Sponsored

Test drive and dealership dance .

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
with no adjustment for inflation
I’m sorry, but without that adjustment there really is no point. Any S550 is technically superior to any S197. But trying to compare trim levels and options 15 years apart is apples and oranges. Now properly adjusted that $31k car is at least $40k. Yes, of course, the standard features have changed and improved. And yes many options in 2006 are now standard. But that’s just progress.

Kevindust

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 401A PP2 Active Exhaust, 2016 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport Upgrade manual, 2010 Mazdaspeed 3
I’m sorry, but without that adjustment there really is no point. Any S550 is technically superior to any S197. But trying to compare trim levels and options 15 years apart is apples and oranges. Now properly adjusted that $31k car is at least $40k. Yes, of course, the standard features have changed and improved. And yes many options in 2006 are now standard. But that’s just progress.
We are in agreement here, that is exactly my point. When inflation is taken into account, it favors the new car even more. Hammer was reminiscing about how a loaded GT used to only cost $31K and "how times have changed", inferring that new cars are more expensive now. I'm saying that times have changed...for the better.

The reality is that if we try to compare a 2006 GT Premium to a new Mustang, in performance and options, we would be looking at an Ecoboost with very few options. That's progress!

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

Sponsored

BTDUBS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Back from the dealership.
Have to wait for the sales manager to get in later today, and approve the my offer.
So a wait and see /hold. I guess.\
I hope you get the right offer. I got a 301a with safe and smart. Tires and wheels are the only immediate concern as the 235s really hold the car back. Great car, even stock.

Hammerdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 Screw 4x4
I'm sure it was a great car in its day, I had an '05 GT Premium manual too and I loved it. My point is that for the same money, with no adjustment for inflation, the 2021 Base GT is a far better car with 90% of the premium amenities from just 15 years ago.
No argument from me

OP
OP
ICU812

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Looks like I will own my first Ford, that is not a truck.
A turbo 4, with ecoboost performance package, The ford nanny package (safe and smart), magna ride, performance handling package, equipment group 201a, enhanced security package, and the 12 speaker , single c/d, audio package. And the man pedal .

The interior is ,well. Bright red. Not my first choice, but Everything else was about the way I would order a turbo 4 one. other than the ecoboost performance and handling package, but with the Ford retail offers and dealer mark down. it was less than a normal ecoboost car.

As much as I would have liked a v8 Mustang, I just could not see buying a 49-51k car.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Katzkin can fix that red interior right up. You can probably even sell the 'leather' interior on here and make some money.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Katzkin can fix that red interior right up. You can probably even sell the 'leather' interior on here and make some money.
He can dye his red seats too. Easy Peasy.

Sponsored

Weyland-Yutani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT, '17 Volvo V60 Platinum, '04 E-150
Looks like I will own my first Ford, that is not a truck.
A turbo 4, with ecoboost performance package, The ford nanny package (safe and smart), magna ride, performance handling package, equipment group 201a, enhanced security package, and the 12 speaker , single c/d, audio package. And the man pedal .

The interior is ,well. Bright red. Not my first choice, but Everything else was about the way I would order a turbo 4 one. other than the ecoboost performance and handling package, but with the Ford retail offers and dealer mark down. it was less than a normal ecoboost car.
Congrats! That's going to be a fun car. One of the cars I had narrowed down to when I bought mine had red seats and I thought they looked awesome. Enjoy!

OP
OP
ICU812

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Well that was short lived, dealership, called and because of the limited chip mess, they after getting the deposit and a sheet with numbers on it, and signing and getting the loan, that they now want 6k more than agreed.
So, looks like they will be keeping the car. My bet they have someone else willing to pay the extra 6k or was hoping I'd be fine with it.
I left a voice mail with the salesman, letting him know what the finance dept. is pulling. And I will wait to hear from him, before I decide if I post what dealership pulled this.

BEERCHAMP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Did you test drive a GT? GT with A10 and active exhaust hooked me regardless of price, I smile every time I drive it, especially deaccelerating at stop lights.............

BEERCHAMP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Well that was short lived, dealership, called and because of the limited chip mess, they after getting the deposit and a sheet with numbers on it, and signing and getting the loan, that they now want 6k more than agreed.
So, looks like they will be keeping the car. My bet they have someone else willing to pay the extra 6k or was hoping I'd be fine with it.
I left a voice mail with the salesman, letting him know what the finance dept. is pulling. And I will wait to hear from him, before I decide if I post what dealership pulled this.
That's F'up! Find another dealer if they don't honor the original deal.
Sponsored