Sponsored

Super Snake

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Isn't this a 5.0 GT with a body kit and Whipple?
For the most part Shelby America cars are just every Ford Performance part + Shelby/Scott Drake designed body panels and wheels.

I dont get why people for some reason people pay more for them than say a ROUSH or Steeda Q of the same caliber. At least Roush actively works with FP on performance parts and Steeda designs their own suspension. I don't know what WHAT Shelby actually makes in house other than wheels/kits.
Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Gorgeous!

Only reservation I would have is the tranny. Is it the MT82 or do they swap in a Tremec?
Why? They both have similar power rating only change would be some gearing and a smoother shift linkage. Not at all worth the cost of swapping.

BombZombie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby Super Snake
For the most part Shelby America cars are just every Ford Performance part + Shelby/Scott Drake designed body panels and wheels.

I dont get why people for some reason people pay more for them than say a ROUSH or Steeda Q of the same caliber. At least Roush actively works with FP on performance parts and Steeda designs their own suspension. I don't know what WHAT Shelby actually makes in house other than wheels/kits.
I can only speak for myself, but I like the look and "heritage" of a Shelby American modified vehicle. I'm not a fan of the look of the S550 Roush or Steeda vehicles (but the performance of the Q850 is pretty awesome)

It's just a much stronger preference of a Shelby over the others for me.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
The guys over at Throttle House gave one a spin a couple years ago

Sponsored

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
165k for a base GT.. lol.. No Thanks.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
It might be me but I never really got into having two of pretty much the same vehicle. I love the Super Snake look but if I already had a GT500, the Super Snake would not be on my list as a stable mate. $165k would defintely call for something else for me.

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
Good point....they keep the stock transmission. The one I could get has the 6 speed manual.
Is there no way that you could call them and see if they can fit a Magnum in there? If I was in a position financially to do it, I would see if it’s something they could swing. You won’t lose anything by just asking. The peace of mind alone would be worth it.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I didn’t realize that was based on a Gt, but should have. I was thinking of Jmeo’s 500 that was done. That would be a hard pass with a Gt as the base car.
I was going to stay out of this conversation, but since you mentioned me, I thought I would share what I know.

The first modern error "Super Snake" was born a GT500. It is that simple, the Super Snake was the pinnacle of all Shelby American models, but it had GT500 DNA from the get go.

When the 2015+ mustangs came out, there were no GT500 models to continue the Super Snake name. They began using base GT mustangs to continue this "breed" of car... Right, wrong, or indifferent, that's what they did.

Enter the 2020 GT500......... Crap, now what to we do? Well, we don't wanna call any version of this car a Super Snake because it will cease the lucrative and now plentiful standard base GT version....... (In my opinion it also waters down the stigma of that version, but that's just me). Let's call it a "Signature Edition".......

I do not believe the 2015-2022 GT based cars should be called Super Snakes. To wear that badge, the car should be able to outperform all other versions of the mustang of that era. The GT based "Super Snake" will not out perform a completely stock 2020-2022 GT500, let alone an SE or KR, and definitely not the Code Red.

So to me, only Super Snakes born as a GT500 are real Super Snakes. The years in between 2014 and 2020 are great cars, but hey should be called Shelby GT, or something other than Super Snake. That said, the 2020 GT500 SE (Signature Edition) should have been considered (and named) Super Snake because it was the pinnacle of all mustang models offered today (born a GT500).

The pinnacle of modern Shelby American built mustangs are as follows, (in my opinion):

A. Any Super Snake born as a GT500
B. 2020-2022 Signature Editions (SE)
C. 2020-2022 King of the Road (KR)
D. 2020-2022 Code Red

I do like the base GT version Super Snakes, and I would buy one over any other the other options out there (Steeda, Roush, etc...), but it is not truly a Super Snake.

It might be me but I never really got into having two of pretty much the same vehicle. I love the Super Snake look but if I already had a GT500, the Super Snake would not be on my list as a stable mate. $165k would defintely call for something else for me.
Bingo, the 2020+ GT500 will out perform the GT based "Super Snake" right off the showroom floor.

Last edited:

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
My comment to the OP:

I absolutely love Shelby American. I have met most of the hierarchy personally, and they are all freaking amazing people that I now call friends. I truly love owning a real Shelby American car, and it brings me joy everywhere I go.

Putting aside what it should or shouldn't be called, owning a SA car is meaningful on it's own. If your heart (and wallet) supports your brain, I say go for it.

The car is truly spectacular, and only the ones who know will truly know. I find the people who say "it's slapped together with badges and misc parts" are mostly just people who have never owned one, because they don't have enough money to justify the purchase of one. Notice that I didn't say that they can't afford one, lol.

Now, wide body is the cream on top. It is absolutely insane how great the wide body is, you will not be disappointed.

Jaime

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Well said. Completely agree. Your car is what I thought of when the op posted this thread. Very nice.

I was going to stay out of this conversation, but since you mentioned me, I thought I would share what I know.

The first modern error "Super Snake" was born a GT500. It is that simple, the Super Snake was the pinnacle of all Shelby American models, but it had GT500 DNA from the get go.

When the 2015+ mustangs came out, there were no GT500 models to continue the Super Snake name. They began using base GT mustangs to continue this "breed" of car... Right, wrong, or indifferent, that's what they did.

Enter the 2020 GT500......... Crap, now what to we do? Well, we don't wanna call any version of this car a Super Snake because it will cease the lucrative and now plentiful standard base GT version....... (In my opinion it also waters down the stigma of that version, but that's just me). Let's call it a "Signature Edition".......

I do not believe the 2015-2022 GT based cars should be called Super Snakes. To wear that badge, the car should be able to outperform all other versions of the mustang of that era. The GT based "Super Snake" will not out perform a completely stock 2020-2022 GT500, let alone an SE or KR, and definitely not the Code Red.

So to me, only Super Snakes born as a GT500 are real Super Snakes. The years in between 2014 and 2020 are great cars, but hey should be called Shelby GT, or something other than Super Snake. That said, the 2020 GT500 SE (Signature Edition) should have been considered (and named) Super Snake because it was the pinnacle of all mustang models offered today (born a GT500).

The pinnacle of modern Shelby American built mustangs are as follows, (in my opinion):

D. 2020-2022 Code Red

I do like the base GT version Super Snakes, and I would buy one over any other the other options out there (Steeda, Roush, etc...), but it is not truly a Super Snake.

Bingo, the 2020+ GT500 will out perform the GT based "Super Snake" right off the showroom floor.

OP
OP
gregp

gregp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500, BMW M3
Is there no way that you could call them and see if they can fit a Magnum in there? If I was in a position financially to do it, I would see if it’s something they could swing. You won’t lose anything by just asking. The peace of mind alone would be worth it.
Thinking about calling them and giving that a shot...

D. 2020-2022 Code Red

Good information. Thanks for not staying out of it!

OP
OP
gregp

gregp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500, BMW M3
My comment to the OP:

I absolutely love Shelby American. I have met most of the hierarchy personally, and they are all freaking amazing people that I now call friends. I truly love owning a real Shelby American car, and it brings me joy everywhere I go.

Putting aside what it should or shouldn't be called, owning a SA car is meaningful on it's own. If your heart (and wallet) supports your brain, I say go for it.

The car is truly spectacular, and only the ones who know will truly know. I find the people who say "it's slapped together with badges and misc parts" are mostly just people who have never owned one, because they don't have enough money to justify the purchase of one. Notice that I didn't say that they can't afford one, lol.

Now, wide body is the cream on top. It is absolutely insane how great the wide body is, you will not be disappointed.

Jaime
Yeah, I feel the same way. There are a few things on this car that I just think are fantastic, and maybe a few that I don't. Kind of torn on this one...

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
I like the look of the SS Wide Body and especially the Speedster and I'm not a big convertible fan. However if I was going to get one I would prefer it just have the A10. I would likely spend the money on something else but if I won one I would probably keep it 😀

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
IMO - and I've suggested it before (and even posted recently in the site recommendations/issues sub-forum); if we can have sub-forums on here for certain S550's, we should definitely have a "Super Snake" sub-forum because that build platform is very unique and specific.

It also gives another outlet for M6G owners who do own them and would bring in additional owners outside of M6G who do own them or are thinking of buying. I only make this suggestion because Super Snake discussions always get buried within the existing "catch all" sub-forums.
Sponsored