Sponsored

Tail Light Out, Then Back On

j_marinelli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Got a dumb question. Does having Ford reprogram the BCMB module mess with an aftermarket tune on the car? Wasn't sure if the reprogram would scrub the aftermarket tune.

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Got a dumb question. Does having Ford reprogram the BCMB module mess with an aftermarket tune on the car? Wasn't sure if the reprogram would scrub the aftermarket tune.
No it’s completely separate. If you’re still within bumper to bumper, take it to ford. If not just grab one off ebay. I know all about the cheap coupe takeoff bcmb’s because I bought several trying to get them to work on my vert and they fixed my taillights but I lost control of my convertible top. Ended up having to order one from ford because I couldn’t find any convertible bcmbs

Last edited:

j_marinelli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
No it’s completely separate. If you’re still within bumper to bumper, take it to ford. If not just grab one off ebay. I know all about the cheap coupe takeoff bcmb’s because I bought several trying to get them to work on my very and they fixed my taillights but I lost control of my convertible top. Ended up having to order one from ford because I couldn’t find any convertible bcmbs
Thank you! Not sure if the Extended Warranty will pick it up but I will talk to Ford and find out next week.

Sponsored

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
I was a victim of this problem as well and don't know if upgrading to the oem 18 and up tail lights was the issue but bought an 18/19 BCMB from midway mustangs on eBay (bought plenty of other stuff from them as well) and so far so good. it was $29 for the BCMB.

OLD/NEW-ish

IMG_1031.jpg

FourdBanger18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Mustang
Driver side middle tri bar stuck in brake light mode. Went to dealer and had the BCM reprogrammed and it did nothing. $135. I had my battery checked at Autozone and all good. Tailight led motherboard has shorted. I am not going to replace it. Sucks to be behind me is all I will say.
Where did you get a replacement motherboard from? I had my bcm reprogrammed and it did nothing neither to mine. Got assed out by a dealer

FourdBanger18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Mustang
Where did you get a replacement motherboard from? I had my bcm reprogrammed and it did nothing neither to mine. Got assed out by a dealer
Oof didn’t read it well enough. Well guess I’m in the same boat then

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Oof didn’t read it well enough. Well guess I’m in the same boat then
It's the tailight. I got a hold of a member on here that was selling a set of OEMs for a great price. Happened to live 20 min away. Great guy, great price. Fixed the problem. I have a passenger spare should it shit itself.

FourdBanger18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Mustang
It's the tailight. I got a hold of a member on here that was selling a set of OEMs for a great price. Happened to live 20 min away. Great guy, great price. Fixed the problem. I have a passenger spare should it shit itself.
I’m wondering what the heck is happening to mine. My bcm thinks I have low battery or something. I have to bcms now (one “reset” by a dealer) other I got from eBay. Both have partial tail light failure in right tail light. I’m wondering if it’s one of the wires itself. It can’t be my unit because this occurs on the right side whether it’s EUROS or stock. Oof

Sponsored

Zissou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
Been having this issue with my euros for over a year, any one figure it out?
Having the dealer address TSB 47429 fixed it for me. Basically just a reflash or software update I think. No parts replacement were required. My 38th post on this thread mentions it. Has not returned since (almost 2 years)

Zissou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
I had that TSB 47429 done by the dealer in town and that fixed this far right bar being out intermittently for me!
They charged a half hour of labor, so it was fairly reasonable. Lot cheaper than buying a new tail lamp!
Bumping this up to the end of the thread. Multi quotes are kind of a pain on the phone if they're on diff pages lol

1Slow5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt premium
No it’s completely separate. If you’re still within bumper to bumper, take it to ford. If not just grab one off ebay. I know all about the cheap coupe takeoff bcmb’s because I bought several trying to get them to work on my vert and they fixed my taillights but I lost control of my convertible top. Ended up having to order one from ford because I couldn’t find any convertible bcmbs
Do you happen to know if swapping the bcmb changes anything or if I need to program it at all? My lights are having the same issue and it stops after vehicle is power cycled. I am currently in the process of getting one off an 18 so I can fix this. Any insight would greatly be appreciated.
Sponsored