Sponsored

Test drive and dealership dance .

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
ICU812

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
I'll wait to see if the salesman even bothers to call me back.
I doubt I'll get a call, but he might not have known what they pulled, I did not think, after getting a p/s with numbers, signing it, and leaving a deposit, and getting bank blessing. they could then say, na, we want 6k more.
agreed on 38,5, and now they say, 44.5.
ya. puff puff pass.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I doubt I'll get a call, but he might not have known what they pulled, I did not think, after getting a p/s with numbers, signing it, and leaving a deposit, and getting bank blessing. they could then say, na, we want 6k more.
ya. puff puff pass.
What a load of crap. Not sure they are even allowed to do that. By the way, did they run a hard credit check on you? If they did and you do not buy a car from them, they need to remove it.

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
ya. puff puff pass.
Complain to your local BBB. Most dealers hate that.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
If I wanted the car I'd go to the dealer and speak first with the sales manager then the GM. If they hold fast I'd tell every customer in the store what they did.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Well that was short lived, dealership, called and because of the limited chip mess, they after getting the deposit and a sheet with numbers on it, and signing and getting the loan, that they now want 6k more than agreed.
So, looks like they will be keeping the car. My bet they have someone else willing to pay the extra 6k or was hoping I'd be fine with it.
I left a voice mail with the salesman, letting him know what the finance dept. is pulling. And I will wait to hear from him, before I decide if I post what dealership pulled this.
You should check your state laws. There's a good chance that that's a very illegal thing for them to do. If you have a written/signed agreement for the vehicle stating the purchase price and the rest of the details, you should be GTG.

Don't be a door-mat dude, raise hell with them.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Delete

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Well that was short lived, dealership, called and because of the limited chip mess, they after getting the deposit and a sheet with numbers on it, and signing and getting the loan, that they now want 6k more than agreed.
So, looks like they will be keeping the car. My bet they have someone else willing to pay the extra 6k or was hoping I'd be fine with it.
I left a voice mail with the salesman, letting him know what the finance dept. is pulling. And I will wait to hear from him, before I decide if I post what dealership pulled this.
Please forgive me if this sounds harsh, I don’t mean it to. But it’s just reality.

Every time I read a post like this I shake my head in amazement. One of three things is true:

1. We aren’t hearing the whole story.

2. You never had an accepted and signed buyer’s order to start with, without which you were only making an offer and never had a deal in the first place. An accepted and signed buyer’s order is a legal document.

3. If neither of the above is true, next time you try to buy a car please take an adult in with you.

LxMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt.
Vehicle Showcase
ICU812, If you put a deposit down, signed something and got the financing then why didn't you take the car home with you then??
What did you sign?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Please forgive me if this sounds harsh, I don’t mean it to. But it’s just reality.

Every time I read a post like this I shake my head in amazement. One of three things is true:

2. You never had an accepted and signed buyer’s order to start with, without which you were only making an offer and never had a deal in the first place. An accepted and signed buyer’s order is a legal document.

3. If neither of the above is true, next time you try to buy a car please take an adult in with you.
1621103577174.png

Sponsored

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
ICU812

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What a load of crap. Not sure they are even allowed to do that. By the way, did they run a hard credit check on you? If they did and you do not buy a car from them, they need to remove it.
YEs ,the financing was set up. knew the rate I getting, and I have the P/S with the numbers. down to the dealer fees and title cost, ect.
I'm going to bet, they have another person that wants it now, and my deal was the ford customer rebates ,and the dealer discounting the car a bunch, etc.
Called today again to talk about it, and no calls back.
no emails, nada.
My deposit has not been returned, or have they called back or emailed me ,that they are.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ICU812

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I wanted the car I'd go to the dealer and speak first with the sales manager then the GM. If they hold fast I'd tell every customer in the store what they did.
From my understanding it is, them who. the ones that turned 180* and changed the deal, hoping I not notice, and just sign for it and drive away, they were not going to even tell, me I found out when I asked for emails of the bank paperwork with rate and such. and then was like , oh by the way ,we are not going to discount the car, it be 6k more.
I then was like , nope.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
YEs ,the financing was set up. knew the rate I getting, and I have the P/S with the numbers. down to the dealer fees and title cost, ect.
I'm going to bet, they have another person that wants it now, and my deal was the ford customer rebates ,and the dealer discounting the car a bunch, etc.
Called to day again to talk about it, and no calls back.
no emails, nada.
You’re making this a lot harder than it needs to be.

If you have the documents you say you have, spend a coupla hundo on some bored attorney and go get your car.

Nut up man, don’t let the shysters steamroll you!!

OP
OP
ICU812

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

SIR,
I have sitting beside me, the P/S that list all the numbers,
the cars msrp, the ford customer rebates/discounts, the amount the dealers took off the cars (discounted), the dealer fee, the title fee, the lic plate fees, the, state taxes, my deposit amount, and the loan was approved , and what the bank check of the balance from me was.
So, SIR, you know not what you speak,
This is not my first new vehicle, WE have a new ford truck, I bought a little over a year ago.
I have bought 6 other new vehicles in my driving life.

They clearly either thought I be ok with the change, as they had no plans to even tell me.
Only when I asked for the loan doc's with rate and loan amount on it. did they say, oh, we are not going to discount it now.
I went in before I stopped at dealer and made sure I had financing and knew what rates I could get.
If they could beat it, fine , but I knew what rate I already was approved for through a bank, THEY USE!
So, Please. stop ASSUMING. as you are looking like an @$$
Sponsored

Last edited: