Sponsored

Stereo Information (Wiring, Upgrades, etc...)

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Question guys, im sorry. The subwoofer signal wires leaving the amplifier under the riverside kick panel - before it gets to the stock subwoofer amplifier, what type of signal are those? I had a harness made by Hextall, he made wires that clipped into the sub signal after the kick panel amp, and the other side are RCA's, those plugged into my Mono d amplifier.

however, I want to know is that low level? or high level signal? (before the 2nd amplifier) im curious, because my new amplifier, it has a toggle low level, or high level, and I don't know which it actually is.

if its actually high level, I feel sorry for my amplifier, ive had them hooked up to the RCA input the entire time on my current amp. instead of using the high level input plug on it.

I don't know if it matters- but I used forescan and disabled the factory EQ. making everything - line level? I read people saying that is what it does. Would that affect what the signal is, I just need to know which selector to pick for my amp for these signals. amp arrives in 2 days.

17 Mustang EcoBoost- shaker pro 12 speaker system

Rafie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rafie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT
I figured this information is kind of scattered everywhere, so I am trying to condense it all into one place to help everyone out.

If there is information that needs to be edited or added, let me know. Hopefully I will be able to edit this later to keep it up to date.

Speaker Info
Base Model (6 Speaker Configuration)
6.5" (Doors)
Tweeters (A Pillars)
6.5" (Rear Deck)

Premium Models 200A/400A (9 Speaker Configuration)
6.5" (Doors)
3.5" (Doors)
Tweeters (A Pillars)
3.5" Center Channel (In dash)
6.5" (Rear Deck)

Premium Models w/ Shaker Audio 201A/401A (12 Speaker Configuration)
6.5" (Doors)
3.5" (Doors)
Tweeters (A Pillars)
3.5" Center Channel (In dash)
6.5" Coax (Rear Deck)
Subwoofer

Speaker Pictures (Premium Shaker Shown) - Thank you stoli!!
1-X3.jpg

2-X3.jpg

3-X2.jpg

Amplifier Information
Base cars do not have an amplifier, all speakers are powered directly from the head unit.

Premium/Shaker cars have an amplifier in the drivers side kick panel area that is driven from line level feeds from the head unit. The center channel is "created" by the amplifier itself, not the head unit. The sub signal also seems to be artificially created as I see no wiring to suggest it comes directly from the head unit.

The subwoofer amplifier is located on the subwoofer box itself.

Wiring Information
Here are the wiring diagrams for the cars. Thank you Heinoceros.

Base radio (only shows front speakers):
4.png

Premium (including Shaker systems):
Head Unit to Amplifier
5.png

Amplifier to Speakers
6.png

Amplifier Connectors Thank you ThirtyThreePointThree and h65 for getting part numbers and the rest of this information.
These are made by Molex and can be had from Mouser.com.

34690-0160 - C4270 has the RCA-level audio and noise cancellation.
http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=34690-0160

34690-0161 - C2385A has most of the speaker outputs.
http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=34690-0161

34772-0142 - C2385B has the other speakers plus 6v Remote, 12V power and ground. Mouser does not stock the 34772-0142 plug so use the 34772-0140 variant. To use this you'll need to trim the bumps off the factory end. They come off easily with a boxknife. This is easier than trimming the inside of the new connector. It won't affect its ability to lock in place with the amp or the new connector.
http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=34772-0140

Pre-Amp Signal Measurements - Thank you h65!
The range is 0.04 volts at 20% volume to 1.53 volts at 80% volume (and 3.1 volts at max volume) with a CD audio source. Measurement was taken from pins 7 and 8 which represent the front left signal.

12v Remote Turn-on Lead
There is one conveniently located in the trunk wiring harness near the right rear speaker. The wire you are looking for is the blue/white one.
Thank you so much for this information. Using this, I was able to upgrade the stereo on my 2018 Mustang GT. By the way I was able to get the 34772-0142 plug from Mouser. This saved me from running wires into the doors.

Emilbadal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Auto DIB
Does anyone know which wire is the ACM 6v turn on wire behind the Base model?

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Hey guys any info on base 6 spkr impedance for the speakers.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks
The tweeters in the pillars are 8ohm and 12.5watt
The woofers in the doors are 4ohm and 25watts
The rear shelf speakers are 4ohm and 25watts as well

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
So I started going through the 69 pages of comments here to find an answer but got lazy and gave up, hoping someone knows offhand where to point me. I have a 2018 300A car with the base radio but with Sync 3 installed. I don't listen to the radio much but when I do there is NO bass and it's the first car I've ever maxed out the volume on. Wondering if it's an easy upgrade to find a used factory 9- or 12-speaker amp and subwoofer and plug-and-play to get more volume and bass? Or if I would also need more wiring harnesses or something?

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I started going through the 69 pages of comments here to find an answer but got lazy and gave up, hoping someone knows offhand where to point me. I have a 2018 300A car with the base radio but with Sync 3 installed. I don't listen to the radio much but when I do there is NO bass and it's the first car I've ever maxed out the volume on. Wondering if it's an easy upgrade to find a used factory 9- or 12-speaker amp and subwoofer and plug-and-play to get more volume and bass? Or if I would also need more wiring harnesses or something?

Mike if you have Forscan turn off the equalization with the base unit. There is a bass roll off with the oem equalization. I have the base 6 spkr stereo and I have Forscan and removed the bass roll off. There is bass now and it made the stock stereo sound so much better. I am going to add some better speakers now and probably be done with it.

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mike if you have Forscan turn off the equalization with the base unit. There is a bass roll off with the oem equalization. I have the base 6 spkr stereo and I have Forscan and removed the bass roll off. There is bass now and it made the stock stereo sound so much better. I am going to add some better speakers now and probably be done with it.
Whoa cool, thanks Dave, I do have Forscan from the Sync 3 upgrade and will give it a try!

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whoa cool, thanks Dave, I do have Forscan from the Sync 3 upgrade and will give it a try!
Want to talk about your Sync 3 upgrade later.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Want to talk about your Sync 3 upgrade later.
No problem, I have a list of all the parts you need and a link to an install video.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No problem, I have a list of all the parts you need and a link to an install video.

Found a used one for a 2019 and 2020 no cd input. He told me its pretty much plug and play other than some Forscan programming.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Found a used one for a 2019 and 2020 no cd input. He told me its pretty much plug and play other than some Forscan programming.
Don’t know if you are interested but while I had it apart I installed an XM-capable radio and antenna, for resale purposes if nothing else. Wasn’t that much more money. Think I found a used radio on ebay for $60 and then the antenna was $40 or something.
Sponsored