Sponsored

Strut Tower Brace missing from your engine bay?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Hey buddy, how easy was this install? What does the install entail? Do you have to disassemble a lot or is it a quick job?

Also, more important than that, does it make a significant difference in chassis rigidity, handling sharpness, and body control? Thanks.
It's pretty straightforward install. Which parts do you already have? The lower brace and PP closeout panel is a piece of cake. A few screws to remove the non-PP panel, 6 bolts for the brace and a few more screws for the new panel.

All the pieces together add a significant degree in sharpness in handling and composure over bumps. I was actually surprised at the difference in ride composure just adding the firewall connector made, having all the rest of it already. [MENTION=19644]Lexman[/MENTION] recently did all the top stuff (tower brace, K-brace and firewall connector) and noted similar feelings with his car, which has PP struts and shocks, and BMR SP763 springs, so similar stiffness to stock. He is doing the lower brace soon as well.
Sponsored

Lexman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium
It's pretty straightforward install. Which parts do you already have? The lower brace and PP closeout panel is a piece of cake. A few screws to remove the non-PP panel, 6 bolts for the brace and a few more screws for the new panel.

All the pieces together add a significant degree in sharpness in handling and composure over bumps. I was actually surprised at the difference in ride composure just adding the firewall connector made, having all the rest of it already. [MENTION=19644]Lexman[/MENTION] recently did all the top stuff (tower brace, K-brace and firewall connector) and noted similar feelings with his car, which has PP struts and shocks, and BMR SP763 springs, so similar stiffness to stock. He is doing the lower brace soon as well.
Yep, should have lower brace on this weekend. The difference the upper braces made was noticeable. More precise, and sharper steering and front stiffness.

Combined with what I’ve done suspension wise it is very satisfying when it comes to handling. I feel like I can whip it around corners! :D

Less Weight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

All the pieces together add a significant degree in sharpness in handling and composure over bumps. I was actually surprised at the difference in ride composure just adding the firewall connector made, having all the rest of it already. [MENTION=19644]Lexman[/MENTION] recently did all the top stuff (towrer brace, K-brace and firewall connector) and noted similar feelings with his car, which has PP struts and shocks, and BMR SP763 springs, so similar stiffness to stock. He is doing the lower brace soon as well.
Thanks for the reply. :)

I installed the strut tower brace, K-brace and firewall connector last summer and immediately notice a difference in front end rigidity and quicker corner entry response but being as I'm still on stock springs and shocks the car still is sloppy.

What is this PP close out panel you refer to? I'm aware of the K shaped lower brace, which is what I was asking you about, but am not familiar with this other part.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the reply. :)

I installed the strut tower brace, K-brace and firewall connector last summer and immediately notice a difference in front end rigidity and quicker corner entry response but being as I'm still on stock springs and shocks the car still is sloppy.

What is this PP close out panel you refer to? I'm aware of the K shaped lower brace, which is what I was asking you about, but am not familiar with this other part.
It's the plastic panel with the oil filter flap that goes with the lower K brace.
Sponsored