danno1

danno1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Well. I am leaning more towards a n install. Probably go with the Whipple Gen 5. NOW
What are the differences of them? I see the entire setup go anywhere from 8K,9K,10K?
Also what HP numbers are we talking with each Pkg?
Just want a bolt on package for 93 octane. No after install computer "tweaking ".

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I do see the stage 2. Can it handle the 93 octane? What would HP numbers be on a stock engine?
Yes. If you want plug and play, get the complete kit with provided whipple tune. My gen2 stick car put down 708/530 on 93 running the stage 2 kit with the provided whipple tune. Only other modifications to the car was a cat-back.

Sponsored

OP
OP
danno1

danno1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Yes. If you want plug and play, get the complete kit with provided whipple tune. My gen2 stick car put down 708/530 on 93 running the stage 2 kit with the provided whipple tune. Only other modifications to the car was a cat-back.
I see some with an Inter-cooler. What do you guys think? The full kit with Inter-Cooler is between 9300-9500.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I see some with an Inter-cooler. What do you guys think? The full kit with Inter-Cooler is between 9300-9500.
the upgraded heat exchanger is nice, the cobra jet lid is not needed

hit me up with any questions

OP
OP
danno1

danno1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
the upgraded heat exchanger is nice, the cobra jet lid is not needed

hit me up with any questions
So what does the Heat Exchanger benefit? Cobra Jet hood came with the car. I guess no advantage with that I guess. Another question. Right now the car is laid up for the winter. Should I wait for spring or does it matter regarding the price and warranty on kit?

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP
Def go with Whipple! #1 upgrade would be 10 rib with Alternator relocation. I also like the oversized HE esp on the street. Cools the system way faster. I purchased mine through @beefcake because he had the best deal.

Sponsored

Racinjason65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1M-82
It seems the Roush Stage 3 puts out 750 Hp and over 650 lbs of twist.
the Whipple puts out 825 and doesn’t heat soak like the Roush. The Whipple has much cooler inlet temps and makes more power per pound of boost because it’s more efficient than a roots supercharger. If you want to compare the Roush to another Roots supercharger, the VMP Odin also out performs it.
Rouse is cool if you buy it and have it installed at a dealer to get a warranty and are and always will be happy with 750 hp, but if you want to upgrade from
There, there’s not a whole lot to be gained with the Roush. I haven’t seen one in the 8’s yet, but there’s a lot of Whipples, VMP’s, Kenne Bells and centrifugals that are.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
the Whipple puts out 825 and doesn’t heat soak like the Roush. The Whipple has much cooler inlet temps and makes more power per pound of boost because it’s more efficient than a roots supercharger. If you want to compare the Roush to another Roots supercharger, the VMP Odin also out performs it.
Rouse is cool if you buy it and have it installed at a dealer to get a warranty and are and always will be happy with 750 hp, but if you want to upgrade from
There, there’s not a whole lot to be gained with the Roush. I haven’t seen one in the 8’s yet, but there’s a lot of Whipples, VMP’s, Kenne Bells and centrifugals that are.
all other TVS outperforms the Roush TVS 18+ Supercharger.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
exactly. It would be my last choice out of all available FI options (pd, centri or turbos)
I have an EB 2650 I'm over 700 on pump, it is never more than 20-30f over ambient
Edit: +Meth

Last edited:

Racinjason65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1M-82
I have an EB 2650 I'm over 700 on pump, it is never more than 20-30f over ambient
Edit: +Meth
Not sure if you mean Edelbrock or Eaton Blower, but the new Edelbrock would be a tie for my second place choice.
Sponsored