Sponsored

Strut Tower Brace missing from your engine bay?

Alloy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 EB
Can anyone confirm that if your car came with the K brace that it already had the additional bracing part that some people were having issues installing? I just purchased and ECO with PP. It came with the k brace but I haven't had a chance to check to see if the 3rd bracing piece is installed under the cowl.
Sponsored

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow GT Premium w/50th Appearance
Can anyone confirm that if your car came with the K brace that it already had the additional bracing part that some people were having issues installing? I just purchased and ECO with PP. It came with the k brace but I haven't had a chance to check to see if the 3rd bracing piece is installed under the cowl.
There are only two pieces under the hood... K brace and strut brace. There's another under the frame on PP cars, under the oil pan with a flap to get at the oil filter. :D

Alloy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 EB
This was the piece I was concerned with. I was curious as to whether or not out would be already installed on a PP with K brace already being on the car.
20160110_130152.jpg

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
This was the piece I was concerned with. I was curious as to whether or not out would be already installed on a PP with K brace already being on the car.
That comes on the PP cars. I chose to not install it as I didn't want to tear up that much stuff, and just the k-brace and strut tower brace did a lot.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
My bad, I've never seen it before. Where does it go on the car... any pictures? It's not part of the Ford Racing strut tower kit.
:confused:

Sponsored

StrongFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, MT, Deep Impact Blue, 401A
The full black brace comes with the 20" wheel option, not the silver Strut Tower Brace.

We have made guesses, but nobody really knows the reason why.
I'll add my guess as to why the 20" wheel option also includes the triangulated strut brace. Per the Ford dealer order guide the PP and the 20" wheels have the same 40' turning radius, which is larger than all other GT's. That larger turning radius may have different chassis loading.
Dealer Order Guide Snip.JPG

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
I'll add my guess as to why the 20" wheel option also includes the triangulated strut brace. Per the Ford dealer order guide the PP and the 20" wheels have the same 40' turning radius, which is larger than all other GT's. That larger turning radius may have different chassis loading.
I wonder if that could also be the reason Ford won't offer the spare tire with the 20's. (yes, everyone already knows the reason for it on the PP is the large brakes)

Less Weight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Make sure your car has this piece too if you want full strength from the upper K brace and strut tower brace.

Ok, so my car will be delivered in about 5 weeks. This bracing and stiffening is the first upgrade I want to do on my car as I'm positive it will have a significant effect on the dynamics of the front end.

I have been reading through this thread but I can't seem to find a definitive answer as to where the best place to get the complete kit is from. I'm looking to get the two main braces, the above pictured additional bracket and all mounting hardware. Is CJ Pony the best place to get everything with the exception of the above pictured bracket(I don't think it is included in the kit)? Or is there somewhere where I can get all the parts together?

In any case, thanks in advance for any info.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
The turning radius has nothing to do with chassis loading. They limit how much you can turn the wheel as the tire gets wider to ensure it doesn't contact anything. When you have the wheel turn to full lock you are going slow and are not loading the chassis as much as you are at higher speeds with less than full lock.

All the cars I have purchased over the years with an wider optional tire and wheel package have had an increased turning radius.

But the wider summer tires have more grip and can load the chassis more so the additional bracing is warranted.

Dave

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
I wonder if that could also be the reason Ford won't offer the spare tire with the 20's. (yes, everyone already knows the reason for it on the PP is the large brakes)
No, the real reason (aside from pp brakes) is that the PP and 20" wheels use summer tires and the spare is all season.

Sponsored

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I have been reading through this thread but I can't seem to find a definitive answer as to where the best place to get the complete kit is from. I'm looking to get the two main braces, the above pictured additional bracket and all mounting hardware. Is CJ Pony the best place to get everything with the exception of the above pictured bracket(I don't think it is included in the kit)? Or is there somewhere where I can get all the parts together?

In any case, thanks in advance for any info.
Okay, does anyone know what the funky little "above pictured bracket" does? It doesn't appear to function as bracing, and isn't included in the Ford Racing Strut Tower Brace kit (which bolts firmly to the firewall without it), so do we need it? Any insights from the group out there?

PS - I got my Ford Racing strut tower brace on ebay from gyeomansford in Florida for $173.95 with free shipping. I wouldn't pay more than that.
:shrug:

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
Okay, does anyone know what the funky little "above pictured bracket" does? It doesn't appear to function as bracing, and isn't included in the Ford Racing Strut Tower Brace kit (which bolts firmly to the firewall without it), so do we need it? Any insights from the group out there?

PS - I got my Ford Racing strut tower brace on ebay from gyeomansford in Florida for $173.95 with free shipping. I wouldn't pay more than that.
:shrug:
It is most positively is a brace. The firewall next to the engine is a flimsy piece of sheet metal the frame around the windshield is the upper edge of the real strong firewall so without that brace you are significantly reducing the effectiveness of the entire system. Triangulation is the key to strength and not tying the towers to the real firewall is a waste of money.
Sponsored