Supercharger....which one?

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I have the Edelbrock which is a tvs, installation is not hard if you are mechanically inclined and have help lowering the blower on to the engine. The Edelbrock is very quiet though so if you want the whine, go whipple.
TVS whines pretty good. This is with only a 3.00”/76mm. It’s even louder with a 2.80”/72mm.

Sponsored

brianbr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic GT PP
I run a 3inch on mine as well but I think the stock throttle body and air box keep it quiet.

HMH-465 Warhorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Just picked up a new Kenne Bell 3.2L........ New redsigned blower and will make some steam and no toaster issues

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium

Sponsored

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
what options do I have if I want:
  1. 2022 50 state carb legal
  2. low end, more instant feeling torque (one thing I miss from my ecoboost lol)
  3. nothing crazy, maybe 600 whp
  4. plug and play, never have to tune again or upgrade other parts like the clutch etc
From what I've seen, only whipple (their 22 is in the process of being carb approved) or procharger offers something that meets all these criteria? Would consider Roush but when I contact them they say they can't disclose if the 22 is undergoing CARB or not

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
My options at this point for my 22Gt are the VMP Odin which is a tried and tested magnuson 2650 or the gen5 whipple 3.0. Personally I know the magnuson 2650 is the higher quality piece and should flow as good if not better than the whipple, but I've always wanted a whipple since the 03/04 cobra days. That being said, I had the 2650 on my ZL1 for a while and it was awesome. Problem with the 2650 though is the boost ramps in like a centri blower. You dont get that immediate power on tq like the whipple would bring. So Ive come full circle...lol But It will probably be the whipple honestly.

Cux211

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
22 f250 6.7 platinum tremor
This rabbit hole is gonna give me a stroke lol stuck between whipple and ess with 120mm pulley. It is a tremec car any thoughts

Sponsored

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
My options at this point for my 22Gt are the VMP Odin which is a tried and tested magnuson 2650 or the gen5 whipple 3.0. Personally I know the magnuson 2650 is the higher quality piece and should flow as good if not better than the whipple, but I've always wanted a whipple since the 03/04 cobra days. That being said, I had the 2650 on my ZL1 for a while and it was awesome. Problem with the 2650 though is the boost ramps in like a centri blower. You dont get that immediate power on tq like the whipple would bring. So Ive come full circle...lol But It will probably be the whipple honestly.
You KNOW that do ya? I think you may have a few things backwards in your post above. The 2650 on the Odin/Loki kits pulls more in the low end than then the Whipple does. That's one of the "selling" points of the Loki/Odin is that it has a lot more low end torque. The Whipple Gen 5's actually have a bypass that allows for no boost in low RPM situations like idle and off idle to allow the car to act more stockish down low, then, as vacuum increases, the bypass closes and the boost builds from there. As for quality between VMP and Whipple, having owned both, I think BOTH are high enough quality, I wouldn't want to live off the difference. The other thing is the Whipple will out flow the VMP, especially up top.

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
You KNOW that do ya? I think you may have a few things backwards in your post above. The 2650 on the Odin/Loki kits pulls more in the low end than then the Whipple does. That's one of the "selling" points of the Loki/Odin is that it has a lot more low end torque. The Whipple Gen 5's actually have a bypass that allows for no boost in low RPM situations like idle and off idle to allow the car to act more stockish down low, then, as vacuum increases, the bypass closes and the boost builds from there. As for quality between VMP and Whipple, having owned both, I think BOTH are high enough quality, I wouldn't want to live off the difference. The other thing is the Whipple will out flow the VMP, especially up top.
Yes I KNOW that. I have hundreds of logs of my maggie 2650R TVS setup on my ZL1. I have used this same rotor pack extensively and I know what the boost curve looks like. And comparing that to the Twin screw of the whipple, its night and day different. The TS will hit very hard off the tip in, and the TVS will ramp in boost. These are facts from someone thats used the 2650 a bit more than you. Here is the initial boost hit (6psi) from a dig at the drag strip on my 21 ZL1 with maggie 2650 with 90mm pulley. It would top out around 14PSI at wot, ramping in as RPM went up.

1681314217490.png

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
As for the bypass comment you made, yes the magnuson blowers also have a bypass valve. And they also have a NOS jet in the vacuum hose to slow down the valve from closing so when you are driving normal and lean on the throttle, it doesnt slam shut and go into boost. That makes for a very jerky ride when the bypass valve is opening and closing that fast. Part of the reason why the maggie is lazy down low, but mostly because of how that rotorpack builds boost.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Yes I KNOW that. I have hundreds of logs of my maggie 2650R TVS setup on my ZL1. I have used this same rotor pack extensively and I know what the boost curve looks like. And comparing that to the Twin screw of the whipple, its night and day different. The TS will hit very hard off the tip in, and the TVS will ramp in boost. These are facts from someone thats used the 2650 a bit more than you. Here is the initial boost hit (6psi) from a dig at the drag strip on my 21 ZL1 with maggie 2650 with 90mm pulley. It would top out around 14PSI at wot, ramping in as RPM went up.

1681314217490.png
Ummm. Nope. TVS does not ramp in boost... Perhaps you had an issue with your previous set up.

I get all the boost as soon as I hit the go pedal...

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Ummm. Nope. TVS does not ramp in boost... Perhaps you had an issue with your previous set up.

I get all the boost as soon as I hit the go pedal...
Until you post actual data like I did with a log, then you can call BS all day and it holds ZERO water. This is a very well known characteristic of the magnuson 2650 rotorpack. Yall in the mustang world act like nobody else has these and has any experience with them.

And furthermore we are specifically speaking about the TVS 2650R Magnuson rotorpack. Not some garbage eaton TVS of previous gen TVS setups. So make sure you are talking about the VMP Odin blower here because I believe its the only mustang blower that uses the 2650R rotorpack. Any other TVS blower is not this like the roush TVS or any rear inlet TVS setup. Those are different blowers completely.
Sponsored