Sponsored

Chassis upgrades worth it for a daily driver?

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
Strut tower braces,you car should have come with them...
The strut tower, cowl and K-braces are standard on PP1, PP2 and EBPP cars. Certain other cars/options will get you some of the parts, I think convertibles get the cowl brace and 20" wheels come with the K-brace. My car came with the K-brace and PP sway bars, I have no idea why.
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I have those pro action steeda non adjustable struts and shocks paired to their progressive springs, also adjustable camber plate and the billet mount shocks.

I enjoy them, made my car a sporty daily. Handles great and still comfortable enough for driving on fair roads.

I also tossed the ford perf struttower brace piece. Big difference but I didn’t have one first hand.

if you do all this make sure you get the sub frame alignment dowel pins or whatever. It was like 25 bucks and just was reassuring to have car aligned up.

adjustable shocks and struts didn’t interest me, imo I was never going to change the settings. The pro action ones are a nice proven product.
Oh yeah I have their sway bars too. They are beefy mofos

car handles like a champ.

had some new bg shift fluid tossed in recently snapped a photo. Here’s the sways and you can see the blue springs

96556C43-002F-4F84-95F2-D8F649C4EF17.jpeg

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you're gonna do CB005, just do the 762 which is a superset of 005. Or pair up the Whiteline KDT943 005 with Steeda's brace.
That Whiteline kit looks very similar to the CB010, but at a fraction of the cost. What am I missing?
There's a thread that announced the release of the CB762 that had a bit of discussion concerning it's use in conjunction with other kits. Bmr input is that the CB005/CB762 combination is about as "locked down" as the subframe can get, but for street use it's probably overkill. That's the reason I decided to go with the CB010/CB762 combination, it's stiffer than the CB005 alone and should be more than adequate for anything a street car will ever see.
OTOH, now that I have everything else installed, the CB762 is on the back burner. I'm just not convinced that I have the need for the CB762 anymore, the car feels great the way it is. Most people here go with the CB005 and are happy with it, even for track use, I'd be inclined to think they are right.

Last edited:

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
There's a thread that announced the release of the CB762 that had a bit of discussion concerning it's use in conjunction with other kits. Bmr input is that the CB005/CB762 combination is about as "locked down" as the subframe can get, but for street use it's probably overkill. That's the reason I decided to go with the CB010/CB762 combination, it's stiffer than the CB005 alone and should be more than adequate for anything a street car will ever see.
OTOH, now that I have everything else installed, the CB762 is on the back burner. I'm just not convinced that I have the need for the CB762 anymore, the car feels great the way it is. Most people here go with the CB005 and are happy with it, even for track use, I'd be inclined to think they are right.
Yep.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
That Whiteline kit looks very similar to the CB010, but at a fraction of the cost. What am I missing?
nothing. It's made of softer material and doesn't make noise like the others. What BMR charges for the CB010 is preposterous.

Sponsored

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing. It's made of softer material and doesn't make noise like the others. What BMR charges for the CB010 is preposterous.
Now that you mention it, I guess it is kind of high for what it is. I'd always seen it as a bargain compared to Steeda's version.
Price aside, I'll stick with the BMR product. I don't see "softer" being an improvement and the Steeda kit doesn't do it for me.

I feel like I'm ragging on the Steeda products in this thread and I do not want to sound that way. I have, and am very happy with, a number of their products and their customer service is generally excellent. This thread has made me realize that, as I look at the various sections on the Steeda site, there are areas of the car that I feel they do well and other areas, like the rear suspension, where I think others have done it better.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I just went with the Steeda 2-point front G-brace, and rear sub-frame braces, which don't require messing with the sub-frame, nor having to re-align the car. And that improved the handling to an acceptable level, so I'm okay for now. If I have to ever re-align the car, I'd probably buy a sub-frame lockout kit (BMR CB010, or a similar Steeda kit... if available), to make sure it never moves... and IF it doesn't affect NVH (does it? Thx).

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
The Whiteline is way cheaper! But, softer May not be what I want to remove the play. Anyone actually have the whiteline model? Do they accept the dowel alignment pins like the BMR or Steeda?

Does the BMR or Steeda causes any noises or increased NVH?

So, are the BMR and Steeda models made from Metal and the Whiteline made from polyurethane?

Anyone here actually have the whiteline model?

Thanks!

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
Was thinking about purchasing a few parts from Steeda and was wondering how much of a difference it would make (if any) for daily driving purposes just in terms of wanting a better handling car if it would be noticeable. No track use whatsoever planned at the moment. Can you guys let me know if you think it would be worth it or a waste of money for a 'spirited' daily driver?

Parts in question:
Steeda Stop the Hop Kit Starter
https://www.steeda.com/Steeda-S550-Mustang-Stop-The-Hop-Starter-Kit-555-4455

Steeda Extreme K-Member Brace
https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-extreme-g-trac-brace-2015-555-5532.html

Ford Performance Strut Tower Brace
https://www.steeda.com/ford-performance-m-20201-ma-s550-strut-tower-brace
What you have is good. The only other things you might consider adding are.
1. Steeda pro action shocks.

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-pro-action-shocks-and-struts-for-s550-non-adjustable-en.html
2. Steeda Mustang sportlowering springs.

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-mustang-sport-springs-coupe-2015-555-8208.html

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What you have is good. The only other things you might consider adding are.
1. Steeda pro action shocks.

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-pro-action-shocks-and-struts-for-s550-non-adjustable-en.html

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-mustang-sport-springs-coupe-2015-555-8208.html
Those dampers seem to be way overpriced IMO, for just a few bucks more you can find the FRPP package (M-18000-F) which includes jounce bumpers, boots, spring seats and better dampers.
Springs are a common addition to an upgrade like this and can be had from a number of good suppliers in various rates. The OP mentioned working with a budget so there hasn't been much mention of springs, but if the OP is open to the addition, I'm sure he'll receive plenty of good advice based on his/her needs.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Buy the full thing as a kit and buy Black Friday like 30% off

I bought dampers, springs, sways, mounts, camber plates, etc all at once at Black Friday for a great deal and also the bf pricing

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The Whiteline is way cheaper! But, softer May not be what I want to remove the play.
it removes play, plenty. And the car is quiet as a mouse.

Anyone actually have the whiteline model?
that would be me.
Do they accept the dowel alignment pins like the BMR or Steeda?
the full replacement kit doesn't of course - no need. The 'insert' style could as well - likely the BMR length. I have the material and dimensions and can run some off on my lathe. The length is not critical in any event just as long as it's not too long. Just chop off a bit with a hack saw if needed.
Does the BMR or Steeda causes any noises or increased NVH?
My other Mustang I did BMR and it's considerably noisier. Not obnoxious like using the too-hard inserts on the differential 'fix-it' kits, but you can definitely tell. Let's call it 'road hum'.

So, are the BMR and Steeda models made from Metal and the Whiteline made from polyurethane?
Steeda is 6061 aluminum. BMR uses 95shore PU and steel for their inserts, or Delrin for their full-replacement kit. Whiteline is 85shore PU.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
adjustable version or don't bother.
borderline too much drop that then invokes a lot more changes. And the spring rate change is not worth the cost nor hassle unless changing out dampers.

Replace junk PP1 rear shocks with Bilstein (easy and inexpensive), leave all the springs alone and fix the IRS/Chassis and get a proper alignment. Then see if you really want to do more.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
it removes play, plenty. And the car is quiet as a mouse.

that would be me.

the full replacement kit doesn't of course - no need. The 'insert' style could as well - likely the BMR length. I have the material and dimensions and can run some off on my lathe. The length is not critical in any event just as long as it's not too long. Just chop off a bit with a hack saw if needed.

My other Mustang I did BMR and it's considerably noisier. Not obnoxious like using the too-hard inserts on the differential 'fix-it' kits, but you can definitely tell. Let's call it 'road hum'.

Steeda is 6061 aluminum. BMR uses 95shore PU and steel for their inserts, or Delrin for their full-replacement kit. Whiteline is 85shore PU.
Thank you for the info! Do you notice a difference between the BMR performance wise? Seems like a great alternative to BMR / Steeda at a much more palatable price lol. If they perform equally... I’m not sure what you meant by “full kit” though. I’m asking about the 010 versus the Whiteline. I could be wrong, but I believe the alignment dowels are a separate item for the BMR.

Quiet is good. The Steeda and BMR are proven. I have a convertible so it limits some of the BMR options other than the 010.

Just looking to solidify the differential...

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
For both the IRS and differential (they are not the same thing!) the alternatives are 'inserts' or total replacement. Total replacement means literally cutting the old bushing out of it's receptacle. Total replacement is IMO the right thing to do but means the install is more expensive and you can never go back to factory crap.

Comparing the Whiteline car to the BMR car (as it concerns IRS fixes) is difficult since one is a GT, the other an EB and they had very different suspension, springs and bracing. But in either case I was equally happy with the IRS 'connected feel' of both solutions. But the BMR car is quite a bit noisier.

Now as it concerns the Differential the absolute minimum needs to be the diameter-reducing tube/metal bushing that comes in the $50 kits from BMR/Lethal. The grade 12 fasteners you can install if you want but it's the tube that matters. Otherwise both BMR and Steeda have what I call "pucks" that you bolt into place to sandwich the factory rubber. All of them make quite a bit of noise and I recommend against. The Whiteline kit has you cut the factory bushings out and replace with PU and you get zero gear whine or other obnoxious noise.
Sponsored