Sponsored

The 5-0 are getting faster

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
I would not stop.... I dial 911 and let them know there is a car with flashing lights in non-traditional way... following me. I have no way of knowing if it's a real police officer or not and am not stopping until I see a marked officer. Thank you...

As your right!
When you call 911 they will let you know if its a legit traffic stop, because they will already know. Unmarked vehicles can make traffic stops in the state of Georgia. But yes, If it does not feel right always pick up the phone and find out.
Sponsored

olerodder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/A10
I did a 1300+ mile road trip down I-5 from Oregon, Northern California and across I-10 to Phoenix. I did this in my 19 White GT. I have no stripes or other distinguish marks on the car...along with no front license plate. I saw a number of marked SP Mustangs, and some that weren't in all three states. I was driving the speed limit or maybe a bit more, and surprisingly when I rolled up on a couple of cars in the fast lane, they would slow down...some moved over and some didn't, but they all slowed down to the speed limit. I think the word is out and some people take notice when they see a nondescript white or gray Mustang in their rear view mirror. Oh, one last thing, the PP2 front splitter does help keep the front end more planted at speed, just in case you wondered.
PP2 Lower Splitter.jpg

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
ba7640b3929882549e4a3499d1c4d6a6.jpg

Been going on a long, long time.

OP
OP
ice445

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I did a 1300+ mile road trip down I-5 from Oregon, Northern California and across I-10 to Phoenix. I did this in my 19 White GT. I have no stripes or other distinguish marks on the car...along with no front license plate. I saw a number of marked SP Mustangs, and some that weren't in all three states. I was driving the speed limit or maybe a bit more, and surprisingly when I rolled up on a couple of cars in the fast lane, they would slow down...some moved over and some didn't, but they all slowed down to the speed limit. I think the word is out and some people take notice when they see a nondescript white or gray Mustang in their rear view mirror. Oh, one last thing, the PP2 front splitter does help keep the front end more planted at speed, just in case you wondered.
PP2 Lower Splitter.jpg
So that explains why people get out of my way in the fast lane so often....

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Hellcat was purchased with drug seizure money. He can do that, but there was some flack for doing it, nothing illegal though. The Sheriff himself of that county drives it. Not purchased with tax payers dollars.

Some traffic units will have different cars than regular patrol vehicles. I see this one all the time. Modified by Steeda and ProCharged. Sweet little ride.
119893335.jpg

Sweet little traffic unit.

Sponsored

2019Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
In about all situations in life it’s the few who ruin it for the many. The main point of policing is to keep the honest honest. I don’t see where an undercover traffic cop is anything more than a tax man with a badge. Pull over the real threat witch is texting people.

Police are needed in our society but they have forgotten they are civil servants. For all those who forget, while on duty a cops life is worth less than the lives of the people they are sworn to protect.

Those who have forgotten their title as civil servants are the ones we’ve voted into office. Police officers don’t make the laws nor sit down and dig out ways around them - lawyers do that for us.

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
Hellcat was purchased with drug seizure money. He can do that, but there was some flack for doing it, nothing illegal though. The Sheriff himself of that county drives it. Not purchased with tax payers dollars.

Some traffic units will have different cars than regular patrol vehicles. I see this one all the time. Modified by Steeda and ProCharged. Sweet little ride.
119893335.jpg
Technically not purchased with taxpayer money. Still drug seizure money which I’m sure had an investigation behind it which was paid for using taxpayer money. Wouldn’t the money be better appropriated to investigations to stop more crime and paying officers an actual decent salary instead of on a hellcat.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
You're correct in concept, but you need to get a better understanding of how government funding works and you'll get it.
The short of it is they get paid extra $$ by government grant for certain types of enforcement vs. others.

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
That is corruption 100%, What's the sheriff's name? What's the county? Let's make him famous.

119893335.jpg
This is a marked cruiser...THIS is cool, IMO.

You can complain about them all day long, but if your family were abducted in a parking lot, by a gentleman who didn't "see" a marked unit and was nabbed by the officer in that pretty Mustang, your opinion would be different.
Bad news is, you can't pick the parts we like and don't like.
I reject that argument completely.
We benefit from medical research that was conducted by Nazis on prisoners. Does that mean that we should allow that practice?

NC252

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dwayne
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro - 2020 GMC Denali HD - 2020 GT500
Knightdale NC

Sponsored

Devil5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
There are several counties in Florida doing this now. Some already did it, but new ones now.

I forget what state it was, but there was a yellow 2017 being used that actually got pulled over by cops thinking it was a fake cop so they basically pulled themselves over. lol
this was in phoenix arizona

olerodder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/A10
For all of you out there that have had your head buried in the garage with your car, this has been going on for many decades, and is sometimes the only way police get needed resources for their departments. San Bernardino County Sheriffs Department, which at one time was 500,000 square miles,had a small air force with helicopters and fixed wing aircraft that was bigger than some small countries. They got these through drug confiscation and other illegal operations. They were allowed to sell some of this equipment at action, and allowed to keep a portion of the money to help fund the department. Broward County Florida did the same thing and had fancy cars, cigarette boats, planes, and helicopters, and did the same thing. Back in the 70's my CEO bought a Cessna 210 from them at action, and it was used for our sales department. How do I know this, I used to sell nightvision equipment to these same agencies, and the equipment they bought from me was in a large part, funded by the sale of confiscated stuff. You'd be surprised what kind of weaponry some of these departments had/have.

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
For all of you out there that have had your head buried in the garage with your car, this has been going on for many decades, and is sometimes the only way police get needed resources for their departments. San Bernardino County Sheriffs Department, which at one time was 500,000 square miles,had a small air force with helicopters and fixed wing aircraft that was bigger than some small countries. They got these through drug confiscation and other illegal operations. They were allowed to sell some of this equipment at action, and allowed to keep a portion of the money to help fund the department. Broward County Florida did the same thing and had fancy cars, cigarette boats, planes, and helicopters, and did the same thing. Back in the 70's my CEO bought a Cessna 210 from them at action, and it was used for our sales department. How do I know this, I used to sell nightvision equipment to these same agencies, and the equipment they bought from me was in a large part, funded by the sale of confiscated stuff. You'd be surprised what kind of weaponry some of these departments had/have.
Amen brother!

olerodder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/A10
I believe our police should have better equipment than the criminals do, and if you want to call them toys, by all means, you can call
them toys.
Sponsored