Sponsored

How stupid are used prices getting?

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
In my region , the new and used car dealers have hardly any inventory on hand. I have never seen so few cars or pickups on dealer lots.
Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
In my region , the new and used car dealers have hardly any inventory on hand. I have never seen so few cars or pickups on dealer lots.
Tons of used on lots here. Sure the new car dealers that only sell new, or off lease units are screwed.
But there is no lack of vehicles to buy.
If I was looking at used vehicle and it wasn't a niche vehicle.
I'd tell the salesman, I past tons of lots with vehicles on them. making the point that there is no shortage of vehicles for sale. When they think they are going to bend you over and drill for oil.
Sadly many don't know how to get out of a seat and start walking out the car dealers doors.
Sure if you want x color, x trim, x model vehicle you might be screwed when looking new. but Even the mustang, the ford site list tons of units on lots.
I don't get it.
The same folks that complain about bust buy or any brick and mortar retail store prices being higher than amazon,etc.
Don't even think twice about paying thousands over msrp for a vehicle and thousands to tens of thousands over listing price for a home.
It must be the common core math.

inspecto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Wrong time of year to be asking stupid prices, at least in parts of the country, For those that have nice driving roads 98% of the year, I hate you!!!! J/K
:surprised:
That's ok I don't hate you✌👀😁

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Not sure if you guys have been looking at the C7 ZR1 cars, but they are stupid expensive!!!
By stupid expensive, I mean anywhere from 150K to 200K!!!
:crazy: 😳

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

Sponsored

4leghorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
My car went up almost 12k since I got it. But the new prices offsets my equity in my car so not really a point in trading it in

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Pretty damn stupid.

What's even more funny, they're starting to back down on used car prices (to sellers). Vroom and Carvana both "offered" $32k for my GT (a 5 year old BASE GT!!!!) about two months ago. Last week, $24,000.

I'm sure they would list it for $35-$36k either way I would assume. Maybe that's a signal the rush of buyers has slowed down, but the dealers are still keeping prices high.
Just think about all of the "Buyers Remorse" when these same people, who paid a ridiculous over MSRP Priced value, try to sell these same cars and Wala, Wala, they find out how financially stupid they were, and find out they are thousands of dollars upside down on what they paid versus what the car is actually worth.

Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
My car went up almost 12k since I got it. But the new prices offsets my equity in my car so not really a point in trading it in
That's why you wait if you can. Sell your car now, ride your bike around for a few months then cash in a stupid cheap prices when eventually all these people that bought extremely expensive cars are way upside down on them and have to sell.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Just think about how crazy ADM for a Z06 C8 is going to be.
I know,.......................LOL

Just think how high the GT500 prices were. The C8 Z06 will probably be a 150K car for a base model!!! lol
It's funny, but also not really funny. Pretty soon we won't be able to afford our favorite hobby. Terrible.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Just think about all of the "Buyers Remorse" when these same people, who paid a ridiculous over MSRP Priced value, try to sell these same cars and Wala, Wala, they find out how financially stupid they were, and find out they are thousands of dollars upside down on what they paid versus what the car is actually worth.
Just wait to see what this does to the places like jd power and consumer reports resale value metrics, They are going to have to but a * in every list.
F-150's lost 80% of their value in 2 years * (because dopes paid over msrp )