Supercharger....which one?

mangosmoothie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2019 Boolet
Yeah I'm making boost 3k too, but it isn't much. a 50 wtq gain at 3k is noticeable but not slap you in the face like a PD blower will be.

If I had anymore power it would be spin city. I also have a baby pulley and neutered timing for 91. A smaller pulley would make up some of the deficit but that's not an option on 91
Sponsored

Racinjason65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1M-82
I know both are well known. But I assume Whipple has the advantage in what ways?
How about Procharger?
If you want low end torque, then you want a positive displacement supercharger (vs centrifugal). There are 2 different types of PD superchargers, screw and roots. Whipple is the only screw type of the bunch and is more efficient than a roots, meaning that it will make more hp per pound of boost. The Whipple is also 3.0 liters of displacement while most of the roots like Roush, Edelbrock, VMP, etc are 2.65. All of the PD’s are about the same install wise but if I remember correctly some required grinding on the timing cover. Personally I went with Whipple (I also plan on building a forged motor and making a lot more power not too far in the future) but if I was going for a roots style I’d go with either the VMP or Edelbrock before the Roush.

Centerfugal’s like Procharger, Paxton and Vortech are the easiest to install and make great peak power, but will not have the torque or throttle response of a positive displacement supercharger.

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
You're going to be severely limited by the 93 octane no matter what you go with. Basically everything the aftermarket has to offer will have the same horsepower limit because you'll be limited by fuel. Might as well go with something easy and cheap. I vote Centri for that reason, although Whipple has the best offering in the market in my opinion.

I have a 1000rwhp Whipple car. If you have E85 locally available, I would highly suggest going down the rabbit hole of a return style fuel system and a whipple.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Yeah I'm making boost 3k too, but it isn't much. a 50 wtq gain at 3k is noticeable but not slap you in the face like a PD blower will be.

If I had anymore power it would be spin city. I also have a baby pulley and neutered timing for 91. A smaller pulley would make up some of the deficit but that's not an option on 91
Off the line the PD has the advantage in the low rpm but if you have a auto 10 speed all of that changes. It builds rpm so fast it’s almost instantly. or if you are driving at 30-40 and hammer down the transmission will kick down and the centrifugal will be making close to max boost in about 1 second. So if it’s auto go centrifugal if it’s manual root/TVS

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
If you want low end torque, then you want a positive displacement supercharger (vs centrifugal). There are 2 different types of PD superchargers, screw and roots. Whipple is the only screw type of the bunch and is more efficient than a roots, meaning that it will make more hp per pound of boost. The Whipple is also 3.0 liters of displacement while most of the roots like Roush, Edelbrock, VMP, etc are 2.65. All of the PD’s are about the same install wise but if I remember correctly some required grinding on the timing cover. Personally I went with Whipple (I also plan on building a forged motor and making a lot more power not too far in the future) but if I was going for a roots style I’d go with either the VMP or Edelbrock before the Roush.

Centerfugal’s like Procharger, Paxton and Vortech are the easiest to install and make great peak power, but will not have the torque or throttle response of a positive displacement supercharger.
Vmp, roush, are TVS and I think edelbrock is as well

Sponsored

OP
OP
danno1

danno1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2

That was a great "simple" explanation to what I was looking for. Along with other posts here you guys are great and know your stuff!

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have an edelbrock TVS, self installed instant low boost if you want it. it's a different animal than the centri setups, but those cars probably shine more in driveability. The TVS loves to eat tires. But if you have good tires and good grip the grunt off the line is enough to gap 90% of cars on the road. it's also enough to break axles too.

OP
OP
danno1

danno1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
I have an edelbrock TVS, self installed instant low boost if you want it. it's a different animal than the centri setups, but those cars probably shine more in driveability. The TVS loves to eat tires. But if you have good tires and good grip the grunt off the line is enough to gap 90% of cars on the road. it's also enough to break axles too.
That sounds pretty interesting

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
That sounds pretty interesting
Are you auto or manual?
The Whipple does have more HP in it than the TVS setups but not as much torque until you get in big boy power.

This TVS is very quiet stage 1, it doesn't sound supercharged at all except for a few whistles every now an again.

Sponsored
OP
OP
danno1

danno1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Are you auto or manual?
The Whipple does have more HP in it than the TVS setups but not as much torque until you get in big boy power.

This TVS is very quiet stage 1, it doesn't sound supercharged at all except for a few whistles every now an again.
I have a manual. Definitely looking looking for 0-60 times

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have a manual. Definitely looking looking for 0-60 times
Depending on what you like any of the 3 types will serve you well.
I think PD is probably better for a manual though. I believe that has been stated previously, the centri looks well placed on a 10R80 car.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
What is the average install priC? on these s/c?
The answer is it depends... It depends on where you are and who's doing it. I've personally seen/heard 800-3000 USD
Sponsored