Tech Pack Class Action Lawsuit

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
And my request they ask Ford about turning off the trans temp display...

To me, this shows a deliberate action by Ford to obfuscate the impact of the lack of coolers.

I hope it gets asked and answered.

Back in the day of the mega lawsuit, or it could have been rhe cooler thread, we came up w some minuscule numbers of affected. I think based on productions numbers the total number of affected vehicles was a bit over 4,000. We also made an attempt of what it might cost Ford and also the number of base/tech owners who would or would not go for the fix.....To some, it might not be an issue.

The thing that sucks most to me is the lack of any offer from Ford to work WITH me on a fix amd not just dump it on me.

Please remember Ford bailed on producing GT350s without trans and diff coolers since the 2016 MY. I paid $60k to be their guinea pig. I can’t imagine being screwed more than that in ADM.

@Tomster, I saw your other post to me and I’ll respond to that too. But in it, i think you say the lawsuit is impacting the resale value of GT350s.

I would argue randomly blown engines, engines that use a ridiculously amount of oil, and Ford’s willingness to market and sell a dangerous model that can put its occupants in seriouly dangerous situations all contribute to reduced values.
Just out of curiosity, when you regularly hit limp mode, under what conditions does that happen?
Sponsored

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Just out of curiosity, when you regularly hit limp mode, under what conditions does that happen?
90 degree - 100 degree weather. Can't tell you what it was back then as I didn't have the gauge enabled. Just turned it on this January and discovered the following on a 30 degree weather, the highest mine got was 197*.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Jim, you are a great guy. You do, and have done a lot for people here on this forum. You have my utmost respect. If I offended you, please accept my apologies.

I do have a horse in this race. It's my all the money I have in the GT350s I have. The first sharp decline in the resale values of GT350s seemed to result around this tech pack lawsuit fiasco. Maybe that aspect is behind us at this point (for most of us), but it has a negative impact on peoples perception of the cars I own. "Hey, isn't that one of those cars I read about that goes limp......"

All this does is make greedy lawyers rich and give Ford a bad name. Nothing will ever be done to get you a track pack transmission and differential with coolers free of charge.

I advocated for Ford to provide kits at cost and maintain warranty. Well they did offer subsidized transmissions and coolers. I know, I bought one from someone who got out of his 350. $2500 bucks, wow, that was a great deal. Thank you Ford!

May I ask, what do you think will happen with this lawsuit if successful? I am not a member of the suit. Another question, what do you hope to gain from a personal standpoint? If the lawsuit is successful, I hope a class action remedy would be something along the lines of- Ford works w affected owners to provide a manufacturers sanctioned and warrantied transmission w cooler and a rear differential cooler that maintains the diff temp display in the center dash display. Costs to be shared 50-50, Ford/Owner.
Your perspectives are yours.

I have never said I wanted anything for free so stop trying to paint that picture.

If you have sway over Ford, as you claim above, please consider making my request I put in bold.

Thank you for your consideration and contributions to the GT350 community.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I don't have any sway over Ford. It was my position in the earlier thread that Ford provide these parts to make tech owners happy. It just so happened that they did at a significantly reduced cost. Edited (in italics) to add, it was also my position that Ford not only sell discounted parts, but to not take away the warranty for the transmission and coolers installed if performed by Ford trained techs. Please refer to the old thread to refresh yourself of my position.

I'm not trying to paint any picture at all except that this suit is only good for the lawyers involved. Nothing will be righted and all that will be left is crumbs on the table to share among the class.

Once again, I feel I am striking a nerve. I value your friendship over some disagreement that will inevitably amount to nothing down the road. For that reason, I will not post here again. However, if that shark shows up here again, not only will I report it, but I will be quick to jump right back in here and express my views whether they are welcomed or not.

Take care Jim. I wish you the best in your pursuit of happiness.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
I'm not trying to paint any picture at all except that this suit is only good for the lawyers involved. Nothing will be righted and all that will be left is crumbs on the table to share among the class.
Effectively my opinion of every class action lawsuit. Lawyers make millions by throwing insane amounts of full rate billable hours at the cost number provided to the court. The "named plaintiffs" get their problems resolved plus a comparatively small amount of compensatory money compared to that raked in by the lawyers. The bulk of the class participants get something like $10 or a coupon for some service / item they will never use.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm not going to argue with anyone in this thread. I have figured out from (many) past threads that no one's mind is going to change.

I would appreciate it if people who post here try to abide by forum rules and don't insult others though. That would be awesome.

TRACK CRAZY GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT, 2010 VW GTI, 2016 Mustang GT350
The trial has not started yet... At least not in the case that is pending in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida. I just pulled up the case docket in PACER. The case went to mediation in October but did not settle at mediation. The trial was continued in December on the joint motion of the parties. A jury trial is currently set for 10/28/2019.
Thanks for that information. I received an email from the law firm yesterday that stated the trial would take place in late 2019 so your October date makes sense.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I don't have any sway over Ford. It was my position in the earlier thread that Ford provide these parts to make tech owners happy. It just so happened that they did at a significantly reduced cost. Edited (in italics) to add, it was also my position that Ford not only sell discounted parts, but to not take away the warranty for the transmission and coolers installed if performed by Ford trained techs. Please refer to the old thread to refresh yourself of my position. And they did exactly that and I upgraded my tech pack car with the Track pack trans and coolers. I used Full tilt boogies Rear end cooler and had about as much as a car with both packages would have cost. That program is not available any longer as far as I know

Once again, I feel I am striking a nerve. I value your friendship over some disagreement that will inevitably amount to nothing down the road. For that reason, I will not post here again. However, if that shark shows up here again, not only will I report it, but I will be quick to jump right back in here and express my views whether they are welcomed or not.

Take care Jim. I wish you the best in your pursuit of happiness.

Cypherious

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Has anyone else received updated information about the case? Looks like it's going before a judge on Dec 2020 to decide if it's going to trial.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
As much as disagree with much of Ford's decision making lately I hope they prevail here. This is rubbish.
Sponsored