The 5-0 are getting faster

Wsvi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Saw one just like it in Myrtle Beach a few weeks ago , never would have known it was a cop if it didnt have its lights on, even the tag was just a normal tag not the permanent tag cop cars have.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I live in Austin TX and saw a Mustang working traffic control at a road construction site downtown. Not sure if it was state highway patrol or local pd. Either way I don't see the issue with this. As Dave pointed out above, this has been going on for a long time. If you choose to street race one of these guys, that is your bad decision.

In a world where most PDs do have rules around shutting down chases above certain speeds and time limits, ending the chase faster is a good thing.

jwt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
Egging people on to race by revving your engine at the lights is stupid of any officer. Driving an unmarked Mustang? meh when I see some of the stupid stuff people do the more unmarked cars the better I think, everyone behaves nicely around marked cars, lets pull over the morons overtaking into oncoming traffic, crests of hills, bends, etc etc.

If you want to see real sneaky unmarked cars try Saskatchewan and Alberta pickups, even up close the only give away is a small plastic antenna on the roof the size of an old 35mm film canister. But when they park them among other pickups in a construction zone and are pulling idiots blowing past workers at 30 to 50 over the posted limit, best of luck I say.

My son (19) has a Charger Hellcat and I have been in the car with him where unmarked have driven up his backside, so close their lights are NOT visible in any mirrors and after 5 minutes (which is a long time with someone driving that close) they overtake and move on, you see their shoulder badges as they drive by.

Have photo'd them and reported them but never heard anymore. Me. I'd slow down and down until they either pulled me over or overtook and then give them the finger as they go by.

But as a fifties, white guy with a good job, and a lawyer available to me 24/7 I can afford to do that. And Canadian police typically don't shoot you for giving them aggravation YMMV!!!!

John

Edit and a front and rear dashcam setup for evidence

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I would not stop.... I dial 911 and let them know there is a car with flashing lights in non-traditional way... following me. I have no way of knowing if it's a real police officer or not and am not stopping until I see a marked officer. Thank you...

As your right!
Let us know how that works out for ya

Nickel

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Handling Package TR3160 w/Recaros
I've already witnessed a base GT cop car here in Charlotte, NC pulling someone over and it also had a temporary 30 day tag on it...

Sponsored

19s550gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 gt pp1
This is old news. I remember back in the early 2000s being in concord nc leo had some pursuit z06s. Talk about a mind-trip. Northern Florida uses 5.0s. A department out of Atlanta has a couple challenger R/Ts. I’m sure there’s a ton out there.
Yeah me too! Do you remember the sonic blue terminator they had?

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02’ 360, 06’ GT, 11’ GT500, 15’ 911, 17’ 350
I do. Man, that brings back memories. I had a sb too ;) we had a couple run ins, no trouble but moved away to the Midwest. What ever can of it.

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
Lol. We had 5.0 notches as State Patrol for years both marked and unmarked. Pussies...

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not stopping for anything unmarked and without a county permanent tag. I'll drive my happy ass to the local precinct with that fucker in tow. Then he gets to see my credentials and answer a few questions of my own.

Sponsored

Jhonda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp1
I've already witnessed a base GT cop car here in Charlotte, NC pulling someone over and it also had a temporary 30 day tag on it...
That’s the car I was talking about earlier in this thread. It was badass. I have also seen a Guy pulled over by a white Ford dually. Sneaky buggers around here.
How many local Charlotte area guys do we have around here. I plan on going to Lowe’s motor speedway to do the roval August 13th

19s550gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 gt pp1
That’s the car I was talking about earlier in this thread. It was badass. I have also seen a Guy pulled over by a white Ford dually. Sneaky buggers around here.
How many local Charlotte area guys do we have around here. I plan on going to Lowe’s motor speedway to do the roval August 13th
I’m in Burlington but plan on riding down!

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
Police do a critical service for all of us. All of the officers I've known or "dealt with" personally(aside from one NY State trooper) have clearly been decent human beings doing their job.

If this unmarked Mustang gives you a slightly sick feeling in your guts, there’s a reason for that.

Examples like this are a great reminder that some of these officers, departments and police unions need to be reminded about who they work for! If stopping speeding is their goal, that car would have been marked. Full stop. Instead, they’re acting like ambush predators, dispensing “justice” as they see fit.

Last edited:

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
I hate when I see this kind of undercover vehicle. Just seems like a big misuse of money if you ask me. Plus I’ve heard too many stories about undercovers using the car’s inappropriately. First time I heard something was a 2014 GT that supposedly revved it’s engine at other fast or modified cars to see if they would race them and therefore ticket them. Then I remember reading a while back some department bought a hellcat with taxpayer money and they were using it for personal use. At the very least they can get a four door car. If they have to transport someone due to a dui or something then they have to call a whole other unit because now nobody fits in the backseat.
Hellcat was purchased with drug seizure money. He can do that, but there was some flack for doing it, nothing illegal though. The Sheriff himself of that county drives it. Not purchased with tax payers dollars.

Some traffic units will have different cars than regular patrol vehicles. I see this one all the time. Modified by Steeda and ProCharged. Sweet little ride.
119893335.jpg

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Police do a critical service for all of us. All of the officers (aside from one NY State trooper) were clearly decent human beings doing their job.

If this unmarked Mustang gives you a slightly sick feeling in your guts, there’s a reason for that.

Examples like this are a great reminder that some of these officers, departments and police unions need to be reminded about who they work for! If stopping speeding is their goal, that car would have been marked. Full stop. Instead, they’re acting like ambush predators, dispensing “justice” as they see fit.
I guess I missed where there was a huge influx of people willing to sacrifice their lives in effort to execute the best version of law enforcement in the most free and most diverse society in the world.
Entrapment is not what UCU is for.
You can complain about them all day long, but if your family were abducted in a parking lot, by a gentleman who didn't "see" a marked unit and was nabbed by the officer in that pretty Mustang, your opinion would be different.
Bad news is, you can't pick the parts we like and don't like.
Sponsored