Supercharger....which one?

danno1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
I know this question is very general. But maybe a "narrowed down" answer might be a guide. Requirements would be:

1) Installed with minimal modification
2) Use existing exhaust. Active Valve. (resonator delete).
3) 93 Octane
4) Low end performance
5)Max HP
Sponsored

OP
OP
danno1

danno1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Whipple. Roush isn’t even close enough to warrant a comparison.
I know both are well known. But I assume Whipple has the advantage in what ways?
How about Procharger?

Sponsored

Brad1810r80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 2018 F150
Any roots style supercharger, you’re not getting max power out of 93 so any these roots style will be fine. Roush is the worse but can be good with some heat mods. Odin and Whipple good out of the box.

mangosmoothie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2019 Boolet
I have a P1X stage 2. The higher the rpm, the greater the power difference from stock. But it feels like a stockish car more or less until 5k.

I decided to go centri for a couple reasons. I like the fun noises they make. I have a bullitt so already have the GT350 intake mani+tb which I wanted to keep and utilize. Centrris make lower torque in the lower/mid range than PD blowers. They're also generally more efficient. This reduces risk of detonation, it's easier on the driveline, and traction isn't as much of a problem. Centris are a little bit simplier in the sense that there's no water lines or cooling/heatsoak issues. The stage 2 procharger had a larger intercooler, and gave a separate drive which I liked for reliability purposes. Can always just snip the belt and drive it like a normal car.

Since I'm 91 only, I was going for maximum efficiency to minimize risk of detonation. So I opted to go P1X headunit and kooks 1 7/8 headers.

If you're looking for a night and day difference as soon as you hit the throttle at 3k rpms, centri isn't for you.

I think whipple might be what you're looking for. They're very efficient. Twin screw units make more low end than centri, but are typically more efficient than roots. That's what you want if you're using 91/93. Roots like TVS/Roush/Edelbrock/VMP may make a little more torque but whipple usually trumps them on hp.

My car makes ~400 wtq at 3k. Whipple cars are close to 500 wtq. Stock was about 340 wtq. Going for maximum hp on 91/93 is a dangerous game anyway.

Last edited:

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
I know this question is very general. But maybe a "narrowed down" answer might be a guide. Requirements would be:

1) Installed with minimal modification
2) Use existing exhaust. Active Valve. (resonator delete).
3) 93 Octane
4) Low end performance
5)Max HP
I guess it depends on what you plan to do with it also. Do you want to install it and just stay with it as is or do you want to tune/mod it further?

I have roush phase 2 and super happy with it so far. It provides more power than I would ever need, their tune has been working great so, it was installed by the dealer and has the warranty, I have no interest in chasing times on a drag strip and don't care about heatsoak too much. I'm not planning to tune it or do anything else with it, it's great in it's stock form and I'll keep it that way. If I planned to go for more power and/or lived in a hot climate, I would look into something else like Whipple.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
Whipple 3.0 stage 2. Was on the fence with whipple or pro charger. Whipple is dead silent if ur wanting whine. But damn does it rip. Kit was easy instal and complete. Very happy. Love the sound of a pro charger but I’m happy

Sponsored

jojo4711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ GT Premium
I went with the VMP Odin about 2 months ago. No regrets. The person that installed it said it was the easiest supercharger install he has done. Everything was complete, everything fit under the hood and it rips. I run about 35 degrees over ambient just driving around. Temps drop when I get on it.

OP
OP
danno1

danno1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
I went with the VMP Odin about 2 months ago. No regrets. The person that installed it said it was the easiest supercharger install he has done. Everything was complete, everything fit under the hood and it rips. I run about 35 degrees over ambient just driving around. Temps drop when I get on it.
What HP are you producing?

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
Problem now is you have missed the sales or are about to miss em all. Like 10-15% off the kits

jojo4711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ GT Premium
What HP are you producing?
Not sure yet. Just running 93 tune, long tubes and 88mm pulley along with the Odin kit. I would guess around 650hp. Upgraded tires, traction comes at a premium in 1-3 and under 60mph.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I have a P1X stage 2. The higher the rpm, the greater the power difference from stock. But it feels like a stockish car more or less until 5k.

I decided to go centri for a couple reasons. I like the fun noises they make. I have a bullitt so already have the GT350 intake mani+tb which I wanted to keep and utilize. Centrris make lower torque in the lower/mid range than PD blowers. They're also generally more efficient. This reduces risk of detonation, it's easier on the driveline, and traction isn't as much of a problem. Centris are a little bit simplier in the sense that there's no water lines or cooling/heatsoak issues. The stage 2 procharger had a larger intercooler, and gave a separate drive which I liked for reliability purposes. Can always just snip the belt and drive it like a normal car.

Since I'm 91 only, I was going for maximum efficiency to minimize risk of detonation. So I opted to go P1X headunit and kooks 1 7/8 headers.

If you're looking for a night and day difference as soon as you hit the throttle at 3k rpms, centri isn't for you.

I think whipple might be what you're looking for. They're very efficient. Twin screw units make more low end than centri, but are typically more efficient than roots. That's what you want if you're using 91/93. Roots like TVS/Roush/Edelbrock/VMP may make a little more torque but whipple usually trumps them on hp.

My car makes ~400 wtq at 3k. Whipple cars are close to 500 wtq. Stock was about 340 wtq. Going for maximum hp on 91/93 is a dangerous game anyway.
At 3k I am already making boost so it really depends on how you setup your centrifugal. You are never going to match a root or TVS down low but you definitely don’t need to wait until 5k to make boost. If he is talking about a 10auto he will never know that there was anything missing down low. They gain rpm so fast that it’s almost off the line. If it’s a manual go Whipple
Sponsored

Last edited: