Oakley

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
I hope that it goes well and those noises surface when the tech is riding with you. Even if they do, there might be a chance that the tech says they are just "normal" noises and won't do anything to help you out. šŸ˜’

Personally I would recommend getting a noise finder device if you have some cash to spare for it and diagnosing the location of the sound yourself. I found one on amazon and will include the link. These are great because they are actually for finding noises in the engine bay and exterior of the car to help find wear items fast but this should definitely work in the cabin to pinpoint the location of the squeaks and creaks you keep hearing. This "toy" is actually really useful to have.

https://www.amazon.com/Steelman-Pro...qah0gieNdyhfjjojE6LkJsmkpeBoCyxgQAvD_BwE&th=1
im getting that anyways. thanks man!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Oakley

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
update: i have noticed that this tick noise only seems to happen when its warmer out. so of course when i go to visit the tech today its 60 degrees. he finds a creaking noise that while I hear isn't the issue and asks me to come back when its warmer. I also made it clear to the service dept that this scratch on my steering wheel was not present before they had it last time.

he was awesome and to be fair the irritating noise is actually weather dependent but since nobody listened when i said that months ago we are here now an when they had the car during warm days they chose to do the body work i didn't for instead of fixing the tick noise... so this is yet another failure of leadership situation.

also, the body shop is trash except for the painter, he did a good job. Reassembly was just a total fail.

I explained all the different ways i tried to avoid getting these guys involved in order to demonstrate how reasonable I'm actually being especially in light of their gross incompetence.

1711557926836-6u.jpg

here's the damage from when they "fixed" my fender issue:

A pillar scratches and poor fitment.

1711558018429-bs.jpg

notice the misalignment and haziness in the clearcoat. the only way i'd do business with this dealership again would be if they sold me a vehicle at THEIR cost. they are horrible.

1711558033486-en.jpg

OP
OP
Oakley

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
Update: this is the panel making the noise. i can literally put my body weight on the back of the car or just push the panel with my hand and hear it creak. I can't feel it move but i can hear something make noise which means something is moving somewhere.

The tech found it and could make the noise happy pushing from the back seat.
The service manager sent me this:

"...On the noise per say Iā€™m not certain we could fix that either. In a lot of cases you will have some body flex/creaking noises that take place under certain conditions. At any rate I will let you know."

The conditions for creaking? releasing clutch, accelerating, braking, going in reverse, putting stuff in the trunk, some turns, or just pushing the panel with your hand.

1712757509808-pz.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oakley

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
update #324234

Planet ford 59 in humble, tx is denying my warranty claim after their technician found the source of the noise: its in the chassis itself. they are saying the noise is normal.

Planet ford 45, after hearing the noise and agreeing that it is not normal but would require extensive work referred me to corporate. I opened a case with Ford and am dropping the car off monday for a tech to see what the service advisor observed.

Hopefully this will end the saga and i can enjoy the car after they do whatever they gotta do.

OP
OP
Oakley

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
UPDATE!!!!!!!

Planet ford 45 is officially taking on the warranty claim!!!!!!!!!!!! 5 minutes in the car and the shop foreman 100% agreed that it is NOT normal noise. it sounds like a styrofoam carton of eggs in the trunk constantly. he drove it around for a bit and everybody was just shaking their head at how shitty the other dealership must be.

I'm finally feeling a sense of relief. They were already talking about a possible buyback because the noise is in the actual structure of the car. I really hope it doesn't come to that but at this point if it came to that could walk away feeling like ford did the right thing.

i drop bluey off in 2 weeks when they have a loaner available.

Sponsored

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
That sound would make me nuts...

I had a similar noise from the passenger seat that drove me crazy. The plastic trim on the lower edge of the seat where the controls are wood buzz and rattle if no one was sitting in the seat. I solved it by putting a 1-in square piece of door insulation between the seat and cover. It created just enough pressure to keep the plastic tight in the clip.

I had the same issue with the rear seat latches and did similar just a small piece of door insulation that has adhesive on one side. The insulation is black so it blends in without much issue.

Everything was nice and quiet for about 3 years until 2 weeks ago when there was a very loud metallic clacking under the passenger seat. Thankfully that was just a metal water bottle that had slipped under the seat and was up against the middle seat bracket.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
IIRC, in a coupe the main large rear interior panels have large foam blocks to fill voidsā€¦. If your ā€œstyrofoam carton of eggs in the trunkā€ is such a noise, then my guess is the foam block in one or both panels is making contact with the sheet metal causing that noise. One or both of those rear panels should be pulled - and have the Tech place felt tape OR large felt squares over the foam blocks OR onto the sheet metal where the interior panel fastensā€¦

The other areas to check:
- Rear upper seat back latches. Place a single strip of felt tape OR a couple of windings of electrical tape around the metal post for the latch. Then close the seat back and go for a drive; do you still hear any such noise or rattles? If answer is no, you solved the issue. There isnā€™t any way to make those upper seat backs latch any better and if there is the slightest gap between the latch mechanism and the post it latches to, it WILL make annoying noises while drivingā€¦.

- This post was one I posted a while ago, but is still relevantā€¦. The other source of a metallic rattle/tick has been the BCM at the rear of the car. As others have said, sometimes noise carries and itā€™s hard to distinguish exactly where itā€™s coming from. My prior 2016 S550 had a metallic tapping noise which was hard to find, but I did eventually find it to be coming from the trunk and posted the fix here, which has helped others fix the same annoying noise:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/passenger-side-rear-1-4-rattle-how-to-get-peace.62664/

OP
OP
Oakley

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
The other areas to check:
im done checking. they will make the car right or they will by it back and i move on to something else. I hope its the former cause other than this nonsense i love this car.

either way is fine by me and ford will keep me as a customer because they will have done the right thing to make me whole in the end, you can't really ask for more than that.

they had a dealership nearly destroy 30 years of customer loyalty, tho, so i hope those clowns get dealt with.

CrazyHippie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion Hybrid
it doesn't. its very much interior noise. its really hard to describe but happens anytime the rear gets jostled. i've just gotten to the point where I've accepted the fact I just had unreasonable expectations this car, ford, and their dealerships. I'm on my third F150, i've had 2 rangers, 2 explorers, and bought 4 new fords since 2016.

i think quality has really taken a nosedive lately which wouldn't be so bad if the dealerships weren't so overwhelmed their lacking competency is pushed into dumpster fire land pretty consistently.

oh and I let several issues go. minor blemishes that i could either correct or not notice.. but this noise cuts through everything. the only way to not hear it is to have the stereo blaring and as much as i like Gojira i can't do full volume all the time.

also, i've fixed lots of little issues on the car (some noises like this) but this one persists.
I can't find it and the local dealer just told me something like "sorry bro couldn't figure it out"
If it stops when you turn the radio off, you likely are hearing a loose speaker or ground wire that moves when you hit a bump causing a speaker pop.
Sponsored