The 5-0 are getting faster

moosestang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Vert
New York state police used 5.0 Mustangs around 1988. I remember saving a newspaper article back then because the photo showed a blue foxbody just like the one I had at the time. They said they were tired of being outrun by those hotrod mustangs and camaros.

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
Aren’t the cops supposed to actually let you go after the speeds get above 100 especially on busy roads. I think my local department has that policy because if someone dies in the pursuit they can be held liable. If it’s like that country wide then I think a 392 charger is enough for a pursuit vehicle.

sport160

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
We have 2 black 5.0 GT police cars in our local police fleet. They are as near as damn it unmarked, they just have a shadow lettering "police" on the side doors, very subtle. The tell tale signs are the various hidden lights and the comms equipment if you're looking for it, but not necessarily easy to spot if you don't know about them

Ive seen them try to bait other cars at the lights which seems a little off to me.

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Wisconsin State Patrol had Camaros (maybe still do) and Milwaukee Sheriff has a number of different high performance vehicles that they confiscated in drug busts, including a Viper. Goading other drivers into racing was a favorite trick of a small town sheriff I knew; drove a 421 Pontiac Catalina coupe. He would only give tickets to cars that beat him... seems fair.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Wisconsin State Patrol had Camaros (maybe still do) and Milwaukee Sheriff has a number of different high performance vehicles that they confiscated in drug busts, including a Viper. Goading other drivers into racing was a favorite trick of a small town sheriff I knew; drove a 421 Pontiac Catalina coupe. He would only give tickets to cars that beat him... seems fair.
LOL

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02’ 360, 06’ GT, 11’ GT500, 15’ 911, 17’ 350
I'm glad these aren't in CA.
California isn’t immune. I’ve seen Tesla x but mustang focused - Riverside LEO had or maybe still has one if not the fastest unit cars? They Received a 2017 donor car (base 5.0-liter V8 Ford Mustang) from Frits ford. The car then went to saleen where it was prepped for a life as a S302 Saleen Mustang police car pushing out 730ish? Thing was pretty sleek.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think baiting people into racing then ticketing is gross. It'd be like opening a bank vault, putting up a sign saying "free money", then arresting anyone who took it. The crime wouldn't have happened if they hadn't orchestrated the scenario. Ostensibly they are supposed to prevent crime and keep people safe. If racing is a dangerous crime, why are they making it happen? Oh right, they're incentivized to generate revenue, not actually serve the public.
Yea I wonder how it would end up if the baited race ended up in a crash resulting in a serious accident/death.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0

Sponsored

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
In Hawaii cops use their own personal cars. In fact I saw a Mustang GT on my last trip there it didn't stand out at all until saw the government license plate.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Police in my crappy city (El Paso, TX) use Gen6 base Mustang GTs for freeway patrol too. They're marked on the sides, but with basically body-color stickers, so you need to be VERY close to see them. They're dark gray here. Wonder if they'd give a 'brother' GT/Bullitt owner a break. Ha ha.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It would be the evil street racer's fault, and the cop would get acquitted of all charges.
You mean like when cops sell drugs on the corner posting as drug dealers the bust you soon as you drive down the block? Yep no entrapment there.
Sponsored