capt_sneaky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Hello,

I my knowledge on suspension and overall cars is limited so i am wondering any recommendations for suspension upgrades for a lowered mustang on Eibach Pro-Lowering Kit w/ Eibach's Front and Rear sway bars. The wheels are 20X10 275/35/20 MPS4S. Any suspension upgrades that would make this car less bumpy around town and on the highway. I am already looking at upgrading the stock shocks and struts with Koni Active Strut and Shocks for both the rear and front.
Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Hello,

I my knowledge on suspension and overall cars is limited so i am wondering any recommendations for suspension upgrades for a lowered mustang on Eibach Pro-Lowering Kit w/ Eibach's Front and Rear sway bars. The wheels are 20X10 275/35/20 MPS4S. Any suspension upgrades that would make this car less bumpy around town and on the highway. I am already looking at upgrading the stock shocks and struts with Koni Active Strut and Shocks for both the rear and front.
Hard pass on the Koni or Steeda Actives. Stay away from gimmicky type stuff. I would personally recommend the Ford Performance track dampers (don't let the track in the name fool you) and replacing the stock rear shock mounts with aftermarket. Bilstein B6 dampers are also good to consider with many good reviews on them already.

Aside from that, there isn't much you can do. Your car is lower to the ground and has stiffer spring rate than stock. It's going to be a firm ride. It's more responsive from the spring rate and you have reduced travel by lowering the ride height. But the ultimate goal IMO is firm AND controlled. The stock shocks do a poor job of controlling things, which is made worse with your lowering springs.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT

Sponsored

OP
OP
capt_sneaky

capt_sneaky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
Hard pass on the Koni or Steeda Actives. Stay away from gimmicky type stuff. I would personally recommend the Ford Performance track dampers (don't let the track in the name fool you) and replacing the stock rear shock mounts with aftermarket. Bilstein B6 dampers are also good to consider with many good reviews on them already.

Aside from that, there isn't much you can do. Your car is lower to the ground and has stiffer spring rate than stock. It's going to be a firm ride. It's more responsive from the spring rate and you have reduced travel by lowering the ride height. But the ultimate goal IMO is firm AND controlled. The stock shocks do a poor job of controlling things, which is made worse with your lowering springs.
I would like to have a smoother ride for city driving. I live in MI so the ride
IMO no. Ford Performance or Bilstein or not at all.
What makes them different from other brands ? I understand a little about the ford performance but in your opinion/experience with other brands what were the fall backs? vs the Pros

OP
OP
capt_sneaky

capt_sneaky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
I'd keep your springs and do as suggested: Ford Performance M-18000-F or Bilstein B6 all around. You'll love it with the rates of the Pro-kit. Great street setup.

I guess its decided.

Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT

What makes them different from other brands ? I understand a little about the ford performance but in your opinion/experience with other brands what were the fall backs? vs the Pros
In a word? Quality. As @Brian@BMVK said it would be excellent for your spring rates. As to the technical explanation as to why they are better - our resident suspension experts can chime in on that.

Yep. Those are the ones.

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold

1) Monotubes - some people like to make this sound scary but I know @Roadway 5.0 saw the light and the ride & handling magic of monotubes with excellent valving and construction
2) Valving specific for spring rates right about yours/slightly higher

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
Hello,

I installed the Koni Yellow shocks on my 2019 PP and it really settled the suspension down a lot. You can't go wrong with the FP Track dampers, Koni Yellows, or Bilstein B6/B8s.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Douglas,

Sent you a message - we have some great options here at Steeda that can fit into your budget & plans ... including improving your ride quality.

Look forward to speaking with you.

TJ

LethalBlake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F150
Whats your goals for the car besides daily driver? Any plans for adding power in the future? Give me a call or send me a message we can go over your goals and pick whats best for you!

#teamlethal
Sponsored