Tail Light Out, Then Back On

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
my drivers side taillight was inconsistent in how it worked, I replaced both taillights with a set from CJ''s Pony parts and all is good now...
Sponsored

fsvec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Francisco
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Ecoboost
Been having this issue with my euros for over a year, any one figure it out?
My oem euros are acting funny when the car is started, but work fine in accessory power. It's not necessary the same issue you guys have pointed out, but similar. Did you ever resolve this?

Do you happen to know if swapping the bcmb changes anything or if I need to program it at all? My lights are having the same issue and it stops after vehicle is power cycled. I am currently in the process of getting one off an 18 so I can fix this. Any insight would greatly be appreciated.
Did switching to a newer model bcmb do anything for you?

stpolo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Premium w/Performance Pack and 50th Anniversary Pkg
Update - My light has not gone out since changing out my battery.

5-OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I love this site, you guys are on point. I started having this issue on my 2015 GT, with the driver side taillight [[[I upgraded to 18ā€™+]]] but had the problem a couple times with the old stock lights and now the new ones. Iā€™m glad to read thatā€™s itā€™s due to lack of use. My car only has about 8k miles on it, Iā€™ve owned it since new and enjoy it as much as I can but life is crazy busy. Most likely itā€™s a low battery problem on mine.

5-OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I love this site, you guys are on point. I started having this issue on my 2015 GT, with the driver side taillight [[[I upgraded to 18ā€™+]]] but had the problem a couple times with the old stock lights and now the new ones. Iā€™m glad to read thatā€™s itā€™s due to lack of use. My car only has about 8k miles on it, Iā€™ve owned it since new and enjoy it as much as I can but life is crazy busy. Most likely itā€™s a low battery problem on mine.
sorry pic of my old lady automatic s/c grandma car.

C13DFA55-E6DF-41A2-BF47-5A6D7882C49E.jpeg

Sponsored

SimonP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Premium 2015
Only a few times has my right turn, right segment, not illuminated during a right turn. The click sounds speeds up as though a light is out.

My plan is to not turn off the signal, and then pull over, and then take a video with my phone. This is to prove to the dealer that it happens sporadically, and then get it covered under warranty (which runs out this September).

I heard there is a "sequencer" circuit that causes the segments to light in succession.
I had same issue about 3 years ago which went away. Same happened a month ago went away and then again this week. My 'inspection' is next week so tried to find problem. After reading a few threads I concluded that my battery was probably low (winter and only a few short (very) trips and so I did the BCM reset (10 headlamp flashes, three brake paddle pushes - and I saw battery light flash for first time). Did the job - Thanks to those who suggested it.

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
My 2015 is doing this now

angelg1674

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angel
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang
My 2015 mustang was having this problem for a while but it was intermittent and so I didnā€™t really worry until now that it has been persistent and now a single bar on the passenger side tail light is out and has been out for the last month. I took it to ford and they just took my money and I walked out with the same problem. Either they didnā€™t reprogram it like they told me or reprogramming the BCM like I read didnā€™t work. I hate that this isnā€™t a recall. I also unplugged the battery for 30 mins to reset the car and still no luck. Iā€™ll try to disconnect and reconnect the tail light to see if that fixes anything but does anyone have any idea what it could be? I really thought that the reprogramming would fix it. Everything else with the car works like a charm, itā€™s only the tail light that I started having the issue last year. I can try swapping out the battery but thatā€™s an expense that Iā€™d rather try to avoid since the battery is working perfectly fine. I also saw somewhere about a BCM reset with the brights and brake pedal, is that something that may fix it and if so how do I do it?

Sponsored

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
My 2015 mustang was having this problem for a while but it was intermittent and so I didnā€™t really worry until now that it has been persistent and now a single bar on the passenger side tail light is out and has been out for the last month. I took it to ford and they just took my money and I walked out with the same problem. Either they didnā€™t reprogram it like they told me or reprogramming the BCM like I read didnā€™t work. I hate that this isnā€™t a recall. I also unplugged the battery for 30 mins to reset the car and still no luck. Iā€™ll try to disconnect and reconnect the tail light to see if that fixes anything but does anyone have any idea what it could be? I really thought that the reprogramming would fix it. Everything else with the car works like a charm, itā€™s only the tail light that I started having the issue last year. I can try swapping out the battery but thatā€™s an expense that Iā€™d rather try to avoid since the battery is working perfectly fine. I also saw somewhere about a BCM reset with the brights and brake pedal, is that something that may fix it and if so how do I do it?
How old is the battery

Farkel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Premium PP1, 2012 Jeep JK, 2022 Harley 48
... I also saw somewhere about a BCM reset with the brights and brake pedal, is that something that may fix it and if so how do I do it?
That's to reset the BMS (battery management system), not the BCM.

Farkel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Premium PP1, 2012 Jeep JK, 2022 Harley 48
Could resetting the bms help?
That's something to let the charging system know when a new battery is installed. I doubt it would have any effect on your taillight.
Sponsored