moving 2mph or 90mph. You could be doing 200mph and there would be someone riding your ass or passing. Glad you’re ok, sorry about your pony.
That’s because no one gets pulled over anymore. Try what they do now in 1990. You’d be pulled over so quick it you’d wonder where they came from. I was a LOT more civilized driving then.
Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
was it an extra option in your policy/coverages or do they do that anyway? and would they be Progressive by any chance? cuz that sure would be nice....
It's auto owners, I had an aftermarket wheel fall off and get lost in a ravine, it was completely replaced AND re-powdercoated under insurance (it's a long story and could have been REALLY bad since it was interstate). I'm not sure if it's an add on I will check if I can get the policy number.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I drive that stretch of 95 from Commercial Blvd to 595 to Sunrise daily it's always a mess especially this time of year. Would have liked to see your car in person always was on the lookout for it locally. Good luck to you
I go out of my way on the turnpike just to avoid I95.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
That’s because no one gets pulled over anymore. Try what they do now in 1990. You’d be pulled over so quick it you’d wonder where they came from. I was a LOT more civilized driving then.
FYI, in FL, cops are not allowed to chase if you are doing triple digits ESPECIALLY in Palm Beach County and south. I used to live there and know a few officers. This is still the case.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gnatsum21

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016

First Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach1
Sorry for your loss. I am glad you are okay. I used to live in that area. The problem is they narrowed the lanes so much to add more lanes that its quite a challenge to drive. Too many people trying to get somewhere fast doesnt help either. I wish you can find yourself back to this forum with a new one.

sirben711

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Ecoboost 10R80 w/ FP Tune
Glad you are okay. Same thing happened to me about a year and a half ago.

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
if you had/have comp & collision, you have the right to buy your salvaged property back from them. so then you would only really have lost your time put in and whatever got destroyed in the wreck.
^ YES. I suspect it's easier if you tell them right away you're keeping the car, rather than after its gone to a salvage yard.

My "household" has had 2 accidents that totaled cars, and I retained the vehicle both times.

Each time, an adjuster came to my house and looked at the car to estimate what its value had been before the wreck, and it was no more work for them than if they'd gone to look at it in a junkyard.

One car I had fixed for WAY less than the insurance estimate, and I'm still driving it 17 years later.
S13 in Sacramento Mtns.jpg

The other, I finally decided the repair was going to be too expensive 😟 and ended up selling the car to a body shop. (And within a year the body shop owner said the car was back on the road.)

EDIT: Both those cars had only damage at one end or the other. The OPs car might be worse off but if he wanted to salvage parts I'm all for it.

If that can't happen because of the townhome situation or something, I think a lot of insurance (such as my USAA policy) would account for some upgrades when deciding the value of the car.

Last edited:

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
I was involved in a multi car accident this morning on I-95, Broward County Florida.
Car is totaled.
I dream you had/owned can be taken away in a matter of seconds.
I am ok, one person was hurt and was carried away in a stretcher. Look at attached video and judge yourself. I ran into the guys in front of me, a pickup rear ended me. I hit the brakes really hard.. Wouldn't have made a difference anyway, they guy behind me would have plowed into me anyway.
Goodbye Mustang. Goodbye chat. It was fun being here while it lasted.

EDIT: Video removed

PXL_20230228_113406332.jpg
ahhhhhhhhh damn man, very sad for you today. Im sorry to see and hear this news, it was nice chatting many times and thank you for all the help you gave me as well as a fellow ROUSH guy.

Anthony

Sponsored

JB2017V8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jeroen
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT ford mustang
With the love you have put into that car, you will definitely going to miss it.
But luckily your around still in order to miss it.

I bet there will be an other Mustang in the near future as well.
So don't count yourself out of here just yet 😉

BEERCHAMP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Did your airbag deploy? So glad you are ok. Sorry that your got caught in the middle, but a good lawyer will go after the front car and the truck.

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
Good luck to you, I hope everything comes out fine.

OP
OP
Gnatsum21

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Did your airbag deploy? So glad you are ok. Sorry that your got caught in the middle, but a good lawyer will go after the front car and the truck.
Only the lower ones. Not the steering wheel or passenger side. My GF was in the car too. Do they only deploy at a certain G force?
Sponsored