Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Sorry to hear of and see the result.

So from the above, a vehicle stopped (or was stopped) on the interstate in front of you, you saw this occurring so to avoid impact you were already slowing down, but were also rear-ended and pushed into the vehicle in front of you?

If that is the case, then more fault would lie on the driver who rear-ended your vehicle. In any instance, all drivers are to ensure full control of their vehicle at all times. If your video shows that the damage to your front end was essentially minimal BEFORE YOU were impacted - then it proves you were in control of your vehicle (slowing down to avoid hitting the driver in front of you) and the driver behind you was not in total control, slamming into your rear and pushing you into the other vehicle. Show your video to your Ins. Co., because the majority of the "blame" could lie on the driver who hit you from behind - this goes for any property or personal injury damages.

----

The only way any mods would be covered on any vehicles is if:
1) Owner discussed with their Ins. Co. and the Ins. Co. offers an additional rider to the policy that would cover XYZ mods based on XYZ values of those mods.

2) Owner had an Agreed Value Policy where the Ins. Co. and Owner Agreed to cover the vehicle at "XYZ" value in the event of a total loss claim. This value includes the vehicle and any additions to it and would be stipulated in black and white on the declaration page in the policy. In the event of a total loss claim, the Ins. Co. would pay out the Agreed Value, no more and no less.

---

If 1 or 2 above does not apply, then the only way to get fair value with mods - is to provide receipts of the mods and hope the adjuster will adjust the value accordingly. If receipts don't exist, provide pics of the mods and any pics or ads of the parts at retail pricing, they won't give full retail, but will ball park it.

---

Also as suggested above -
But don't do this step until you get a payout figure. Once you get a payout figure on the vehicle that you deem is fair to you - if you want the vehicle, ask if you can buy the vehicle back. What happens here is the Adjuster will take the payout and deduct scrap value, giving you the remainder of the payout and ownership of the vehicle. The VIN will be flagged as a total loss (salvage) and then you can do whatever you wish with the car/parts. You could remove everything of value and sell off, sell whole vehicle as is, or take everything and build up a kit car/race car. Sometimes you can make more $$$ by doing this, because you will receive a payout figure on top of any resell of the body/parts.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gnatsum21

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Thank you so much @Cobra Jet for your detailed reply! I now live in a town home and have basically no tools/room do to anything with the car on my own. Only simple stuff (tires, engine mods..) I do know how things work (was a car mechanic in the 80s.. long time ago), but I'd rather kiss it goodbye and move on.. I have all the mod receipts, including Roush. Everything was installed by STEEDA. Roush kit, mods under the car, including X-Pipe, yep, they did the whole enchilada.
And yes, my initial impact with the car in front would have not totaled my car, the guy who hit me in the back destroyed it.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, so sorry to see but glad you are okay. That's the most important.

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Thank God no one was more seriously injured. Sorry to the OP about his very nice car.
about the vid, The fact that a video exists is out there now so what harm is there in posting it? It shows what it shows. Unless anyone is suggesting editing it or β€œlosing” it, I don’t see how reposting it changes anything. That’s always been the flip side of a dash cam. It can save your ass or hang it.

Tang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
I drive that stretch of 95 from Commercial Blvd to 595 to Sunrise daily it's always a mess especially this time of year. Would have liked to see your car in person always was on the lookout for it locally. Good luck to you

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gnatsum21

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I drive that stretch of 95 from Commercial Blvd to 595 to Sunrise daily it's always a mess especially this time of year. Would have liked to see your car in person always was on the lookout for it locally. Good luck to you
This morning was your chance to see it.. :-(

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Thank you so much @Cobra Jet for your detailed reply! I now live in a town home and have basically no tools/room do to anything with the car on my own. Only simple stuff (tires, engine mods..) I do know how things work (was a car mechanic in the 80s.. long time ago), but I'd rather kiss it goodbye and move on.. I have all the mod receipts, including Roush. Everything was installed by STEEDA. Roush kit, mods under the car, including X-Pipe, yep, they did the whole enchilada.
And yes, my initial impact with the car in front would have not totaled my car, the guy who hit me in the back destroyed it.
Well, make sure to provide any/all receipts to your adjuster so that they can at least give you a fair value for the additions. Otherwise, they'll do the value strictly based on Black/Red Books that are subscription based and only available to Lending Institutions/Car Dealer/Body Shop/Scrap/Ins. Industry. In that evaluation they will exclude any additional mods you have added that were not part of the vehicle As Built/VIN equipment. They do not and will not use any "blue book" nonsense.... They go by the (2) books mentioned for determining A) current market value for the vehicle only and B) ACV (usually referred to as Actual Cash or Crash Value).

I know this is all overwhelming to you at this stage, but go back and review your dash cam vid very closely. I think you're going to find that the driver who impacted your vehicle from behind caused a majority of the damages to your vehicle and the driver in front of you as noted by @2016S550.

OP
OP
Gnatsum21

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, make sure to provide any/all receipts to your adjuster so that they can at least give you a fair value for the additions. Otherwise, they'll do the value strictly based on Black/Red Books that are subscription based and only available to Lending Institutions/Car Dealer/Body Shop/Scrap/Ins. Industry. In that evaluation they will exclude any additional mods you have added that were not part of the vehicle As Built/VIN equipment. They do not and will not use any "blue book" nonsense.... They go by the (2) books mentioned for determining A) current market value for the vehicle only and B) ACV (usually referred to as Actual Cash or Crash Value).

I know this is all overwhelming to you at this stage, but go back and review your dash cam vid very closely. I think you're going to find that the driver who impacted your vehicle from behind caused a majority of the damages to your vehicle and the driver in front of you as noted by @2016S550.
Thank you!
I forgot I got a rear cam too.. pulling video now..
EDIT: Oh yes, he came flying into me.

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
Make sure your insurance agent has those dash cam files ASAP.

Florida has the worst ______ you will find anywhere in the country. When you pass over the state line it’s like a switch goes off and the people turn into complete idiots.
Your statement applies to far more than just the drivers. :crackup:

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I was involved in a multi car accident this morning on I-95, Broward County Florida.
Car is totaled.
I dream you had/owned can be taken away in a matter of seconds.
I am ok, one person was hurt and was carried away in a stretcher. Look at attached video and judge yourself. I ran into the guys in front of me, a pickup rear ended me. I hit the brakes really hard.. Wouldn't have made a difference anyway, they guy behind me would have plowed into me anyway.
Goodbye Mustang. Goodbye chat. It was fun being here while it lasted.

EDIT: Video removed

PXL_20230228_113406332.jpg
It's hard to tell in the picture.

Are the airbags deployed?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gnatsum21

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
if you had/have comp&collision, you have the right to buy your salvaged property back from them. so then you would only really have lost your time put in and whatever got destroyed in the wreck. pretty sure insurance doesn't cover extras on cars, just harleys. but that being said, now you can have a dedicated race car and straighten it enough to race it and go buy you a nice one to drive every day if that's what you did with this one.
My insurance covers ANY aftermarket equipment .

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado
My insurance covers ANY aftermarket equipment .
was it an extra option in your policy/coverages or do they do that anyway? and would they be Progressive by any chance? cuz that sure would be nice....
Sponsored