Sponsored

Shelby Super Snake vs GT500? Witch one and Why????

Cobra99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Nope, and none of us can see the future that far out. The CSM number means that such a car will be in the Shelby registry for all eternity with all the classic Shelby American built Shelbys, however. That matters to some.

I looked into having them widebody my '15, but not the full SS treatment as I wanted to build a new engine for it myself and twin turbo it for something different. Since it wouldn't be a Super Snake, there would be no CSM number, but the car would still have been placed in the registry as modified by Shelby American. Which would have been pretty cool, but to make a long story short, I decided that a GT500 would be far less screwing around and probably a better value, all things considered.

I don't give a whit about future potential collectible value anyway, because I'll be dead by then and I no longer have an heir to leave my fleet to. My plan as of today is to order a '22 GT500 when the order banks open (assuming I survive the 'rona and my employer stays in business and keeps paying me) and just drive the snot out of it.
You do realize that all 'Ford' built Shelby's can be entered into the registry. I did it with my '13 and am going to do it with my '20. I also think that to be a Super Snake it has to be born a snake.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
You do realize that all 'Ford' built Shelby's can be entered into the registry. I did it with my '13 and am going to do it with my '20. I also think that to be a Super Snake it has to be born a snake.
Yes, but is a Ford built Shelby in the world registry (the book)? I don't recall and I haven't seen a copy in ages, well before Ford started building Shelbys for '07. Maybe they don't even do the book thing anymore.

My '07 was registered also, but there was no CSM number, obviously, as that car wasn't SS'ed. I'm not sure how they break things down these days.....

OP
OP
socal2fast

socal2fast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I was told if I purchase a GT 500. And had Shelby America do the widebody package on the car it would be in the registry with Shelby

OP
OP
socal2fast

socal2fast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I also like the peace of mind knowing that if I buy a GT 350 or GT 500 from Ford I can purchase an eight year hundred thousand mile warranty from ford and drive the car and enjoy it with no worries

Sponsored

Cobra99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Yes, but is a Ford built Shelby in the world registry (the book)? I don't recall and I haven't seen a copy in ages, well before Ford started building Shelbys for '07. Maybe they don't even do the book thing anymore.

My '07 was registered also, but there was no CSM number, obviously, as that car wasn't SS'ed. I'm not sure how they break things down these days.....
Yes the 'Book' is the registry.

You can enter it here
https://www.shelby.com/Registry/VIN
this is what it says
'Welcome to the Shelby Unified Registry!

This registry is for all Shelby vehicles produced from 1962 to present. More than just a registration of your base vehicle, it's a place to keep records of the changes in ownership and changes to your car through the years. Documentation of your Shelby will provide future generations with a history of the cars they're buying and will, if complete, get you the most out of your investment if and when you decide to sell your Shelby vehicle.

Please be as accurate and complete as possible when registering or modifying your registry entry. Click below to continue:'

and you can also order a certificate.
https://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/S2MS-cert.htm

I tried for my 2020 VIN and it didn't accept it. I have an inquiry in now.

OP
OP
socal2fast

socal2fast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
let us know what you hear back.

You can enter it here
this is what it says

This registry is for all Shelby vehicles produced from 1962 to present. More than just a registration of your base vehicle, it's a place to keep records of the changes in ownership and changes to your car through the years. Documentation of your Shelby will provide future generations with a history of the cars they're buying and will, if complete, get you the most out of your investment if and when you decide to sell your Shelby vehicle.

Please be as accurate and complete as possible when registering or modifying your registry entry. Click below to continue:'

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase

You can enter it here
this is what it says

Mine is successfully registered, and I was able to purchase a certificate.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Cool beans, Jaime. When I registered my other car, I went for the wooden frame version and it's nice. Probably never worth the money like most things today but it's nice. I didn't go for it with the new car as I wanted to have the matte/frame done locally.

I don't remember if I told you guys this or not but I worked with a Marine who purchased a GT350 the first year they came out and the same year that he graduated from the Bote School. :-) Had it for a few years and then it was stolen around Norfolk if memory serves.

Fast forward twenty-five years and he gets a call. Someone found the car, checked the registry, notified them along with the authorities and ultimately, my friend got his car back...thanks to the Shelby registry.

Pretty amazing, huh?

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Cool beans, Jaime. When I registered my other car, I went for the wooden frame version and it's nice. Probably never worth the money like most things today but it's nice. I didn't go for it with the new car as I wanted to have the matte/frame done locally.

I don't remember if I told you guys this or not but I worked with a Marine who purchased a GT350 the first year they came out and the same year that he graduated from the Bote School. :-) Had it for a few years and then it was stolen around Norfolk if memory serves.

Fast forward twenty-five years and he gets a call. Someone found the car, checked the registry, notified them along with the authorities and ultimately, my friend got his car back...thanks to the Shelby registry.

Pretty amazing, huh?
Yes, that’s an awesome story. Twenty five years later, wow.

I did order the frame Kent. I figured why the heck not, it’s my first Shelby.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I figured why the heck not, it’s my first Shelby.
I actually remember thinking exactly the same thing in '14, Jaime. :-) Why not indeed.

OP
OP
socal2fast

socal2fast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I also see some dealers selling Super Snakes with no supercharger???? just the stock 5.0 and all the other super snake dress up?

How you guys seen these? What do you think?

Deleted member 37397

I also see some dealers selling Super Snakes with no supercharger???? just the stock 5.0 and all the other super snake dress up?

How you guys seen these? What do you think?
I think they owe you a supercharger for those prices.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
The local dealer got a Race Red Shelby Signature Series (which I'd never heard of prior to seeing it), which is bizarre to me as they hardly move any Mustangs at all to start with, let alone something like this. A mere $128K.

I'd much rather have a GT500.
Sponsored