The Bad Noise

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
Its a different kind of tick, this one comes from the trunk area....

I'm not flippin crazy or a karen. Imagine living with that every day in your brand new car.
Sponsored

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6-speed. 2015 F-250XLT,73 Torino
Bring it back to the dealership. I would go insane with that for sure.

Find another dealer with a tech who kniws wtf is going on.

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Does it do it when the radio is off? It almost sounds like an old morse code machine (but without the tone). Was wondering if that's some sort of feedback being emitted from your rear speakers?

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
I have a little noise on that damn panel too if not listing to music with windows up lol. Havent had a chance to pull out to see what is causing it BUT when I pull on the panel, it goes away. So I am assuming there is a loose clip or something in there.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Oakley

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
Does it do it when the radio is off? It almost sounds like an old morse code machine (but without the tone). Was wondering if that's some sort of feedback being emitted from your rear speakers?
it doesn't. its very much interior noise. its really hard to describe but happens anytime the rear gets jostled. i've just gotten to the point where I've accepted the fact I just had unreasonable expectations this car, ford, and their dealerships. I'm on my third F150, i've had 2 rangers, 2 explorers, and bought 4 new fords since 2016.

i think quality has really taken a nosedive lately which wouldn't be so bad if the dealerships weren't so overwhelmed their lacking competency is pushed into dumpster fire land pretty consistently.

oh and I let several issues go. minor blemishes that i could either correct or not notice.. but this noise cuts through everything. the only way to not hear it is to have the stereo blaring and as much as i like Gojira i can't do full volume all the time.

also, i've fixed lots of little issues on the car (some noises like this) but this one persists.
I can't find it and the local dealer just told me something like "sorry bro couldn't figure it out"

fordracerguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FJG M1
Are your windows tinted? I had a similar sound due to a poor installation. They had left excess tint below the end of the glass which made a plastic tic sound when driving.

OP
OP
Oakley

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
Are your windows tinted? I had a similar sound due to a poor installation. They had left excess tint below the end of the glass which made a plastic tic sound when driving.
anything is worth a look at this point. i'll check that out tomorrow. same tint guy i've used for over ten years, all his stuff is precut so i doubt it is an issue.

First Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach1
Coming from a recent noise resolution here are what I can suggest:
1. Check trunk for loose items. Run the car with nothing in the back.
2. Check your wheel lugs and make sure they are at 150 ft lb.
3. Attach go pro under the car, on top of trunk, in wheel well to see if it is interior or exterior.
4. Do the wheel bearing test.
5. Speaker static? Is the noise regular or irregular with speed?

Magneride?
Sponsored