Tail Light Out, Then Back On

OP
OP

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
When mine did it for a short time I lost the same right tail light bar as you. It came and went and restarts didn't matter. Still hasn't done it again since that short period it was doing it.
Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Put me in the intermittent right turn signal issue camp. Happened to me on the way to the hardware store a few weeks ago, then was gone as soon as I restarted the car, then again last weekend.

"Ford - We know quabity."

JR

stpolo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Premium w/Performance Pack and 50th Anniversary Pkg
I'm also having this issue. It just started last week and will come and go with my outside outer most passenger light not blinking when signalling. It still illuminates solid, but no blink. I'll keep researching, but most likely will take it in to the dealer to see what they say. Seems like the cold could be the reason? It's single digits here in Wisco! I'll share once I know more.

HexaNerva

EL 5OH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Took mine in and had them perform the SSM 47429 and after a week of daily driving the taillight has been working as intended.

Zissou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
I am now occasionally having this issue. The right bar on the right turn single will go out, but if I restart the car its fine. I am wondering when this happens for others? Mine has never gone out right when I start the car, its always after I have been driving for awhile.
This absolutely happens to me right now, been fighting through the issue

Sponsored

The Great Gazoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Silver GT/Auto
Same issue here with my '15 - middle bar on the left side doesn't always light up on turn signal and causes hyperflashing. I know my battery is weak though as I have been using the parking mode on my dashcam for over a year. Battery is 4.5 years old now so probably time for a new one anyway. I'll get the flash done on a following service call too.

Glad I found this thread - now I know why. :)

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
Same issue here with my '15 - middle bar on the left side doesn't always light up on turn signal and causes hyperflashing. I know my battery is weak though as I have been using the parking mode on my dashcam for over a year. Battery is 4.5 years old now so probably time for a new one anyway. I'll get the flash done on a following service call too.

Glad I found this thread - now I know why. :)
I think it is likely the battery. I replaced mine a few months ago and haven't had it happen since.

Zissou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
I had that TSB 47429 done by the dealer in town and that fixed this far right bar being out intermittently for me!
They charged a half hour of labor, so it was fairly reasonable. Lot cheaper than buying a new tail lamp!

Mr. Met

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
I had that TSB 47429 done by the dealer in town and that fixed this far right bar being out intermittently for me!
They charged a half hour of labor, so it was fairly reasonable. Lot cheaper than buying a new tail lamp!
Good to hear that worked for you. So far my new battery seems to have fixed the issue. Are you still under warranty? My dealer told me the reprogram isn't covered by Ford's ESP but I dont think that's right.

Zissou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
Good to hear that worked for you. So far my new battery seems to have fixed the issue. Are you still under warranty? My dealer told me the reprogram isn't covered by Ford's ESP but I dont think that's right.
Out of warranty, I'm in a 2016 with a warranty that started in 2015. They charged a half hour labor, so I had to pay that which was about $70.

Sponsored

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Driver side middle tri bar stuck in brake light mode. Went to dealer and had the BCM reprogrammed and it did nothing. $135. I had my battery checked at Autozone and all good. Tailight led motherboard has shorted. I am not going to replace it. Sucks to be behind me is all I will say.

Mr. Met

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
Driver side middle tri bar stuck in brake light mode. Went to dealer and had the BCM reprogrammed and it did nothing. $135. I had my battery checked at Autozone and all good. Tailight led motherboard has shorted. I am not going to replace it. Sucks to be behind me is all I will say.
Yea, that sounds like a different issue. From what I understand, reprogramming the BCMB is to fix the issue with the light not working (SSM 45895).

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Happened to me exactly one time so far. When I turned the vehicle off and restarted maybe a half hour later, my issue went away. I'm on the original battery and sometimes it stays parked for a week at a time so maybe a dip in battery voltage is it.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I ended up having to replace my battery over the holidays. I went out to start the car one day and it was completely dead. So the taillight issue may have been an early warning.

CMoney3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carson
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I was having this issue almost daily on my ‘15 GT where the right taillight middle bar was not working during braking and turn signal. Restarting the car seemed to work for a little while. I ended up replacing the battery and has worked fine since.
Sponsored