Sponsored

The beginning of the end for the Mustang?

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
My youngest nephew would get stuck in parking spaces because he couldn't grasp the concept of having to turn the steering wheel while backing up.... seriously. I don't want him driving anywhere within 10 miles of me. Uber or self-driving cars are perfect for him. Sometimes I look at him and wonder who ties his shoes for him.
Just last week at a local eatery, we watched in horror as two 20-something kids tried to park in a crowded lot. They tried 3 different spaces...

If that were my son, I would've grounded him for sheer stupidity. It was painful to watch. It only occurred to me 20 minutes later when Uber dropped some of their friends off.... that I finally got it. I finally understood how/why uber exists.
Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Just last week at a local eatery, we watched in horror as two 20-something kids tried to park in a crowded lot. They tried 3 different spaces...

If that were my son, I would've grounded him for sheer stupidity. It was painful to watch. It only occurred to me 20 minutes later when Uber dropped some of their friends off.... that I finally got it. I finally understood how/why uber exists.
My nephew isn't stupid. He is just so self-absorbed and addicted to social media that he hasn't learned anything by seeing the real world around him. I had him help me plant some bushes once. He stood in one spot and dug all around himself. I had to tell him you stand outside of the hole you are digging, not in the center of it.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
As for the electric cars there will need to be huge infrastructure changes as well to accommodate the electric car, Hydro networks, power plants access to fast charging stations, battery disposal will need to be figured out as well.
We need to recycle these batteries and not dispose of them barring them is only going to make the problem a hellva lot worse latter

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Agreed. Question, are our current lead acid batteries recycled?
Lithium ion batteries are quite a bit different than lead acid to recycle. Much more expensive materials in there so it is cost effective to recycle. The key is to figure out how.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Lithium ion batteries are quite a bit different than lead acid to recycle. Much more expensive materials in there so it is cost effective to recycle. The key is to figure out how.
OK, so current L/A batteries are recycled, wasn't sure. I know Li-Ion are different but I have to hope the manufacturers are working diligently on ways of recycling them.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
OK, so current L/A batteries are recycled, wasn't sure. I know Li-Ion are different but I have to hope the manufacturers are working diligently on ways of recycling them.
Tesla and other manufactures have been recycling lithium ion batteries for some time. They have taken cells that cannot be used in high output high demand conditions such as EVs and re purposed them for energy storage for houses. Once they are no longer usable as a battery in general though is where a cost effective approach to recycling materials in the cell is required.

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
In North America the love affair with the car is still alive.
Maybe in 30-40 years when a lot of us are dead, Mustangs
and cars like this will become less relevant.

I have no problem EV and its the way of the future.
If Ford is so desperate to have to name it a Mustang
to sell it says more about them and the product.

Why mess with an icon at this point, sales are strong
the market for Mustangs is as strong as ever, leave it alone.

Even if you build an E-mustang, thats one thing,
to start building 4 doors and SUV's is totally different.
Sponsored